PDA

View Full Version : Help! Generating Pin

DiscoStu
25-06-2004, 12:30
Hi,

My dad had his broadband (sacm) fitted on Wednesday (bromley area) but is unable to activate it as every time he calls they tell him they are unable to create a PIN.

I thought it was a little strange that he hadn't received the welcome letter and when I called the cm support guy told me they had not created an account for him (despite him ordering a month ago).

He told me to call CS who would generate one - which we are still waiting on.

So any ideas how to sort this out as we seem to be getting nowhere with CS??

Many thanks,

Stu

Marge
25-06-2004, 12:37
Welcome to the site :welcome:

Shame I'm not in work cos I've been doing these non stop for the past 3 weeks and would have been able to sort out for you :rolleyes:

There has been a delay from when the account has been set up to the pin number being generated but there needs to be an account setup in the first place :erm:

PM me if you wish but I'm not back in till Monday.

scrotnig
25-06-2004, 13:00
Hi,

My dad had his broadband (sacm) fitted on Wednesday (bromley area) but is unable to activate it as every time he calls they tell him they are unable to create a PIN.

I thought it was a little strange that he hadn't received the welcome letter and when I called the cm support guy told me they had not created an account for him (despite him ordering a month ago).

He told me to call CS who would generate one - which we are still waiting on.

So any ideas how to sort this out as we seem to be getting nowhere with CS??

Many thanks,

Stu
Get in touch with me by PM I can sort this.

ntlbroadband2
25-06-2004, 20:42
PIN should be the same across all customers if I remember corectly. Anyone?

quadplay
25-06-2004, 20:43
No, each customer has an individual PIN (hence Personal Identification Number).

Nemesis
26-06-2004, 18:08
I understand that this has been sorted ... can anyone confirm ?

Chris W
26-06-2004, 18:20
I understand that this has been sorted ... can anyone confirm ?

AFAIK Mark B has resolved this one :tu:

MB

scrotnig
26-06-2004, 18:40
This one is indeed sorted, insofar as the customer is now online.

There is a teensy issue in that it won't ever generate a bill as things stand, due to the way I did the fix, however, I'll sort that part out by making a few behind the scenes tweaks on Monday afternoon when I'm next in work.

ntlbroadband2
27-06-2004, 03:05
No, each customer has an individual PIN (hence Personal Identification Number).
You're right. It's the serial number that is the same on every broadband welcome letter I've seen. Each PIN can only be used once therefore I sincerely hope it is personal ;)

But I think the NTL man may be incorrect about the user not paying owing to his "trick". I'd think that they will be charged the monthly rate for the service they asked to subscribe to (150k, 600k or 1mb). The problems will come when the user upgrades their speed online. These changes won't be reflect at their local ntl franchise billing end.

I don't joke when I say hundred's of NTL customers have noticed this (it's a VERY common engineers trick to get things up + running fast) and not told NTL.

scrotnig
27-06-2004, 03:07
You're right. It's the serial number that is the same on every broadband welcome letter I've seen. Each PIN can only be used once therefore I sincerely hope it is personal ;)

But I think the NTL man may be incorrect about the user not paying owing to his "trick". I'd think that they will be charged the monthly rate for the service they asked to subscribe to (150k, 600k or 1mb). The problems will come when the user upgrades their speed online. These changes won't be reflect at their local ntl franchise billing end.

I don't joke when I say hundred's of NTL customers have noticed this (it's a VERY common engineers trick to get things up + running fast) and not told NTL.
Trust me, I know what I'm doing with these type of accounts, and I will need to make some tweaks to the billing on Monday morning. After that, all will be well.

It won't get messed up after I've seen to it!

ntlbroadband2
27-06-2004, 23:39
Trust me, I know what I'm doing with these type of accounts, and I will need to make some tweaks to the billing on Monday morning. After that, all will be well.

It won't get messed up after I've seen to it!
No, I don't doubt that.

But if you didn't, he'd quite conceivably be able to upgrade his speed online at ntlworld.com and the billing would still be for the original product.

scrotnig
28-06-2004, 00:09
No, I don't doubt that.

But if you didn't, he'd quite conceivably be able to upgrade his speed online at ntlworld.com and the billing would still be for the original product.
And that is why I will.....when I agree to solve these problems using this method, I *always* leave the account in the correct state.

Once my work is done, any online upgrades will work and bill in the correct manner.