PDA

View Full Version : (help) new customer pin number

trebor
11-07-2004, 14:07
A friend had broadband installed on thursday the engineer didn't have the pin number to activate the service and left saying somebody would ring with it (haha)

guess what..... nobody did, so he rang them and asked for one and was told it could not be done he would have to wait for the computer generated letter. I know this is not true because I had to ring for my pin when I got installed so is there anybody here that can generate a new customers pin number if given the correct information?

thanks

Marge
11-07-2004, 14:12
Nope, sorry we can't generate a pin, the system has to generate it however if your friend rings cs it should have come through by now (there has been a delay on them)

Whereabouts does your friend live??

Maggy
11-07-2004, 14:15
Sorry trebor but I have a strange feeling of deja vue.I'm sure someone recently asked this question.

Maybe these will help,

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?p=252730#post252730
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=13947&highlight=pin+number

By the looks of it Mark B is yer man. :)

Incog.

trebor
11-07-2004, 14:27
Nope, sorry we can't generate a pin, the system has to generate it however if your friend rings cs it should have come through by now (there has been a delay on them)

Whereabouts does your friend live??

stoke, why does it make a difference? and is cs open on sundays?

Marge
11-07-2004, 14:35
stoke, why does it make a difference? and is cs open on sundays?

No, doesn't make a difference, just wondered if you came under the NW region........ Tech Support are open, they may be able to advise

scrotnig
11-07-2004, 14:48
Oh dear...another one!:(

I can actually sort this for you.

I am off work this coming week, however, I have 'delegated' someone in my absence to deal with these.

If you want to PM me your details, I will phone them through on Monday and ask this person to create a PIN for you which will allow you to register and get online.

trebor
11-07-2004, 15:10
Thanks Mark, my friend took debsy42's advice and rang once more, after a long wait he is now sorted and online, the person he spoke to registered him from NTL's end by the sound of it as he didn't give my friend a pin.
so thanks again one and all, lets hope it's another happy NTL customer ;)

scrotnig
11-07-2004, 15:20
Thanks Mark, my friend took debsy42's advice and rang once more, after a long wait he is now sorted and online, the person he spoke to registered him from NTL's end by the sound of it as he didn't give my friend a pin.
so thanks again one and all, lets hope it's another happy NTL customer ;)
Glad you got that sorted, sorry it took so long.

inthewildteam
12-07-2004, 00:11
What a bloody shambles!!

A new customer gets equipment installed and left like that!

What on earth is going on?