PDA

View Full Version : Check your lights!

zoombini
28-06-2004, 14:24
Why is it that every time I go out in the car I always end up behind someone who's tail lights are faulty?

It is very reare these days to be behind someone who actually has 2 stop lights working.

Despite it being a legal requirement, it seems that no-one ever bothers to check thier lights to see if they are working.
If there was to be an accident & you were found to have faulty lights then I'm sure that there will be all sorts of legal consiquences.

So come on folks, check your car tail lights, It cannot just be Burnley where 1/2 of them do not work (Cardiff was just the same).

Chris
28-06-2004, 14:40
lol my favourites are all the old Ford cars whose entire lighting cluster pulses when they try to use the indicator.

Russ
28-06-2004, 14:41
What about those 'odd' folk who ensure their main beams and foglights are on irregardless of day or night or weather conditions???

gary_580
28-06-2004, 14:51
lol my favourites are all the old Ford cars whose entire lighting cluster pulses when they try to use the indicator.

Thats called "Water in the light cluster"

Russ
28-06-2004, 14:55
Well you know what FORD stands for... ;)

orangebird
28-06-2004, 15:17
Anyone have any suggestions how to check your lights by yourself?

Nemesis
28-06-2004, 15:19
turn on lights .... get out of car, take a look :D

homealone
28-06-2004, 15:21
Anyone have any suggestions how to check your lights by yourself?

you could try parking in front of a large window & look at the reflection in your mirror :)

orangebird
28-06-2004, 15:22
turn on lights .... get out of car, take a look :D

Brake lights, not so easy - neither is finding a large window to park in front of....

Mike
28-06-2004, 15:23
What about those 'odd' folk who ensure their main beams and foglights are on irregardless of day or night or weather conditions???

God people and fog lights really 'drive' me mad..............as soon as there a bit of rain people reach for that switch they never use and put their fog lights on the then forget to switch them off and that drive through town :mad: really get me mad. "What do they think they are doing................ they would say stop people driving into the back of them !!!!!!! More likely to happen it people can not see them brake !

Mike
28-06-2004, 15:24
you could try parking in front of a large window & look at the reflection in your mirror :)

Exactly what I do............... ;)

Nemesis
28-06-2004, 15:24
Brake lights, not so easy - neither is finding a large window to park in front of....
Handbrake on/off should show brake lights :D

Chris W
28-06-2004, 15:39

:erm: don't your brake lights only come on when you press the footbrake... i know mine do :erm:

orangebird
28-06-2004, 15:50
:erm: don't your brake lights only come on when you press the footbrake... i know mine do :erm:

That's what I thought... :erm:

homealone
28-06-2004, 15:54
Exactly what I do............... ;)

you just have to be careful no-one thinks you are setting up for a ram-raid ;)

paulyoung666
28-06-2004, 17:15

on which model of car because it is something i have never seen happen :erm:

SMHarman
28-06-2004, 17:22
SAAB have a bulb test whenever you turn the car on. You have to press the brake pedal to complete the test and check the brake light bulbs.

Clever those swedes, also the headlights will not stay on when you remove the ignition key, so you can't leave the lights on and flatten the battery (the sidelights will stay on if you put the switch in that setting, but it beeps when you open the door).

Russ
28-06-2004, 17:27
Pity those 'clever swedes' at Volvo couldn't produce a car which automatically fires the ejector seat when the driver puts their main beams on uneccessarily :grind:

ZrByte
28-06-2004, 18:06
Pity those 'clever swedes' at Volvo couldn't produce a car which automatically fires the ejector seat when the driver puts their main beams on uneccessarily :grind:

Now that'd be good for a laugh, they could do the same for BMW drivers who turn without indicating :D

iadom
28-06-2004, 20:18
Pity those 'clever swedes' at Volvo couldn't produce a car which automatically fires the ejector seat when the driver puts their main beams on uneccessarily :grind:Well my current Volvo, and all of the last three I have had, have main bulb failure indicators on the dash. My Volvo V70 has a digital trip computer that also warns me of any bulb failure, even down to which bulb is at fault, so there.:p:
And the main beam is not switched on by the driver. it is the dipped beam or "daytime driving lights" that you cannot now switch off. as you could with a small screwdriver slot in the dash on my previous V70. Properly adjusted they are not a real problem, they only cause problems if you go over a speed hump and people in side streets think you are flashing to let them out, a signal that is not recognised in the Highway Code or in most of Europe for that matter.

Maggy
28-06-2004, 20:23
you just have to be careful no-one thinks you are setting up for a ram-raid ;)

Well OB you could look as if you are trying to put yer makeup on. ;)

What a bloke to could do to allay suspicion I have no idea! Adjust his syrup perhaps? :D

Russ
28-06-2004, 20:26
We've got plenty of things we could be adjusting actually ;)

Maggy
28-06-2004, 20:29
We've got plenty of things we could be adjusting actually ;)

But if you adjust THOSE then they will just think you are a perverted macho ram raider. :Yikes:

Russ
28-06-2004, 20:30
No change there then :spin: