PDA

View Full Version : is your name on the list

willie
27-07-2003, 13:35
well have a look too see if your name is there and this is only the first round too.....
http://www.techtv.com/news/culture/story/0,24195,3484600,00.html

Steve H
27-07-2003, 13:46
Meh, They dont have any authority over in the UK at the moment anyway.. Apart from sending threatining letters to ISP's. More Big Footed Americans :D

Motto Here is, Dont bother using Kazza;)

Lord Nikon
27-07-2003, 14:08
Especially since the current k-lite does the following

a ) blocks the RIAA IP addresses
b ) prevents people obtaining file lists from you, but does not prevent searches for specific files.
c ) closes the port usually used to indicate the presence of p2p software
d ) has no spyware

heh

Steve H
27-07-2003, 14:57
Especially since the RIAA are specifically targetting Kazza Users ;)

Richard M
27-07-2003, 15:01
# Tyler@Kazaa
# Unit984@Kazaa
# Westly_NoGood@Kazaa
# www.k_lite.tk_Kazaa_Lite@Kazaa

:rofl:

Idiots. :rolleyes:

Lord Nikon
27-07-2003, 15:24
yup... "Lets target a default username" lol

Dupre
27-07-2003, 17:56
I hate to be a party pooper on the "we cant get bum k'd by the RIAA" but we can :( they can still do mean things to you and i from the states, they just pass your details over to scotland yard, who then can choose to prosectute you for copywrite infringments, thats part of my job, to track people who "hack" and deface websites, for the police... odd how most of my workmates download gigs of illegal stuff a day :) not i ofcourse ;-)

anyway, the IP blocking systems dont work, the RIAA work on a huge range or dynamic IPs, using provided access from companies you wouldnt expect to see, most artist recording sites have granted access too, so you could see snoop.metalica.com in your list if they get that bored.

Tricky
27-07-2003, 18:03
If the list is public does this mean it's easier to find someone sharing out files (never used Kazza so excuse ignorance!)

Stuart
27-07-2003, 18:04
Originally posted by Lord Nikon
yup... "Lets target a default username" lol

No, but they can monitor the IP the default username is on..

Dupre
27-07-2003, 19:15
Originally posted by Tricky
If the list is public does this mean it's easier to find someone sharing out files (never used Kazza so excuse ignorance!)

You mean like providing a list of drug dealers in your area? thats actually pretty funny.