PDA

View Full Version : Keep losing internet connection.

McGraw
22-06-2004, 20:48
600k through SACM.

Connection keeps dropping. When it does, the middle light on the CM flashes steadily on and off.

Rebooting sometimes helps, usually not. Mostly it will just start working again without booting PC or CM.

I'm in Manchester.

Please help!

Thanks.

Scrubbs
22-06-2004, 21:23
I might be stating the obvious but......... connections are the first thing I would check, Next .......... is it happening when you are doing something specific? playing an online game.
Is it certain times of the day? when it gets warm?

br3ach
22-06-2004, 21:35
The middle light?

What is this light labelled m8?

JamesMurphy
23-06-2004, 00:30
Im having the exact same problem, i am in london and during the day the Internet light on my STB will begin to flash and it constantly bleeps throughout the day, and doesnt work until around 4pm. Been doing this past 2 days and am not pleased with this. Reboots of the STB do not work. AFIK Its a Pace 1000.
It starts with MSN messenger starts to ocnstantly log itself out then boom its gone.
Any ideas as this is just totally not on :(

600k btw Thanks in Advance.

inthewildteam
23-06-2004, 00:42
If you are connected through a STB, when the connection drops (middle light flashes) press page up page down and blue on your remote. This will bring up a screen, use the right option (on the circle) to cycle through to the last page and you will see an error code about your connection. you can use this when you call CS.

I am assuming that you do connect through your STB and are ex CoCo or Nynex

JamesMurphy
23-06-2004, 00:45
If you are connected through a STB, when the connection drops (middle light flashes) press page up page down and blue on your remote. This will bring up a screen, use the right option (on the circle) to cycle through to the last page and you will see an error code about your connection. you can use this when you call CS.

I am assuming that you do connect through your STB and are ex CoCo or Nynex
Thanks a lot for the swift reply ill give this a shot next time it happens thanks.

inthewildteam
23-06-2004, 00:47
No problem JM

Had a similar problem not so long back

Hope you get it sorted

inthewildteam
23-06-2004, 00:55
BTW JM You can call the menu up at any time, even if your service is working OK. It won't mess up the engineers menu but gives you a little info for your call to CS when they try the "reboot the STB excuse" ;)

JamesMurphy
23-06-2004, 01:21
Ok man thanks a lot for the info :D

JamesMurphy
23-06-2004, 01:53
Update on this: I chekced my Event log for the STB i had Numerous reports of "Unable to Read Config File", "CM Ranging Periodically Fail"
Signal strength was at the time 426.

inthewildteam
23-06-2004, 23:29
Update on this: I chekced my Event log for the STB i had Numerous reports of "Unable to Read Config File", "CM Ranging Periodically Fail"
Signal strength was at the time 426.

I'd give faults a call as they will have access to more than just 1 page of error codes from your STB

it's an 0845 number (I don't have it to hand 'cos I'm decorating and I can't find any paperwork amongst this mess of tangled cables, wallpaper paste and sticky german shepherd dog!) On the few occasions I've had to call them, I've always been given good service.

Chris W
24-06-2004, 00:21
0845 650 0125 ;)

inthewildteam
24-06-2004, 00:25
0845 650 0125 ;)

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Any idea how to get wallpaper paste out of a long haired german shepherd dog?

Any good at hanging wallpaper?

Chris W
24-06-2004, 00:30
Thanks!!!!!!!!

I can hang wallpaper... but you are a bit far away... and about the dog... no idea sorry! :erm:

inthewildteam
24-06-2004, 00:37
I can hang wallpaper... but you are a bit far away... and about the dog... no idea sorry! :erm:

Error codes good to mention???? Always helped me in the past.

Got my old ex CoCo 1000 box swapped even when front line CS were saying no problems in my area.

Nikko
24-06-2004, 00:46
Thanks!!!!!!!!

Let it eat it's fill, then let nature take its course?

This is not a recommended diet for Alsations, and you may notice a considerable delay in normal output, and can only hope the unfortunate creature does not meet a sticky end.

inthewildteam
24-06-2004, 00:59
Let it eat it's fill, then let nature take its course?

This is not a recommended diet for Alsations, and you may notice a considerable delay in normal output, and can only hope the unfortunate creature does not meet a sticky end.

LOL!

Bloody dog isn't eating the paste, he's covered in it! Keeps trying to help, I've given up for tonight before we both set solid.

Nikko
24-06-2004, 01:01
LOL!

Bloody dog isn't eating the paste, he's covered in it! Keeps trying to help, I've given up for tonight before we both set solid.

Hehe - you should save the Polyfilla for the parrot........

inthewildteam
24-06-2004, 01:05
Are we straying somewhat off topic here? :confused:

Nikko
24-06-2004, 01:10
Are we straying somewhat off topic here? :confused:

Umm yeah but the original problem has been ably assisted as usual :)

But you are right, enough banter.

inthewildteam
24-06-2004, 01:16
Umm yeah but the original problem has been ably assisted as usual :)

But you are right, enough banter.

Not quite as good as the old ".com" site before the takeover! (Homer moment, must have shower before I set solid! Need Duff)

Best not go there!

I do agree about the help tho'
:zzz:

Stop It
24-06-2004, 09:55
Thanks!!!!!!!!

Um Get a bucket of warm soapy water, put the dog outside, and chuck the bucket,then laugh

And hanging wallpaper isnt that difficult, as long as you have a good judegement on whats straight or not :LOL: