PDA

View Full Version : Random Loss Of Service

IanGuy
03-07-2004, 17:05
About 3pm today during a game of CoD online i got connection interrupted, looked at my cable modem and the sync light had gone off, went down stairs, and as I suspected the tv was reporting no channels available and I had a black screen. Phoned CS and the usual unplug plug back in **** which did nothing, when it tried reconnecting though both Sync and RDY were off.
He said nothing had been reported in the area and now at about 3:55pm all is back on and fine as though nothing happened.

Now I have to phone CS and cancel the engineer, pain in the ass.
I live in the Danescourt, Cardiff area if anyone wants to check out if any work has been carried out recently.

paulyoung666
03-07-2004, 17:47
maybe it is just one of those things , if it happens again or keeps on happening then ring them up and ask what they are going to do about it :)

Mauldor
03-07-2004, 17:52
Similar to my post then - i rang up and they say it must be my pc problem as the lights stayed on..

IanGuy
03-07-2004, 18:14
My lights didn't stay on, both Sync and RDY were off, it must have been something in the area that they did, as my m8 also had the same problems. Definately their end.

IanGuy
03-07-2004, 21:38
Hmmm, since the service has come back on, the Digital TV has started freezing and breaking up as I previously had quite some time ago, do you think it will get back to normal soon?

Why is this? Can't NTL just keep things as they are without causing disruptions to the digital tv service... i've had so many problems with it and now the freezing has started again... i'm not happy and i'm going to keep broadband and dump NTL Digital for SKY+, maybe i'll stay if they actually offer to get things sorted out and I want a refund of a whole month's DTV, this is getting to be a pain in the backside to be honest.

If there's anyone in CS who's reading this then can you please contact me via PM if it is possible to make sure a 'good' engineer calls on monday, I have a little video cassette recording of the freezing picture, so I do have evidence of NTL not providing service up to standard, could you also advise me of whether I can have a refund of a month or not, you can check my logs of CS complaints if you like... i'm sure you'll find many regarding freezing pictures.

BTW, I do have an engineer booked for monday but I wish for it to be an experienced one.

arcamalpha2004
03-07-2004, 21:56
Hmmm, since the service has come back on, the Digital TV has started freezing and breaking up as I previously had quite some time ago, do you think it will get back to normal soon?

Why is this? Can't NTL just keep things as they are without causing disruptions to the digital tv service... i've had so many problems with it and now the freezing has started again... i'm not happy and i'm going to keep broadband and dump NTL Digital for SKY+, maybe i'll stay if they actually offer to get things sorted out and I want a refund of a whole month's DTV, this is getting to be a pain in the backside to be honest.

If there's anyone in CS who's reading this then can you please contact me via PM if it is possible to make sure a 'good' engineer calls on monday, I have a little video cassette recording of the freezing picture, so I do have evidence of NTL not providing service up to standard, could you also advise me of whether I can have a refund of a month or not, you can check my logs of CS complaints if you like... i'm sure you'll find many regarding freezing pictures.

BTW, I do have an engineer booked for monday but I wish for it to be an experienced one.

It may help if you have a good 4 hour tape on long play. ;)

IanGuy
03-07-2004, 23:24
LOL! You're not serious right? thought not lol

It's a good 5 minutes of tape to show the freezing. TBH i'm not going to waste my tape just to prove something to NTL.

Am I elligible for some sort of compensation? I don't care what it is, whether it be a free month of any product, or an upgrade of broadband etc. I just feel I've had so many problems that NTL should do something in my favor for once, after all I have had to stay in all day about 20 times (no exaggeration) to await an engineer, and now it has gone wrong again.

I seriously will cancel NTL DTV and move to sky if the engineer doesn't fix the problem permanently and I am given some compensation.

Rough.D
04-07-2004, 01:19
This all sounds so familliar
here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?p=248590#post248590)

only I do not have digy

IanGuy
04-07-2004, 01:36
I don't think so, my modem connection is fine usually all the time, i genuinely think it was a problem with the area as a m8 had the same problems and it has now been resolved. Just now I have this freezing of picture and it's annoying.

MaGma
05-07-2004, 00:21
Ive been having the same probs for about 2 weeks now,ready and sync going off at least 3 times a day.I didnt ring em up cos its usually back on not long after its gone off but its well annoying when ya trying to play.

shibby
05-07-2004, 00:25
well i've been having something sorta of like it the BB just stop but the box light stays on, so i unplug it then plug it back in. then all works fine. hopefully it's just an area problem

IanGuy
05-07-2004, 19:10
Well since it's happened it's been back to normal - it just annoys me that's all, especially because I had no tv too...