PDA

View Full Version : do you think drive throughs are a good thing or a bad thing?

lavignelover
24-06-2004, 22:57

gary_580
24-06-2004, 22:59
Times saver.

Annoys the hell out of me :

MacDonalds, you drive in, you order, you pay and then you go and park and wait!!!

KFC, you queue forever

They need to be better organised

I must admit i find the drive through chemist a bit extreme

dilli-theclaw
24-06-2004, 23:00
Yes

Shaun
24-06-2004, 23:01
WHAT???

Is there an invisible post I cant read or something?

dilli-theclaw
24-06-2004, 23:02
WHAT???

Is there an invisible post I cant read or something?
No

Shaun
24-06-2004, 23:03
No

Maybe its another nonsecu-watsit thread I just don't get :confused:

tick
24-06-2004, 23:04
you wait more.
if you go to counter it is faster

dilli-theclaw
24-06-2004, 23:05
Maybe its another nonsecu-watsit thread I just don't get :confused:
Nah - I just think the original poster typed his title in the wrong place;)

'do you think drive throughs are a good thing or a bad thing?'

iron25
24-06-2004, 23:27
In America they have drive through cash machines :erm:

At the time it seemed rather silly but after trying to find somewhere to park to simply withdraw money from a cash point, I can now see their benefits :)

gazzae
24-06-2004, 23:29
In America they have drive through cash machines :erm:

At the time it seemed rather silly but after trying to find somewhere to park to simply withdraw money from a cash point, I can now see their benefits :)

Plus when its minus 30 in some places you don't really want to get out of your car!

MovedGoalPosts
24-06-2004, 23:53
McDonalds drive throughs rarely hurry with the McFlurry. At Burger King you usually have a Whopper of a wait.

I'm usually better off going inside having a proper seat and table, but then there's the noisy kids (brats) usually distrubing the nice piped musac.

There's no point in me using drive throughs. My car interior doesn't have a single flat surface anywhere near the driver. so you can't put down your drink without it falling over and leaving nice sticky patches all over the seat, carpet, switches ...

Earl of Bronze
25-06-2004, 00:05
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The Fast Food Industry.

Bit of an oxymoron that really. Seeing as its neither Fast, nor really food. But yes they are a good idea, at least you dont have to stand in the que with all the noisy sprogs running around. ;)

Jerrek
25-06-2004, 04:05
The only drive throughs I use are those of the ATMs (mostly in the winter) and occasionally pharmacies if I'm sent on an errand. Yes I very much like drivethroughs.

greencreeper
25-06-2004, 04:30
IME a good thing. I favour Burger King. Never had any problems, though they always look at my debit card like it's something unusual. I don't think many of the burger flippers are trained in how to accept payment by card. Dunno. My mate does the driving - I do the ordering and paying :)

Lew
25-06-2004, 15:41
In America they have drive through cash machinesââ‚à ƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦

†¦with braille symbols on the keys :rofl:

(and yes I understand that they probably use the same keypads as the regular ATMs but it just seems amusing for a drive-thru machine)

paulyoung666
25-06-2004, 15:55
they never get my order right , i mean how hard can it be to do a plain cheeseburger :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

lavignelover
25-06-2004, 16:22
OMG since i have been using drive throughs its done nothing for my figure!:D

well i think there a good thing for lazy people hehehe no offence seen as though i am one of them muhahahaha.:angel:

zoombini
25-06-2004, 16:39
Handy when you have kids in the car & do not want to drag them all inside though.

Don't want to leave them alone, but do not want the hassle of getting everyone out? Drive through.. the front window :D

Theodoric
25-06-2004, 17:16
Well, as someone who will only cross the threshold of a McDonalds if dragged there by some relative who is far to young to know that the carton will taste better than what is in it, I didn't realise that we had drive throughs in this country. I'd always assumed that we didn't have enough space for firms to be able to provide drive throughs. Presumably not something that you can do in the average high street.

Marge
25-06-2004, 17:18
Drive throughs are fantastic, means I can go out in my jim-jams and get McDonalds :tu: :blush:

Theodoric
25-06-2004, 17:20
Drive throughs are fantastic, means I can go out in my jim-jams and get McDonalds :tu: :blush:
Er, considering that case in America where some woman sued a fast food company because she spilt hot coffee on herself as she drove off, do you consider pyjamas sufficient protection. :)

dilli-theclaw
25-06-2004, 17:22
Where where :D I wanna go work there :D;)

Marge
25-06-2004, 17:23
Er, considering that case in America where some woman sued a fast food company because she spilt hot coffee on herself as she drove off, do you consider pyjamas sufficient protection. :)

I'm very boring, always get the same. Quarterpounder meal with pure orange juice which comes in a screw on top lid thingy so no harm there apart from my backside getting bigger :D :D

Avrils_knickers
26-06-2004, 22:34
well lavignelover i think they are excellent and in heckmondwike there are a few people who could do with going to a drive through