PDA

View Full Version : My Tune, what d'ya think?

LooeyUK
26-07-2003, 17:55
I got a copy of SONAR and Dance Ejay 5 and decided to do a remix of a song so I tried to find an acapella of a song but only had Samantha Mumba - Gotta Tell You and a Liberty X song so I decided to do Samantha Mumba

Right click, Save As or just stream if it you wish

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lewis.brend/downloads/samanthamumbaremixbyme.mp3

Tell me what you think.

Steve H
26-07-2003, 18:08
Pretty decent, Prefer it once the singing comes in :)

Big Download Though, But seeing as its dance then its probably ok :p

paulyoung666
26-07-2003, 18:20
i streamed it , not really my thing , i much prefer rock / metal , but , its not bad at all :)

LooeyUK
26-07-2003, 18:23
Cheers.! :)

marcsparks2002
26-07-2003, 18:34
Sweet ,nice one matey:)

handyman
26-07-2003, 19:01
Very good looeyb, if your short on accapellas try just searching kazza, theres loads. Defected records also release accapella compilations i got then on vinyl but i'm sure they will do cd also.

Well done :)

Steve H
26-07-2003, 23:37
Originally posted by Shabba
Just needs the first 30 seconds sorting out (It has no "hook" - factor)

Thats what I was on about.. Kinda Bored me until the singing kicked in .. But then it was decent :smokin:

Stuart W
26-07-2003, 23:40
Sorry to be a pain but.....

copyright?

Before you start flaming me, I felt I should mention the word as you have made this material available from what looks like your own ntl webspace.

If someone decided to make life hard for you, they could very easily report you to FACT.

Having said that, I had a listen and thought it was realy quite good, once the singing kicked in.

Stuart W
27-07-2003, 00:00
It doesn't need to be for sale, just made available to the public without permission of the copyright owner.

I dare say no-one will do a thing about it, but I felt I should warn. :angel:

Stuart W
27-07-2003, 00:21
He (or the entity he is working for) would have paid for the rights albeit limited rights.

Same for any DJ that mixes in a public set.

You also need a performers lisence, but that would not apply for internet downloads as there is no performance as such.

Having said that, it may not cost a penny. All you need is permision. If you send the mix off to the apropriate company or manager of the singer, they can hear it and decide what to do. If you explain that it is for a very limited audience and if it was ever made saleable there would be royalties to the company / manager, I rekon they would be fine about it.

dingosar
27-07-2003, 00:59
sorry about this chaps but i have to vote ...Pass ...on this one
but whatever lights your fire :erm: :erm:

dieselking
27-07-2003, 14:17
It good. I like rock music so it's not the sort of music I would listen to but I'm sure it would get played in clubs.:)

jay.dee
02-08-2003, 04:04
I play in clubs and bars and I would play it out - well done!

dieselking
03-08-2003, 01:26
Jay Dee Where did u get your sig, it's brilliant:)