PDA

View Full Version : A Mugger at the AGE OF 8 !!!

Mick
28-07-2003, 13:41
What is the world turning into ?

A boy aged eight mugged two women pensioners in Wolverhampton, West Midlands. But because of the law, police are powerless to act, children under 10 cannot be prosecuted.

He shouted to one of the pensioners "Give us your f****** money". He also tried to wrestle another old lady to the floor.

What the nthell is going on with society in the UK ? The law is too soft and needs to change now, also a look at bringing back some form of corporal punishment in schools again is needed, there is too much of a softly softly approach in today's schools and at home IMHO.

It's because of this smacking ban on children, a good hiding or a clip round the ear, never did me any harm other than I learned my dam lesson. Respect for others seems to be overlooked these days by today's youngsters. :afire:

TigaSefi
28-07-2003, 13:48
It is indeed a bad state of affairs with no one able to do anything because everyone cancels each other other in terms of ability to do something about it therefore nothing get done. Society as a whole should be banned from having children for the next 20-30 years just so the kids these days can be sorted out.

timewarrior2001
28-07-2003, 13:56
I blame the parents too, they are too busy with their own lifes. most kids these days have either a single parent who cannot control them, or parents that both have demanding careers and rarely see them.
8 is a little young but had I seen him doing it, I would have belted the savage little runt. If he is big enough to pick on elderly people then he is big enough to be smacked back.....and yes I mean I would have punched him, not slapped the back of his hand.

I have always thought that bullies should be dealt in a similar manner, that if they physically assault a kid, then that child should....under supervision be allowed to beat seven shades out of the bully, with the bully humiliated in front of the school.

Mick
28-07-2003, 14:03
The thing is as soon as you hit any offender in an act of self defence, they become the victim. This country has been ruined by the 'do-gooders'. :rolleyes:

TigaSefi
28-07-2003, 14:11
Make sure u hit him or her in a dark alley in self defence and do it in a way that causes memory loss and do it from behind too. ;)

Ramrod
28-07-2003, 14:29
Don't get me started:afire:

dieselking
28-07-2003, 14:50
I agree. Kids these days seem to get away with anything & if u try to punish them in any way u probably get done for assualt, even if u give them a smack on the legs.

Nidge
28-07-2003, 14:54
Bring back the cain in schools that should do the trick, it did me no harm.

Mr_love_monkey
28-07-2003, 15:18
A lot of parent's these days seem to have a very different attitude to raising children than my parents ever did.

First of all, some seem to believe that giving kids whatever they want, be it money, toys, etc is the same as actually providing them a stable home life - I do prefectly understand that with kids it can be difficult to say 'no' when they want something, especially if you don't want your child to feel left out compared to all the other kids at school... - but giving like Johnny a twenty and letting him out of the door first thing in the morning so that he can go and amuse himself and keep out from under your feet all day, is not a good thing.

Secondly a lot parents aren't actually interested in discipling their children, they seem to feel that it should be someone elses job, for example the schools (but woe betide anyone at school who actually tries to make them do as they are told).
I never really got into any real trouble when I was growing up, either in or out of school - why? because I knew my parents would have killed me - I was afraid of them finding out if I did something wrong, so I never really did anything wrong. If i'd come home and said the teacher clouted me, they'd ask why, and I'd said because I was doing 'x' when I shouldn't have, I'd have got another clout.

Thirdly, I think in a lot of homes now, there's no one at home when kids come back from school - and yes, I understand that these days it's very difficult for one parent to be at home, since the cost of everything is so much that really you do need 2 incomes to have a reasonable standard of life - but once again having a stable home life, and having someone at home when you get back, and having someone at home that expects you back by a certain time, stops you from finding trouble to get into.

I look back at my childhood and can think of very few times when I was growing up that there wasn't someone at home waiting for me after school?

kronas
28-07-2003, 15:27
i agree with the fact that parents seem to take a back seat role in there kids lives mostly relieing on schooling but the fact is kids get in to trouble all the time due to the people they are freinds with the influences in there lives they are too stupid to realise that because they are young

young offenders should be put in to institutions regardless of age to try and stop a future where criminals run riot and are on the increase

Ramrod
28-07-2003, 15:35
Originally posted by Nidge
Bring back the cain in schools that should do the trick, it did me no harm. You want to watch that kind of language m8, it's a red flag to a bull as far as liberal do-gooders are concerned:D

TigaSefi
28-07-2003, 15:36
I always had a mum or dad in my house when I came home from school and they both worked. it can be done. I'll put my son in front of me own needs if neccessary. Money ain't everything but a good life is.

Russ
28-07-2003, 16:10
So what/who on earth put the idea in to the kid's mind that he could get away with doing something like that???

kronas
28-07-2003, 16:12
Originally posted by Russ D
So what/who on earth put the idea in to the kid's mind that he could get away with doing something like that???

as i said in my earlier post its other people namely freinds who influence others to do these acts that are totally wrong

timewarrior2001
28-07-2003, 16:18
Originally posted by Russ D

The fact the little scrote probably has never had a good hiding in his life.
Well bring him here, I'll sort the little git out, and I'll make sure he is not only terrified of th elaw that he is also only bruised with no broken bones......oh stuff it, he'll get what the old dears got from him.