PDA

View Full Version : weight loss

Avrils_knickers
26-06-2004, 22:38
I am going on holiday soon and i have had a few too many 12 inch pizzas and burgers so now i am not going too eat for a while i will starve my self,would anyone else like to begin this journey with me.

I currently weigh 13 stone 11 please await for further updates

Russ
26-06-2004, 22:39
I am going on holiday soon and i have had a few too many 12 inch pizzas and burgers so now i am not going too eat for a while i will starve my self,would anyone else like to begin this journey with me.

No no, feel free to persue this one on your own :angel:

lavignelover
26-06-2004, 22:44
well i think i need to praise the lord for this one.....on going battle but at least i am not annarexic!.i may be a fatty but at least i can do something about it unlike RIK WALLER :dozey:

dilli-theclaw
26-06-2004, 22:45
No.

I currently weigh 13 stone 11 please await for further updates
I can't weight.....;)

Russ
26-06-2004, 22:46
well i think i need to praise the lord for this one.....on going battle but at least i am not annarexic!

No, just a bad speller.... :D

lavignelover
26-06-2004, 22:47
well all i know is i can fit a kebab into my ass sideways its a crownass

dilli-theclaw
26-06-2004, 22:48
Oh wow - how many months did it take for you to think of that one? :rolleyes:

Russ
26-06-2004, 22:49

lmaoooooooooooooo!!!!

:rofl: :rofl:

Maggy
27-06-2004, 00:05

Errrr...can someone translate? I've lost the plot already.Is this a dialect or a spelling issue? :erm:

Don't bother! It has all been explained to me.Some folk want to watch their manners.It's very dicey coming onto a site and having a go at the residents.It is not smart and it's not going to win you friends.But of course that's not the point is it?Haven't seen you contribute to any post in a helpful manner thus far so I guess you aren't into the ethos of this site.

Incog.

Graham
27-06-2004, 00:11
now i am not going too eat for a while i will starve my self,would anyone else like to begin this journey with me.

I'm not an expert on diets and weight loss, but my answer would be "no", because starvation diets are a) not a good way of losing weight (your body just goes into "famine mode" and starts consuming muscle tissue, so when you start eating again it builds that tissue back up again) b) not good for you either because you're not eating right.

There is *ONE* really good way of losing weight and that is aerobic exercise. NB that's not "Aerobics" (some versions of which can actually be damaging!), but simple exercise that increases your heart rate and breathing so your body starts burning off fats.

A couple of sites that have methods of calculating recommended heart rate levels are http://exercise.about.com/cs/fitnesstools/l/bl_THR.htm

And http://www.netfit.co.uk/wkaer.htm

I'd suggest, if possible, taking up swimming a couple of times a week. It's non-stressful on joints (unlike jogging and step-aerobics can be), burns calories well and is also good for endurance and suppleness.

Curiously enough, I recently started swimming again after not doing it for a long while, because I decided I wasn't fit enough and I've found that I'm actually eating less because of it! I simply don't have the appetite for the large meals I used to, so I'm getting fit *and* losing weight!

Chimaera
27-06-2004, 00:12
Errrr...can someone translate? I've lost the plot already.Is this a dialect or a spelling issue? :erm:
No - I think you will find that it's a dig at another forum member Coggy :(

Halcyon
27-06-2004, 00:20
So can someone set the record straight.....Are these two people against Kronas or what ? What is their point here on the forums ?

::confused::

Graham
27-06-2004, 00:21
So can someone set the record straight.....Are these two people against Kronas or what ? What is their point here on the forums ?

::confused::

God knows. Hopefully someone will come along in a moment and suggest they get back on topic...!

Caspar
27-06-2004, 00:24
Back :notopic: please :D

Maggy
27-06-2004, 00:25
God knows. Hopefully someone will come along in a moment and suggest they get back on topic...!

But I think that it is the topic Graham.One of them began the thread after all and the other choreographed it. :rolleyes:

Incog.

dilli-theclaw
27-06-2004, 00:27
But I think that it is the topic Graham.One of them began the thread after all and the other choreographed it. :rolleyes:

Incog.
It certainly looks that way doesn't it...

Nikko
27-06-2004, 00:31
Is it pancake day? we seem to have the toszers in

Maggy
27-06-2004, 00:33

Sorry but the profanity filter made lace of that. :)

EDIT:You are quick on the edit button.

Nikko
27-06-2004, 00:36
Sorry but the profanity filter made lace of that. :)

EDIT:You are quick on the edit button.

;)

danielf
27-06-2004, 00:38

I'm wondering if that should be plural. Could be a double handle?

Graham
27-06-2004, 11:24

Pardon me, but the topic is "Weight Loss" with someone suggesting they're going on a starvation diet which is *not* a good idea.

I'm usually not in favour of posts being removed by Moderators, but there *may* be some people who want to discuss this matter in a sensible way without others getting in the way by making personal attacks on forum members.

Paul
27-06-2004, 11:37
Closed.

I think this topic is nothing more than a wind-up. One of the members involved has already been suspended due to complaints and their behavior elsewhere on the forums.