PDA

View Full Version : Jessops

LooeyUK
12-07-2004, 13:35
Hi people! Does anyone know if Jessops price match websites? If they do, do you know if they would price match 7dayshop.com?

SMHarman
12-07-2004, 13:50
Probably, but they will add the VAT to get a comparable price to pricematch against.

7dayshop is based in Gurnsey, so outside the remit of UK VAT, you are personally liable to VAT on the import, but the Royal Mail as collecting agent are not very good at their job, so you usually don't pay the VAT.

Thus if 7 day shop were advertising a product for £200, then the price match value would be £235. Jessops have a central call centre that these price match approvals are done with, so I am sure they would be wise to the pricing of 7dayshop.

I personally don't place much on the Jessops price match. They would price match the Canon A80 for me, but not throw in the 128Mb card that Argos were giving away :dunce:, so I bought it from Argos

andygrif
13-07-2004, 00:27
It's always having a go at a good barter session! Ask them, that's the only way to find out. I bought my digital camera from them after a couple of hours getting the best price from Tottenham Ct Rd, they matched it and threw in an extra Memory Stick for free. It all depends on the manager of the store and more importantly if he can still make money from the deal. If he can sell it to you and make a little profit, then he's still quids in, but he's not going to sell it to you if he's making a loss.

Tricky
13-07-2004, 19:29
From experience yes although you sometimes need to stick to your guns! - I've found Leeds Jessops matched without a problem when I bought my Digital Camera saved £260+ on retail price. When I tried the same in Huddersfield on a Digital Camcorder the price I had was £594 and they were selling at £999. He went off to call head office!(mmm) and came back with we can do £724 - I pointed out that the offer said "Price match on proof" he then tried getting me on the 25 mile radius thing and also the other store having stock - Site was in huddersfield also! (Whoops!) and I'd already checked they had them in stock so in the end he backed down - although he would no longer throw 10 tapes in for free!

gary_580
13-07-2004, 19:39
Hi people! Does anyone know if Jessops price match websites? If they do, do you know if they would price match 7dayshop.com?

Yes they do price match web sites. No they wont match 7dayshop.com

They matched empiredirect.co.uk a few years ago for me. I asked them about 7dayshop about 2 months ago and they said NO as 7dayshop operates in a tax free zone.

gary_580
13-07-2004, 19:42
I personally don't place much on the Jessops price match. They would price match the Canon A80 for me, but not throw in the 128Mb card that Argos were giving away :dunce:, so I bought it from Argos

i bought a digital camcorder from Jessops where they matched Empiredirect.co.uk. I was then told that Empiredirect had dropped their price on the camera. So i went to Jessops and they refunded me the amount Empiredirect had dropped their price as it was within 7 days on me buying the camera.

I was well pleased with that result