PDA

View Full Version : Extending Sky To Another Room

carlingman
10-07-2004, 02:58
Poser for you all here.

Ok I had better start with the current set up.

Have a Sky Box downstairs in living room that is linked into the VCR, and my 5.1 surround sound working perfectly.

What is the best way to get it piped up to the upstairs room.

I am not bothered about being able to change the channel selected on the box whilst upstairs nor am i bothered about being able to watch more than one channel.

Main reason is the ability to get sky on the upstairs TV withoot having to go through the hassle that i am currently doing which is unplugging me 5.1 surround sound and VCR and the feed then plugging in the coax to the feed upstairs as the upstairs tv has no surround sound etc.

I know the quality of sound on the main TV is not true 5.1 sound but it is good enough and i do not want any quality sound upstairs.

Is there a splitter or any such booster available that will do the above job.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:D

skyblueheroes
10-07-2004, 08:27
I have a booster to allow me to view the channel, and a cheap video sender, which although sends the channel too, allows me to change channel. Works perfectly.

Bifta
10-07-2004, 10:03
I have a booster to allow me to view the channel, and a cheap video sender, which although sends the channel too, allows me to change channel. Works perfectly.

Which sender do you use? I'm after one myself.

paulyoung666
10-07-2004, 10:12
@ carlingman which sky box is it ????????? , i only ask because my pace original one has a second rf output :)

dilli-theclaw
10-07-2004, 10:43
@ carlingman which sky box is it ????????? , i only ask because my pace original one has a second rf output :)
Mine does to - and I have a cable coming off it to my computer room upstairs where it works fine.

skyblueheroes
10-07-2004, 11:59
I use a sender I bought in Curry's for £25. Its not branded and they have two sorts (same sender, just different box designs).

The wierd thing was that I went in afterwards to ask for a friend and they wanted £50.

The picture is superb, but I don't really use it for that. I use the dedicated line in picture, and just use it to change channels.

carlingman
11-07-2004, 01:48

Thanks people for the all replies.

I will be looking into the option of sender for the ability to change the channels as firstly it was not my primary concern.

However i seem (touch wood) to have solved the problem thanks to a few pointers here.

As Paulyoung mentioned my box is a pace box with two rf outs but neither seemed to work properly, the first would work with a crap picture upstairs and the 2nd would give nothing.

So i furthered this idea and found that in 'Services' option 4 then 0 then 1 and there is an option to switch on the +9v.

This did not cure the problem.

So I then took out the terrestial "aerial in" and boomshaka the RF out worked with perfect pictures upstairs.

So I can now leave this in and not have to bother switching cables as the main TV downstairs works with the cable in and I dont have to bother switching them at all.

Only downside is though the ability to change channels from upstairs which at first I was not too bothered about but if a sender does the job then I will be well happy.

Thanks again.

paulyoung666
11-07-2004, 06:46
a result :tu: :)

Neil
14-07-2004, 17:08
Is this (http://www.lektropacks.co.uk/product/technical.asp?dept%5Fid=59&sku=223) any good? :)

ian@huth
14-07-2004, 17:15
Maplin have an offer on wireless video/tv link, £29.99 plus you can get extra receivers for £19.99 each. http://www.maplin.co.uk/default.asp?CartID=11024919

Neil
14-07-2004, 17:57
Maplin have an offer on wireless video/tv link, £29.99 plus you can get extra receivers for £19.99 each. http://www.maplin.co.uk/default.asp?CartID=11024919

That is knowledge Ian! :tu:

rick
22-07-2004, 19:48
Bought the same sender from Maplins last saturday,Arrived this monday and work like a dream ;)