PDA

View Full Version : Broadband loss

david_w2k
27-06-2004, 20:01
Hi, havnt been on here for a while!

This evening been losing our bb connection. The only lights on are the ethernet and the downstream light. The downstream light is flashing.

During this time, the internal menu of the modem is inaccessable and the router cannot gain any information from it either.

Is this is dying modem or a problem at the head end?

Cheers,
david

paulyoung666
27-06-2004, 20:25
is this a poor signal problem ??????????? , being network thick i was just wondering :D :D :D

david_w2k
27-06-2004, 20:32
havnt spoken to you for ages paul! Was hoping id see you on here:D I dont think its a poor signal problem, as i have never suffered from this before and the tv is working fine.

These are my signal levels:
Downstream Receive Power Level : -8.14 dBmv
Downstream SNR : 32.53 dB
Upstream Transmit Power Level : 42.00 dBmv
I used to know what was good but i cant remember now?

Cheers,
David

Marge
27-06-2004, 20:32
The downstream light should flash but I'm more concerned with the other lights ie pwr, sync and rdy - are they stable, missing or flashing ??

david_w2k
27-06-2004, 20:37
The downstream light should flash but I'm more concerned with the other lights ie pwr, sync and rdy - are they stable, missing or flashing ??

It is working now (how im posting now), but while it wasnt working all the lights were off except the flashing DS light and the constant ethernet light. Then suddenly it jumped back into action.

Marge
27-06-2004, 20:41
If any of the lights I mentioned aren't stable then this will knock off your conx. Can sometimes be an area fault or maybe a glitch in the matrix :D I would recommend unplugging the modem for at least a minute and if still no joy then give the nice tech support a call. They can run a test which should pick up where they think the problem lies

david_w2k
27-06-2004, 20:44
If any of the lights I mentioned aren't stable then this will knock off your conx. Can sometimes be an area fault or maybe a glitch in the matrix :D I would recommend unplugging the modem for at least a minute and if still no joy then give the nice tech support a call. They can run a test which should pick up where they think the problem lies

Ok cool, seems to be ok now. Could be due to the heavy rain happening today. Got a mate who is in charge of sending techs on jobs so ill give him a ring if it continues:)

david_w2k
27-06-2004, 20:56
Thanks alot for your help! The responses are just as quick as i remember:) I used to chat on here alot, but rather lost touch after it changed from .com to .co.uk .

paulyoung666
27-06-2004, 21:39
Thanks alot for your help! The responses are just as quick as i remember:) I used to chat on here alot, but rather lost touch after it changed from .com to .co.uk .

well now you have found us again , stick around , the more the merrier i reckon :D :D :D :D

homealone
27-06-2004, 22:09
well now you have found us again , stick around , the more the merrier i reckon :D :D :D :D

second that - 'welcome back' david_w2k :)

@ Paulyoung666 - you'll have to change your sig now you have been 'twixed' :D - well done :tu:

MetaWraith
27-06-2004, 22:18
The Reading area is suffering a bit today. I've had 4 disconnections that I know of. Thanks to a fellow forum member a visit has been logged as required, and what's more I've had an official call to say they'll call tomorrow to arrange when.

paulyoung666
27-06-2004, 22:19
second that - 'welcome back' david_w2k :)

@ Paulyoung666 - you'll have to change your sig now you have been 'twixed' :D - well done :tu:

duly done :D :D :D :D

david_w2k
27-06-2004, 22:20
Cheers guys:) I think im going to be a regular again, had forgotten how good this forum is:D

markmarkymark
28-06-2004, 05:42
yo all ...

In the Reading area - I think the connection quality is still a bit iffy this morning