PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy a cheap GC?

Tristan
27-07-2003, 17:50
I've just spent this weekend playing on a friend's Gamecube. I was very impressed with the likes of Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil Zero (less impressed by 3 though - it looked like my old PS version), and of course Zelda.

He bought his GC a few months ago from Argos. He payed £80, and got Eternal Darkness and an official memory card for free. Unfortunately, I've just been to argos.co.uk and they don't seem to be selling the Gamecube any more.

So does anybody else know where I could pick up such a good deal? There's no way in hell I'm paying Game £129 for one.

Thanks,

Tristan

Tricky
27-07-2003, 17:54
EBAY?

Defiant
27-07-2003, 18:24
Any second hand shop will not doubt have them lol

ic14
27-07-2003, 18:38
I swear i saw them for £99 somewhere...
I post back when ive found where,

Very funny defiant....

Here you go not as cheap as i remember though but you can get one with zelda for £125 from amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=video-games-uk&field-keywords=gamecube%20console&bq=1/ref=sr_aps_all/202-7786498-3287827

Theres a link!

TigaSefi
27-07-2003, 21:09
www.play.com sells them for quite a cheap price, before it was sub £100. Don't forget to check them.

Jarandco
28-07-2003, 10:06
Try gamestation! www.gamestation.co.uk if you have a shop near you check here - http://www.gsserver.co.uk/site/store_locator/map/

Then you should be able to pick a second hand cube and a free game mario sunshine i believe for about £80! They also sometimes sell them online but its best if you go to the store more choice and they generally have some - theri games are also generally cheaper! Very Useful store!

Tristan
28-07-2003, 22:06
Thanks all.

As I mentioned above, Argos are no longer selling the Gamecube. I haven't checked Dixons, but Currys are still selling their remaining stocks for £129 -- and that doesn't even include Zelda.

All in all there don't seem to be any cheap deals that my friend took advantage of a couple of months ago, which it a great shame. I can't for the life of me understand why the price would go back up though (play.com were doing them for £80, now back to a rip-off £129).

Well, thanks anyway, I'll just have to stick with my PS2 :(

TigaSefi
28-07-2003, 23:29
Hmmm It is strange but I'll let you know if anyone doing it on the cheap.

EDIT: www.gamesdepot.co.uk doing each color for £105 and free P&P.

Jarandco
29-07-2003, 19:50
Originally posted by Tristan
Thanks all.

As I mentioned above, Argos are no longer selling the Gamecube. I haven't checked Dixons, but Currys are still selling their remaining stocks for £129 -- and that doesn't even include Zelda.

All in all there don't seem to be any cheap deals that my friend took advantage of a couple of months ago, which it a great shame. I can't for the life of me understand why the price would go back up though (play.com were doing them for £80, now back to a rip-off £129).

Well, thanks anyway, I'll just have to stick with my PS2 :(

gamestation is the best palce or even computer exchange stores if you have any of them near you check them out you can get a second hand one in perfect condition for £80! www.cex.co.uk or www.gamestation.co.uk

TigaSefi
15-08-2003, 13:38
The local Virgin express shop near where I work selling Gamecube for £99.99 from £129.99 bargain. Oh btw PS2 and Truck Box are on sale too before u death mongers come on here :p

Jarandco
15-08-2003, 17:38
Originally posted by TigaSefi
The local Virgin express shop near where I work selling Gamecube for £99.99 from £129.99 bargain. Oh btw PS2 and Truck Box are on sale too before u death mongers come on here :p

as ive said b4 plis only dis the xbox whilst in the xbox forum no-one can defend it in here!:D I like xbox and cube so i am neutral!