PDA

View Full Version : Love and feelings

Halcyon
28-06-2004, 23:35
Hi everyone,

Well it seems I'm going to start my first ever topic that is quite erm, how do I put it, strange to write, yet also interesting to see what people will think.
Anyway one question is, do you have a song or anything that just brings back loads of memories.
I'm listening to a piece of music right now and all I can think of is this girl that I really like and cant get out of my head as this piece of music just brings back so many memories and I just cant stop thinking about her.

Its strange, but these kind of feelings can make you go insane.
The feeling of love and the thoughts of your life and being with someone that you cant stop thinking of.

So I guess there really is a million questions in my topic tonight, but mostly, what do you think of this whole ball game of love and feeelings ?

Do you trust your feelings ? Do you just know when you have found the one person that makes your dreams come true.

It is just so confusing.
Right I guess I'l leave you all to discuss this now, as my mind is messed up enough right now.

Russ
28-06-2004, 23:39
Song - Escaping by Enrique Iglasias, My Sacrifice by Creed.

I try not to act on feelings anymore. That's too unpredictable, I just try to base my judgements on what would glorify my God and it's not let me down yet.

Might not be what you were hoping for though.....

kronas
28-06-2004, 23:45
the only thing that will trigger an emotion for me is seeing someone who i fancy, saying that its true for anyone, but one particular person brings out something of a special response, some kind of link :shrug:

homealone
28-06-2004, 23:53
'Samba pa ti' by Santana is guaranteed to make the hairs on the back of my neck feel 'pr1ckly' :)

Halcyon
29-06-2004, 00:01
The mind is so powerful though.
Its like whenever you hear a certain song everything just flashes by you.

I guess what I was wondering was if people are in the same boat. I cant just go and tell someone I like them as that never works for me. Well its always messed up in the past. And now I am just thinking how beautiful she is.
I may seem a bit strange in my replies as I dont normally talk about this kind of stuff. Its just that I have a lot going round in my mind right now.

I guess I'm catching up with her in 2 weeks time at a party so that should be fun. Its just hard to say things sometime.

Bex
29-06-2004, 00:11

I guess what I was wondering was if people are in the same boat. I cant just go and tell someone I like them as that never works for me. Well its always messed up in the past. And now I am just thinking how beautiful she is.
I may seem a bit strange in my replies as I dont normally talk about this kind of stuff. Its just that I have a lot going round in my mind right now.

I guess I'm catching up with her in 2 weeks time at a party so that should be fun. Its just hard to say things sometime.
maybe dont go into a whole discussion on what you feel about her, but ask her out so it's just the two of you.

for me even certain smells make me think of my boyfriend... like someone walking past wearing the same aftershave..... or just normal nature smells when im out. several songs make me think of him as well.

you asked earlier how you know they are the one. i think you just know. you cant imagine a future without them in your life, or going even a day with out talking to them. it;s late and im getting soppy now:)

homealone
29-06-2004, 00:16

nothing wrong with telling some-one you like them, i reckon :)

- it just doesn't have to be the first thing you say, though, "hi, nice to see you", comes first, maybe, or something like ;)

Bex
29-06-2004, 00:16

- it just doesn't have to be the first thing you say, though, "hi, nice to see you", comes first, maybe, or something like ;)
but dont go into a detailed expression either, she will run a mile

kronas
29-06-2004, 00:18

easier said than done, simaller situation to me, see the person, be around the person, yet feel a surge of energy inside you, almost like an enticing array of excitment exploding, wanting to say......i like you :)

Bifta
29-06-2004, 00:19
Song to the Siren by This Mortal Coil brings back a lot of memories, as does Martha's Harbour - All About Eve.

Earl of Bronze
29-06-2004, 00:29
I was playing the Foo Fighters , The Colour and the Shape album Friday night last week. I dont know which song was playin at the time, but the lyrics brought back all the memories of Maureen. While 99% of those memories are happy one, it just crushes me that I'll never get to sit with her, hold her hand, talkto her. All the things we take for granted because they person we want to be with is with us. All the plan's, dreams, and hope of going to Canada, meeting her folk's and asking permission to marry Maureen.......... gone.

Take a peice of advice from someone who's loved and lost.............

Talk to the girl, put aside all the bull$h1t, all the ego and the fancy patter, and talk to the girl. If she's 'THE ONE' you will both know. Maureen tod me she knew I was the one the first time she met me, it took me 4 more days to realise Maureen was 'special'.

Anyway, enough of my cr@p. I'm goin out for a smoke and a cry, cause I'm drippin snot on my keyboard.

Bex
29-06-2004, 00:32
:hugs: earl...............

Earl of Bronze
29-06-2004, 00:59
:hugs: earl...............

Thanks Bex.

Looks like I killed you're thread Halcyon, sorry mate.

Bex
29-06-2004, 01:03
Thanks Bex.

np. i think your advice is sound though. life is fragile and theres no point hanging around and waiting for things to be perfect, it could never happen and then you would have no memories at all

homealone
29-06-2004, 01:10
Thanks Bex.

no - we will not allow you expressing your feelings about her, to be tumbleweed - the dignity you have shown defines you - I am just concerned you feel you need to take up your planned employment, given that your body is already damaged? :erm:

Buxom_woman
29-06-2004, 01:13
This one brings out sad feelings.
The theme to 'Titanic'. That's the song we played at my son's funeral. Can't listen to that any more.

Earl of Bronze
29-06-2004, 01:26
no - we will not allow you expressing your feelings about her, to be tumbleweed - the dignity you have shown defines you - I am just concerned you feel you need to take up your planned employment, given that your body is already damaged? :erm:

Thank-you homealone for you're kind words and concern.

My reason's for my next job are myrid, but while my body is healing (all-be-it with lumps), I feel that the events of this year have left me more damaged in spirit than anything else. The job in Iraq is'nt just for the money, but also rediscovering the person I was, and hopefully getting back my shettered self confidence. I could say more, but this thread is about love, and I still love Maureen as much now as I did on the day of the accident.

Charlie_Bubble
29-06-2004, 01:56
I have several songs that remind me of different women from the past. Also some different perfumes that remind me of a couple of them too. Whatever you do, don't rush things. I found someone who I still think of now and know that I should have been more patient. She was just coming out of a divorce and I didn't really understand how she felt and the space she wanted. I pushed it and when she wouldn't move as fast as I wanted, I ended it. Stupid, I'll regret it until the day I shuffle off this mortal coil. I've had 2 serious relationships since then, but neither have been as good and ended after a year or two. Ah well.

Halcyon
29-06-2004, 23:48
Thanks for all your replies. Memories of good times do certainly bring back some good feelings of happiness, and maybe sadness too.
But its hanging onto these good memories and feelings that I find most important.

I'm just going to be a good friend and see how each day goes. I know I'l like this girl all my life, but I'm prepared to be happy whatever happens.

However as most of us have discovered, its impossible to just turn off certain feelings as they are with you forever, and you will have feelings for that person forever. Thats how I feel right now, that I will always think highly of her as she is the most beautiful and kind person I've ever met.

Sorry for my ranting on and on. But yeah thats my 2 cents.

luftys
01-07-2004, 12:56
Thanks for all your replies. Memories of good times do certainly bring back some good feelings of happiness, and maybe sadness too.
But its hanging onto these good memories and feelings that I find most important.

I'm just going to be a good friend and see how each day goes. I know I'l like this girl all my life, but I'm prepared to be happy whatever happens.

However as most of us have discovered, its impossible to just turn off certain feelings as they are with you forever, and you will have feelings for that person forever. Thats how I feel right now, that I will always think highly of her as she is the most beautiful and kind person I've ever met.

Sorry for my ranting on and on. But yeah thats my 2 cents.
well good luck to you
even at my age it still the same :Yikes: when someone new comes into your life
Be yourself and be honest,then have Fun Fun Fun

Chris W
01-07-2004, 13:01
Go for it. Love always hurts; whether it be because you get rejected or end up splitting up, or just the arguments while you are together that cause pain, love always hurts.

Saying that, if you don't take a chance then you will probably regret it afterwards. You don't have anything to lose.

Ramrod
01-07-2004, 13:15
Wicked game by Chris Isaak is 'our' song.......I know it's cheesy but you don't choose these things. :D

gary_580
01-07-2004, 13:29
i have songs all through my life that are attached to times in my life. Hearing these songs bring back memories. Its funny really when i reading this thread i heard Cyndi Lauper on the radio, Time after Time and i know this may be weird but it reminds me of picking roses in a field somewhere in Lincolnshire as this was something i did for a few weeks in the summer of 84 i think and this was constantly on the radio.

In terms of approaching someone Halcyon. I've never understood how people can approach someone theye never spoken too and say they have feelings. Surely the first step is to speak, if there are real feelings IMHO you dont have to tell someone, they will know, its called building a relationship.

Im met my wife and the first few times i met her it was with friends, then we did the "lets go to the coast" thing on a sunday and then kept seeing each other at the weekends and on the odd day in the week. In terms or a loving relationship i'd say it was about 6 months before we moved to that point. But hey im not saying this works for everyone but 15 years later were still together and been married 6 years. All i'd say is "Theres no rush"

Chris
01-07-2004, 13:42
i have songs all through my life that are attached to times in my life. Hearing these songs bring back memories. Its funny really when i reading this thread i heard Cyndi Lauper on the radio, Time after Time and i know this may be weird but it reminds me of picking roses in a field somewhere in Lincolnshire as this was something i did for a few weeks in the summer of 84 i think and this was constantly on the radio.

In terms of approaching someone Halcyon. I've never understood how people can approach someone theye never spoken too and say they have feelings. Surely the first step is to speak, if there are real feelings IMHO you dont have to tell someone, they will know, its called building a relationship.

Im met my wife and the first few times i met her it was with friends, then we did the "lets go to the coast" thing on a sunday and then kept seeing each other at the weekends and on the odd day in the week. In terms or a loving relationship i'd say it was about 6 months before we moved to that point. But hey im not saying this works for everyone but 15 years later were still together and been married 6 years. All i'd say is "Theres no rush"
:tu: Completely agree on all points! Lots of songs mean lots of things to me. While me and mrs towny were 'going out' (a bit of a poor description as I was living in Wirral and she was in Glasgow) she used to make me compilation tapes from her extensive CD collection that I would play in my car. At the time they were a very nice link to her, and spoke volumes as she always chose songs with lyrics in order to send me a message. But I find it painful to hear some of those songs on the radio now, because now we're married and together all the time, they just remind me of a time when we would only see each other for one weekend every 2 or 3 months!

As for taking your time, I couldn't agree more. Mostly our relationship developed by letter, as we used to write to each other a couple of times a week but only saw each other rarely. I think we got a very good foundation in our relationship as a result. If a 'relationship' is based on anything so superficial as physical attraction, then what happens when that person gets old and wrinkly, or, perish the thought, suffers a disfigurement for some reason?

gary_580
01-07-2004, 13:58
As for taking your time, I couldn't agree more. Mostly our relationship developed by letter, as we used to write to each other a couple of times a week but only saw each other rarely. I think we got a very good foundation in our relationship as a result. If a 'relationship' is based on anything so superficial as physical attraction, then what happens when that person gets old and wrinkly, or, perish the thought, suffers a disfigurement for some reason?

I forgot about letters too, when the wifety was atr college we used to see each other at the weekends only, but still wrote once a week and clled twice a week. As you say, build a good foundation and the relationship will be stong and wont topple over.

One thing i find funny is people talk about trust and there other halves and a lot of people dont trust there other half. Having gone through the relationship build we went through, we dont even think about trust, its a forgone conclusion that its 100% there and thats important for a relationship to be stable.

Earl of Bronze
01-07-2004, 14:53
they just remind me of a time when we would only see each other for one weekend every 2 or 3 months!

My relationship with Maureen started in a similar fashon. We had six day's together in Toronto last September. Another 6 days together last December, and seven days together in feburary before tha accident. In between those days we emailed every day, then added in MSN chat sessions, and finally talking on the phone four or five times a week. Those nineteen days together now have to last me for whatever time I have left, but I would'nt change having met and loved Maureen.

Halcyon
01-07-2004, 16:15
That really is some great advice there and it is interesting to read how you all got to know people before relationships formed.
May those happy memories stay with you forever.