PDA

View Full Version : NTL PIN Numbersââ‚à ‚¬Ã‚¦

NinjaBikeRider
08-07-2004, 20:21
Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢ve had the standalone modem install, but canââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t set it up as I require a PIN Number from NTL. Theyââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ve been saying the computers that create theses numbers are down and are waiting for their supplier, IBM, to fix the software?? This of course is now becoming very frustratingâââ€Å ¡Ã‚¬Ã‚¦!! Why didnââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t they tell me this when I was buying the service, as I did ask for a †˜guaranteedà¢ÃƒÆ’¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢ââ‚ ¬Å¾Ã‚¢ set-up day.

Theyââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ve checked my details and a PIN Number hasnââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t been generated for me, but I still canââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t understand why it cannot be done manually? Is this the case, can it be generated manually?

Also, does anyone know how long their PIN generating has been down for?

Many thanksââ‚Ã⠀šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦:)

Paul
08-07-2004, 20:27
I don't remember ever needing a PIN number when my BB was installed - what is it for exactly ?

NinjaBikeRider
08-07-2004, 20:38
Good questionââ‚à ƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦ Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢m not 100% sure; I assume itââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s to verify my account details with NTL. During the install procedure it asks for a PIN Numberââ‚Ã⠀šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦NTL have said I definitely need one to get any further, but theyââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢re unable to supply anyââ‚Âà ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦!!

Tezcatlipoca
08-07-2004, 20:42
You need a PIN when registering....

Other people have been having problems with getting a PIN generated:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=13947

With any luck, one of the helpful NTL associates here will see your thread & sort out a PIN for you.

Oh, & :welcome:, by the way :)

Mick
08-07-2004, 20:42
Hi NinjaBikeRider and welcome to the site. :welcome:

Did you not receive a broadband welcome pack from ntl? I know my welcome pack contained my PIN number.

homealone
08-07-2004, 20:52
Things may of changed, but I was assigned a PIN before the installation, an NTL guy called at the house with a Customer Service Agreement to sign - and he wrote the PIN on that. Then when the installation was done, I was able to get straight online, after completing the registration process.

So if you have a similar document, or welcome letter, it may be worth checking to see if a PIN is written on it?

- it was 2 years ago, though, so, as I say, things may have changed. ;)

<edit> sorry, didn't see Mick's post before I hit submit :D

NinjaBikeRider
08-07-2004, 20:59
Yes, got sent a welcome pack, but it didn't include the PIN...Doesn't feel like much of a welcome...!!

Tezcatlipoca, thx, i'll check out that link...

scrotnig
08-07-2004, 21:32
I'll get this sorted tomorrow...I'm in PM contact.

scrotnig
08-07-2004, 21:37
PIN generation went a bit funny after the last upgrade to the billing systems. Then it started working again, but with a few days' delay. Now it seems to have stopped working altogether. A bit poor I'm afraid, and I'm really sorry that people are having to put up with this.:(

Anyway, I *can* usually work round this, which is probably just as well.

Tezcatlipoca
08-07-2004, 21:37
With any luck, one of the helpful NTL associates here will see your thread & sort out a PIN for you.

And so it came to pass..... :)

I'll get this sorted tomorrow...I'm in PM contact.

:tu:

Nice one, Mark. I'm sure NinjaBikeRider will appreciate it :)

scrotnig
08-07-2004, 21:41
Things may of changed, but I was assigned a PIN before the installation, an NTL guy called at the house with a Customer Service Agreement to sign - and he wrote the PIN on that. Then when the installation was done, I was able to get straight online, after completing the registration process.

So if you have a similar document, or welcome letter, it may be worth checking to see if a PIN is written on it?

- it was 2 years ago, though, so, as I say, things may have changed. ;)

<edit> sorry, didn't see Mick's post before I hit submit :D
That is exactly how it is *supposed* to be. The installer should have the PIN, AND the customer should get a welcome letter (not the welcome pack) with the PIN on it. The installer should write the PIN on the welcome pack so the customer has it to hand. For various reasons, it doesn't always happen just lately, not because the installers are lazy, but because the PINs are just not auto-generating in all cases. (They are in SOME cases though).

scrotnig
08-07-2004, 21:42
And so it came to pass..... :)

:tu:

Nice one, Mark. I'm sure NinjaBikeRider will appreciate it :)

Cheers.

It will be one of several that will be needed tomorrow I daresay.....I'm getting rather adept at it now.:D

Paul
08-07-2004, 22:47
I was never given a PIN, and I never needed to register. When my CM was fitted, the engineer phoned a number, gave them my MAC address and I was online minutes later. :D

scrotnig
09-07-2004, 00:13
I have two of these identical issues that I have picked up tonight alone so this problem is clearly still widespread:(

Both should be sorted tomorrow.

PS Mods or whoever can approve new members, there's a chap waiting for approval who I am assisting with a PIN, if you get chance could you do the honours? :D

Mick
09-07-2004, 00:22
I have two of these identical issues that I have picked up tonight alone so this problem is clearly still widespread:(

Both should be sorted tomorrow.

PS Mods or whoever can approve new members, there's a chap waiting for approval who I am assisting with a PIN, if you get chance could you do the honours? :D

Done Mark. :tu:

NinjaBikeRider
09-07-2004, 00:26
Yes, most definitely...I appreciate the help...Thanks guys

generationgav
12-07-2004, 11:22
I'm having the same problem.
I phoned NTL and they said "sorry, the PIN numbers aren't generating, someone will call you within 48 hours" - because customer services was shut, 72 hours later I rang back "sorry, we don't know whats happened, your PIN number isn't set, we will have to fill a form in and it will be another 48 hours" I'm about to phone up and play complete hell though.
Had NTL for a year with few problems; but right now I'm NOT a happy bunny!

generationgav
12-07-2004, 19:31
As a quick update, I phoned NTL today and played complete hell with them - in return a nice man set up (albiet slowly) my account manually and I'm now online.

lil_cub
20-07-2004, 11:10
DEJAVU...
:mad: I have had NTL BB installed this morning (9:30 - even though it was scheduled for 12-5:30, good job i took the day off work!!) I have not recieved a Welcome Pack or a PIN Number so effectively I have a redundant BB Modem on my desk. As with you guys I rang and was told 48 hours for the PIN to generate.
Rang back a short while later to see if they can set it up their end and a guy gave me a PIN but alas that didnt work. Rang a third time and the lady told me that the she doesnt know where the previous guy got that PIN from as it wouldnt work!!!:mad:

As you can guess Im not happy and this isnt a very good start!!!:mad:
Was wondering if any of you guys could help?

Marge
20-07-2004, 11:14
DEJAVU...
:mad: I have had NTL BB installed this morning (9:30 - even though it was scheduled for 12-5:30, good job i took the day off work!!) I have not recieved a Welcome Pack or a PIN Number so effectively I have a redundant BB Modem on my desk. As with you guys I rang and was told 48 hours for the PIN to generate.
Rang back a short while later to see if they can set it up their end and a guy gave me a PIN but alas that didnt work. Rang a third time and the lady told me that the she doesnt know where the previous guy got that PIN from as it wouldnt work!!!:mad:

As you can guess Im not happy and this isnt a very good start!!!:mad:
Was wondering if any of you guys could help?

Welcome to the site :welcome: PM me your details and I'll see if I can have a nosey about for a pin for you

Chris
20-07-2004, 11:21
Welcome to the site :welcome: PM me your details and I'll see if I can have a nosey about for a pin for you

I'm happy to confirm that Debs is a very nice person who works for NTL, so you're safe to give her your account details. :)

lil_cub
20-07-2004, 11:24
Cheers guys, I have PM'd you my details Debs... is that enough or do you need more?:D

Marge
20-07-2004, 11:31
Cheers guys, I have PM'd you my details Debs... is that enough or do you need more?:D

call me oliver twist, i always want more :D :D :D

thats all fine so i'll be in contact later :tu:

lil_cub
20-07-2004, 11:34
Cheers debs... I tried to PM you back with my mobile number as Its always with me but says your inbox is full... ill try again hehe

Marge
20-07-2004, 11:35
:blush: try again

lil_cub
20-07-2004, 11:36
sent... thanks a million:D

scrotnig
20-07-2004, 14:58
Looks like Debs beat me to this one!

lil_cub
20-07-2004, 16:06
Thanks a million Debs... sorry about my slow PC hehehe (if that was you talking me through it earlier) your a star:D

rcoombs1
26-07-2004, 16:42
Hi,

I have the exact same problem , my cabe modem was installed LAST TUESDAY and I still havent got a password or pin number. Ever since the install I have had to ring four to six times a day, they usually put it down to the sales support department and say they can only contact this dept via email. I am so frustrated A sales support manager was supposed to be dealing but still i have no success, can anyone help please!!!!

scrotnig
27-07-2004, 00:46
Hi,

I have the exact same problem , my cabe modem was installed LAST TUESDAY and I still havent got a password or pin number. Ever since the install I have had to ring four to six times a day, they usually put it down to the sales support department and say they can only contact this dept via email. I am so frustrated A sales support manager was supposed to be dealing but still i have no success, can anyone help please!!!!
PM me your details and I'll get you a PIN.

rcoombs1
28-07-2004, 07:58
I am now happy.

Debs you are the best! I cant say any more than that!

I wish I had found this site one week ago when my problems started!!!!!!!!!!!;)

SOSAGES
28-07-2004, 08:38
all i got when i joined ntl was a modem and an engineer who said when the lights come on it works - i have no password or pin number or anything