PDA

View Full Version : For STB users

inthewildteam
23-06-2004, 01:15
Just a thought,

how about a sticky for STB connected users?

Page up, page down, blue, on the remote gives access to various details about the connection (or lack of) interactive and broadband.

Surely this would be helpfull to CS when they take the call and also help us customers too.

It would save lots of time using the search function on here to find out about return levels, STB address, and interactive issues before calling in about problems.

Perhaps a nominal value for signal level, return path etc etc......... average values that we should expect to see. If outside of those, then call CS as we can't use docsdiag?

JamesMurphy
23-06-2004, 01:38
Good Idea I agree, Seems this could save lots of time when trying to resolve a problem with tech support.

BBKing
23-06-2004, 08:18
CS can see all that, plus a fair bit more. Still, can't hurt.

Jason1
23-06-2004, 10:25
When ever i used this information to inform ntl all i needed was a msi hit sent to the box they where always flabgasted at any technical term i used and just palmed me off to faults

inthewildteam
23-06-2004, 23:35
When ever i used this information to inform ntl all i needed was a msi hit sent to the box they where always flabgasted at any technical term i used and just palmed me off to faults

ROFL!

Does help to escalate the call tho'

inthewildteam
23-06-2004, 23:42
CS can see all that, plus a fair bit more. Still, can't hurt.

I know that CS can view more of the error codes than the 1 page we can see. I just thought that it would be helpfull for anyone experiencing intermittent problems, or a complete loss of connection to know the time/times and dates before calling CS only to be routed to Faults. If the STB cable modem isn't connecting, why bother front line CS, call Faults direct ...... etc etc etc. That kind of thing.