PDA

View Full Version : Cannot tune TV into DVD

meself
25-07-2003, 12:15
Hi

Up until yesterday I had my DVD player tuned into my portable TV, which is connected directly to my main TV.

I now cannot tune my portable into the DVD at all (Iâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢m using a scart lead) and pick up an NTL page with SWIN 0103 code on it.

Rather than spend all day trying to phone NTL as the page requests have any of you good people any ideas.

Bifta
25-07-2003, 12:23
Originally posted by meself
Hi

Up until yesterday I had my DVD player tuned into my portable TV, which is connected directly to my main TV.

I now cannot tune my portable into the DVD at all (Iâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢m using a scart lead) and pick up an NTL page with SWIN 0103 code on it.

Rather than spend all day trying to phone NTL as the page requests have any of you good people any ideas.

You don't "tune" your TV if you're using Scart, you just switch to an AV channel, and um, why would NTL care if you can't tune your portable into your DVD player? (or do you mean STB?)

meself
25-07-2003, 12:40
Hi Bifta

Thanks for your quick replyââ‚ƚ¬Ã‚¦Ã¢à¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡Ã‚¬Ã‚¦Ãà †â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãà ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦ÃƒÆ’¢âââ‚ ¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ã‚¦ÃÂà ‚¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ã‚ƚ¦Ãƒ¢â‚ƚ¬Ã‚¦..ummmmmmmmmmÃÃ⠀šÃ‚¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ã‚à ƒâ€šÃ‚¦ÃƒÆ’¢â‚à ƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã ¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚¦Ã ƒÆ’¢â‚¬Ã ƒâ€šÃ‚¦.call me a tick paddyââ‚ƚ¬Ã‚¦Ã¢à¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡Ã‚¬Ã‚¦Ãà †â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãà ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦ÃƒÆ’¢âââ‚ ¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ã‚¦ÃÂà ‚¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ã‚ƚ¦just checked the scart lead and where I had turned the portable around, the scart lead had become slightly dislodgedââ‚ Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¦ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚¦à ƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬à ƒÆ’‚¦Ã¢ââà ¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡Ã‚¬Ã‚¦Ãà ‚¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚ ¦..my head

While we are on the subject I do get that message when I try and tune in my video to the STB

Cheers

Bifta
25-07-2003, 13:05
Heh, easy enough mistake to make, the back of my TV is desperate for trying to get a scart lead in, there's like a ridge of plastic near the two sockets that don't let you plug it in fully.

Not sure about the video bit of it, I don't have NTL tv, as my mrs reckons we get enough on terrestrial, even though RTE and TG3's reception is boll*cks.

meself
25-07-2003, 13:14
Cheers mate

Me Ma lives over in Co Tipp and we had to get her a cable type set up over there as RTE and the other channel and a half would do yer head inââ‚ ¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦:eek: †¦âââ €šÂ¬Ã‚¦Ãà ƒâ€šÃ‚¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ã ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦ÃƒÆ’¢â ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ã‚¦ .especially on a Sunday with all dat praying going on:smokin:

Bifta
25-07-2003, 13:34
heh. We only live half a mile from Sherrifs Mountain (where the TV transmitter is) and we still get a sh*te reception on BBC1, 2, UTV and 4, Channel 5 is always dead on so we stuck another aerial up to get RTE and all that there, waste of money.