PDA

View Full Version : WS15 (Rugeley) Down

BizBo
07-07-2004, 13:03
Hi,

at approx 1030 last night my broadband connection just 'stopped' no warning just offline, did the usual reboot the various devices and sat watching the modem, it was clear the modem was attempting connection, after waiting a little longer I went to bed.

Morning came and still offline, so once I got to work and utilised the work 'BT' connection I got the CM support number to find that the loss of service was due to maintenance, hmm here is my beef...

1. Why was there no notification of the 'maintenance'
2. If it was maintenance (which I doubt) how come it went off at 1030.

and to top it all off the status page mentions nothing about the problem or the maintenance. It really sux!
:mad:

Ah well...

BizBo

poolking
07-07-2004, 13:25
Have you ever thought that it might be emergency maintenance?

BizBo
07-07-2004, 16:07
Have you ever thought that it might be emergency maintenance?

and whats wrong with an anouncement to say that? Nothing!

toytown
07-07-2004, 17:24
Bizbo

I live in the Rugeley area and like you will be serviced by the lichfield UBR's. I had no connection issues last night and my modem was connected all the time throughtout the morning. My friend and my brothers who are also using the CM service also had no problems with there lines.

If it was 'Really' maintenance how come it didnt affect us

Ignition
07-07-2004, 20:05
There was no maintenance done at 10:30pm last night, maintenance bar emergency maintenance (for which there'd be a message on the service status detailing the fault the maintenance is supposed to fix!) is done between 1 and 6am where there may be an impact to customer services.

BizBo
08-07-2004, 09:22
Well the plot thickens, after ringing cable modem support the was an announcement stating that the WS15 area was under going maintenance. Last night 11pm modem dancing through its routine of negotiation.

This morning the modem was still flashing...ringin the support now...hmm nothing in the WS15 area...

Local cm fault I wonder....Will speak to an advisor now!

BizBo

AdeRickus
08-07-2004, 10:06
Hi Biz ;)

I am in the Handsacre Area, my BB has been going down this morning but last night was fine,

Although strange and not reported at least you know they arent just messing you about

AdeRickus
08-07-2004, 10:41
An error was logged on the WS15 area at 9.30 this morning, engineers are working to try and resolve the issue,

Help desk were actually quite bewildered to why I could still get a connection at all ( although intermittent ), but they wouldnââ‚Ã⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t be NTL if they knew what was going on :p: