PDA

View Full Version : NTL installation confusion.

Omar
11-07-2004, 14:17
Hi there,

for a long time i've been told that i cant have cable delivered to my properties even though everyone else i know down my road is able to have it. We live in a kind of suburban area, lots of detached houses and large gardens. This was the reason for it. But after ringing after a year of been told it was economically unviable for ntl: to cable my property, they sent a surveyor to examine my property and gave the go ahead to cable my property, which was good news to hear :)... However, i'm a bit confused as to what would be going on from there, as i didnt speak with the surveyor (my dad did) and he was supposed to speak to me. my dad told me the surveyor would ring back but he never did, but my dad mentioned the surveyor said nothing of 'any' possible price which would be involved in the cabling. In confusion i rang ntl: sales department to try to get an answer. I simply asked the lady over the phone whether the status of whether i could have ntl: services had changed. She said 'May 15th' (this coming thursday). If so i have no problems with this, but er i'd like to know if there will be any construction to enable it in some way without me possibly having to pay extra installation fees by the 15th (my bank balance aint too shabby :p). if someone could give me the lowdown of what would possibly happy i'd be delighted.

Thanks,

Graham F
11-07-2004, 19:09
Hi and :welcome: to the site :)

I take it you meant July not May?!? To be honest the only ppl that can answer your questions are ntl, i would give them a ring tomorrow and ask them to clarify the situation for you. Even ask for the installtion manager to give you a ring as he will know the lowdonw on whats going on better then anyone else :)

HTH

Omar
11-07-2004, 23:48
thanks will do :D

and yeh it was july ... May ? what was i thinking... lol :S

Omar
12-07-2004, 12:31
well now i got to wait for them to ring me back... waits :D

poolking
12-07-2004, 12:34
well now i got to wait for them to ring me back... waits :D
My advice go and do some shopping, do the gardening, then fix dinner.

Looking at some people's experiences on here, they wait a while for a callback. :D

Omar
12-07-2004, 13:06
the sad thing is i spent most of yesterday doing those

so im basically twiddling my thumbs doing nothing :D

wow your right... is ringing them back an option or do they just tell u they'll call u back again? :rolleyes:

Omar
12-07-2004, 16:39
hmm i see what you meant now lol :/

Graham F
12-07-2004, 17:37
I hope you got the name of the person that you spoke to?

if not thats my top tip when dealing with ntl :)

Omar
14-07-2004, 00:49
hmm i rang them back today and they're sending a technician to start construction to set up a tee outside my house for no fee... was just worried cause i read another person here had to pay 220 quid.

ah well no worries i'll beon ntl soon hopefully and no more crappy isdn :)