PDA

View Full Version : DNS Error - Network adaptor help

letters_t0_y0u
24-06-2004, 19:34
i get an error on the DNS (second part of the diagnostics test), in the "advanced" part of the erro it says that the IP address was not accepted, i have tried entering the same IP of my address of the computer that i am using now, and also tried automaticaly getting the address when i connect...none of the 2 options is working..im wondering if anyone can help me, or tell me how you got your ps2 set up to go online.. also, i have tried going to http://www.playstationpro2.com/misc/ps2_online_faq.html ..i stil cannot find anything to help me out with my problem, any information on how toy fix this would be greatly appriciated..thanks

letters_t0_y0u
24-06-2004, 20:02
also..would using a router help this at all?..as you can find otu a diffrent ip address for your ps2?..

Chris W
24-06-2004, 21:19
:welcome: to the site.

you will only get an ip address if you set it to obtain automatically by DHCP.

If you do not have a router, you either need to be subscribed to ntl's console package, or you must be connecting just the ps2 to the modem. If it is the latter, make sure that you turn off the modem for at least 1minute before swapping over to the ps2 connection.

I am not too familiar with the ps2 setup, but is there a way of finding out what ip address you are getting?

MB

letters_t0_y0u
24-06-2004, 21:30
i found this on here http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=8397 ,well, if i get the ntl dual ip thing, (which someone said was £5 a month, is it?) and a router, and follow that guide, should everything be fine?..just curious if anyone else did this and it worked ok for them?

Chris W
24-06-2004, 21:35
the ntl service is now £3 a month, and you will only need one service. Either the ntl service or a router you don't need both.

MB

letters_t0_y0u
24-06-2004, 21:51
but if i wanted to run both the internet on my pc and the ps2 at the same time then i would need a router though..so i'll consider both..thanks

letters_t0_y0u
26-06-2004, 23:30
i phoned ntl about the dual ip console support thing, they said its £5 extra month and a one off charge of £30 for the "ps2 started kit" or something, and said that i can use both my pc and ps2 at the sdame time, so i hope it all turns out ok

iain_herts
27-06-2004, 17:50
hi if you get a router you dont need the ntl console service. i have 2 pc and a ps2 both pc connect to the router and my ps2 connects to my pc useing ics and i get a ip that way.so no need to get the ntl service and i can use all 3 at once.

iain

letters_t0_y0u
28-06-2004, 23:16
well, ive got the thing from ntl now, maybe i'll get a router eventually then quit the ntl console service, right now, i have no cash at all, will next month though, so i'll see then

letters_t0_y0u
10-07-2004, 12:27
ntl never sent the started kit put after 2 weeks of asking and a a phone call mid way asking about it, so after 2 weeks i phoned up and the place that sneds the started kits out has none in stock...nice of them to tell me that though...so i just bought the linksys router..should be here monday, i'll hope for the best