PDA

View Full Version : Enermax PSUs

bonzoe
21-06-2003, 17:44
Was looking at cases, one said it could take Enermax psus as if not all other cases couldn't. Are Enermax psus not the standard ATX size to fit all cases?

Thanks

Paul K
21-06-2003, 18:03
Just looked at the specs for a couple and they seem to be standard sizes. I have an ATX case and a PSU the size of the enermax units I looked at fits just fine.

Buzzby
21-06-2003, 21:37
I just went out & bought one for my generic case, ATX??? and
it fits OK. They are good kit, well built, 2 fans & good wiring.

what_happend?
21-06-2003, 21:41
Originally posted by Buzzby
I just went out & bought one for my generic case, ATX??? and
it fits OK. They are good kit, well built, 2 fans & good wiring.

How quiet is it ? I so need a quiet one.

patrickp
21-06-2003, 22:18
I've got an Enermax PSU, too, and it fits a standard generic case fine. Not noisy, either.

locus
21-06-2003, 22:35
Was looking at cases, one said it could take Enermax psus as if not all other cases couldn't. Are Enermax psus not the standard ATX size to fit all cases?
Enermax PSUs are standard ATX size, but there have been issues in fitting them to some makes of case. I have experienced this problem on several occasions myself.

The fan grill on the bottom fan stands proud, and this can cause a problem. There is always a way round this. As a last resort, the grill can be removed until the PSU is correctly positioned, before being refitted.

You should not let the possibility of meeting this problem deter you from using an Enermax. They are good PSUs, although I would rather fit a PSU from the Antec True range.

TigaSefi
21-06-2003, 22:36
my Enermax has a control on it so it could be quiet and hot or noisy and cool
hehe great for watching movies

Darren Wilson
21-06-2003, 22:38
If you do buy an Enermax PSU make sure that you buy one from either a listed Enermax distributor or a company who buys from a bona fide Enermax distri as there are a lot of fake enermax PSU's floating around the market at the moment. Enermax are getting very heavy on serial numbers now and if you ahve got a Enermax 'branded' PSU & the serial number doesn;t match up on Enermax's systems should you need warranty service, you wil be stuck.

distortal
22-06-2003, 12:26
I have an Emermax 431W - they're really nice to look at but, in my system, the 2nd fan starts up and it's quite loud (got a cramped, warm-running box here).

They can take just about anything you throw at them though, and come with the extra P4 connector. They're basically high-quality ATX jobbies with LOADS of HD-style connectors.