PDA

View Full Version : New Ink

Earl of Bronze
29-06-2004, 20:04
I have, for the last couple of monts been thinkin of getting a new tattoo. Seeing as the Inland Revenue have decided to give me back some money :D , hopefully quite soon. I'm gonna have a look at the price of my choice of new ink, and which artist to intrust this art to.

I've decided to have a Celtic Love Knot on the inside of my left forearm, with Maureen's full name centered above, and her DOB and DOD centered below.

The attached piccy is a Celtic Love Knot, to give you an idea of what it looks like.

homealone
29-06-2004, 20:22
That's a good way to perpetuate her memory, not that you would ever forget, but the permanancy of the tattoo is making that statement, I feel - nice one EoB :tu:

Chimaera
29-06-2004, 20:25
Yes - it's a lovely design EoB - I go to calligraphy classes and we have been doing Celtic designs - they are very intricate and that one you have is particularly nice. What a lovely memorial to a lovely lady.

paulyoung666
29-06-2004, 20:31
nice one , i reckon something that intricate , depending on size is going to cost at £100 , well worth it imho :tu: :)

Earl of Bronze
29-06-2004, 20:43
Thank's homealone, Chimaera and paulyoung666.

I'll prolly go for a tattoo 50 or 60 mmm in diameter, but as to 'outline' or a 'solid' design, I have'nt decided yet.

Bifta
29-06-2004, 21:24
I have, for the last couple of monts been thinkin of getting a new tattoo. Seeing as the Inland Revenue have decided to give me back some money :D , hopefully quite soon. I'm gonna have a look at the price of my choice of new ink, and which artist to intrust this art to.

I've decided to have a Celtic Love Knot on the inside of my left forearm, with Maureen's full name centered above, and her DOB and DOD centered below.

The attached piccy is a Celtic Love Knot, to give you an idea of what it looks like.

Good choice, I have a similar design on the top of my right arm (without the dates)

Paul
29-06-2004, 21:30
Well it's your choice I suppose but I have never understood why people want tatoo's - I think they are a complete waste of money. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear but that's my view on them.

Steve H
29-06-2004, 21:30
Im not much for tattoo's... Would you still want it when your old and your skins not what it used to be? :confused:

Anyway, the design is quite nice if you decide to go with it :)

Earl of Bronze
29-06-2004, 21:38
Well it's your choice I suppose but I have never understood why people want tatoo's - I think they are a complete waste of money. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear but that's my view on them.

No worries Pem, ink is'nt you're thing and I can respect that. Please, speak you're mind. While I'll not listen ;) I will read you're post.

Earl of Bronze
29-06-2004, 21:40
Good choice, I have a similar design on the top of my right arm (without the dates)

Well Maureen's family are of Irish origin, and she had talked about getting this as a tattoo. So I think it's a fitting symbol of how I feel.

skyblueheroes
29-06-2004, 21:41
I always wanted one. I think one or maybe two is cool. Anymore and its not good - take note Mr Beckham.

While I don't know the background, your idea is lovely and touching. A lovely tribute.

Neil
29-06-2004, 21:41
No worries Pem, ink is'nt you're thing and I can respect that. Please, speak you're mind. While I'll not listen ;) I will read you're post.

Pardon!? :D

Marge
29-06-2004, 21:42
Really nice design, hope you like it and something to remind you of Maureen in a way that is personal to you

I want another one on my back but not found what I want yet. They are like Jaffa Cakes I think, one is never enough :D :D :D

tick
29-06-2004, 21:43
Have you tattoo's already
If so does it hurt

Marge
29-06-2004, 21:44
If so does it hurt

I would say no but then a mans perspective may be different :erm:

Earl of Bronze
29-06-2004, 21:45
Really nice design, hope you like it and something to remind you of Maureen in a way that is personal to you

I want another one on my back but not found what I want yet. They are like Jaffa Cakes I think, one is never enough :D :D :D

So what have you got Debsy, and where???? :naughty:

Marge
29-06-2004, 21:50
So what have you got Debsy, and where???? :naughty:

I have the chinese symbol for fire at the top of my arm, chinese symbol for monkey at the bottom of my back (cos I'm a cheeky monkey) and a Red Devil (for my boys) somewhere else :blush:

Chimaera
29-06-2004, 21:53
I have the chinese symbol for fire at the top of my arm, chinese symbol for monkey at the bottom of my back (cos I'm a cheeky monkey) and a Red Devil (for my boys) somewhere else :blush:
:rofl:
My daughter has a butterfly outline just above her hip - I must admit I wasn't keen on her getting one but have got used to it now. It's not that big either.
And no I won't be joining her for one!
She did say it stung a bit - but she's now saying she wouldn't mind another one! :Yikes:

Earl of Bronze
29-06-2004, 21:54
What is it about women with ink at the base of their spine that makes most men :naughty: :drool: :batty:

dilli-theclaw
29-06-2004, 22:30
I want one (A star trek communicator logo - on my arm) but I keep getting told as I'm diabetic it's too dangerous....

I think I may go and lie one of these days to get one....

paulyoung666
29-06-2004, 22:32
If so does it hurt

not a lot different to a sharp scratch tbh , if you get one make sure you get some pile cream to rub in ( lasonil ) , it keeps it nice and stops it scabbing over ;) :):):):):)

Marge
29-06-2004, 22:46
it keeps it nice and stops it scabbing over ;) :):):):):)

I've always used Vaseline on mine :D :D

Bifta
29-06-2004, 22:46
Yeah and don't have a bath as soon as you get home :(

Earl of Bronze
29-06-2004, 22:55
And use a neutral ph soap when you wash.

dilli-theclaw
30-06-2004, 00:23
I would say no but then a mans perspective may be different :erm:
I have a personal objection to ANY pain :D As in I can't stand it....

Earl of Bronze
30-06-2004, 00:34
I have a personal objection to ANY pain :D As in I can't stand it....

You'd be surprised how much physical pain you can get used to.

Edit - just reread this post and it looks well dodgy :erm:

carlingman
30-06-2004, 00:56

I guess people have lots of reasons for getting tats done.

In the original posters view it is an everlasting tribute.

In my case it was a moment of madness in my youth.

My original tattoo cost nothing in comparison to the cost over nearly 2 grands worth of laser treatment getting it removed so I could show my arm in public without looking like a thug.

:)

Andy E
14-07-2004, 09:24
wouldnt have one about me. :D ... remember a tattoo is for life not just for christmas