PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Russ
21-06-2004, 20:45
You've met a really good looking girl. You've been on a few dates with her, things are going fine and the both of you decide to give it a go.

You take her to a pub one night and you notice near the bar is a notorious drug dealer, a really bad-news guy. On passing him as she walks by the bar, your new gf says hello, obviously knowing him. She gets back to your seat.

What would you do?

Tricky
21-06-2004, 20:51
Easy, just ask who he is? and then how she know him.

Earl of Bronze
21-06-2004, 20:53
Well, whatever you do, dont, I repeat DONT, interrogate her like the DS would the dealer. Give it a couple of days and then be up front, ask her how she knows him.

Shaun
21-06-2004, 20:55
Ask her, if she takes issue then she's not the girl for you ;)

She may have a valid reason for knowing him, friend of the family, went to school with him, etc.

Bifta
21-06-2004, 21:03
What would you do?

Mind my own business. Theoretically you'd be out with her, because you have an interest in her, not who she knows, if she offers the information up unprompted fair enough, if not, sticky/beak/out.

aliferste
21-06-2004, 21:06
Yea, I think if it really bothered me at the time I would say something , casually like though. If I didnt say something at the time I would leave it though, I mean it would be kinda weird to then say "who was that guy you said hello to 3 days ago in the pub"

There is of course the possibilty that she has bought some hash or something off him. Could be an aquantance from drinking in the same pub......I used to say hello to a guy who used to come into the Nightclub I worked in. Used to chat away quite the thing, charming guy, used to talk about fishing......about a year later someone told me he was a shady gangster! LOL you never can tell :)

Russ
21-06-2004, 21:07
Interesting replies, keep them coming please :)

This is just a hypothetic scenario though.

Halcyon
21-06-2004, 21:10
I'd confront her with it later on at home.
She has the right to tell her side of the story.

Chris W
21-06-2004, 21:11
I would probably make a casually comment at the time like 'is that someone you know from work/some other activity she did/etc?'

and see what her answer is, this way she could say 'oh just a friend' or give you more details if she wanted to.

If you were happy with her answer all is well, and if not then you can think about ending it.

MB

Marge
21-06-2004, 21:12
I know some "dodgy" characters but that doesn't mean I'm dodgy too. If someone asked me how I knew someone I would tell them but wouldn't appreciate 20 questions about it. Be wary of the old "guilty by association" ;)

Bex
21-06-2004, 21:26
I know some "dodgy" characters but that doesn't mean I'm dodgy too. If someone asked me how I knew someone I would tell them but wouldn't appreciate 20 questions about it. Be wary of the old "guilty by association" ;)
i agree with debs. ask in a friendly interested way. or maybe drop it into conversation somehow when discussing friends or collegues or something :)

dilli-theclaw
21-06-2004, 21:30
Buy a bullet proof vest I guess - just in case :)

Graham
21-06-2004, 22:22
What would you do?

First of all I'd wonder why I happened to *know* someone was a notorious drug dealer and be frequenting the sort of pub he would go into!!

Russ
21-06-2004, 22:24
First of all I'd wonder why I happened to *know* someone was a notorious drug dealer and be frequenting the sort of pub he would go into!!

In some small towns (such as around here) word gets around very quickly. And perhaps HE was frequenting MY sort of pub :D

zovat
21-06-2004, 22:30
Personally - I'd ask who that was - not making any issue of it, and see what progresses.

It is quite possible that she does not know him in that way - maybe she knows him through friends.. :angel:

I know some people who I consider friends, but I found out some nasty things about them through other friends :(

Just shows - you never know everything about your mates :(

Dave Stones
21-06-2004, 22:37
i'd just say in my bluntness... "who's your friend over at the bar then?"

and leave it at that :) if she wants to elaborate you don't put any pressure on her then

Russ
21-06-2004, 22:39
i'd just say in my bluntness... "who's your friend over at the bar then?"

and leave it at that :) if she wants to elaborate you don't put any pressure on her then

She could say something like "Oh that's Jim, some guy I used to know"....and of course it would eat away at you to know how she knew him :D

zovat
21-06-2004, 22:44
She could say something like "Oh that's Jim, some guy I used to know"....and of course it would eat away at you to know how she knew him :D

You should never let little things like that eat away at you ...

Dave Stones
21-06-2004, 22:44
curiosity killed the cat :)

you leave all the awkward questions like that until a bit later on, when you had been on more than a few dates and want to know more about her and so on :p:

*draws from his vast wealth of social experiences :erm:*

saying it's a hypothetical situation, i wonder....... :)

i'm sure you know as well as i how hypothetical situations are often the same as "my brother's best mate's girlfriend's uncle has this embarassing problem..." etc etc ;)

not that i'm suggesting anything by the way :angel:

anyway yes, leave her past out of it until you know the wee girl better :cool:

gazzae
21-06-2004, 23:03
Why would it bother you?

I know some people who deal, doesn't mean that I'm involved in those activities.

Russ
21-06-2004, 23:07
It's just a hypothetical question. I don't even know why I posted it, all I know is I had to post it :erm:

Stu038
21-06-2004, 23:12
If you know her well enough to consider making a go of it then the chances are that if she's using then there might just be something niggling at the back of your mind that is reinforced by this meeting. If thats whats happening here then you gotta be casual and ask how she knows him.

Personally though I'm with Bex and Debsy on this one, just cos she knows someone a bit colourful doesn't mean she is herself. I know several folks with records for a range of offences, but it doesn't stop me greeting them when I'm out.

Ramrod
21-06-2004, 23:38
I would have just said: "He's a dealer isn't he? How do you know him? "
.......Mandy always says that I am far too blunt :)

carlingman
21-06-2004, 23:49
Well myself go for the direct approach.

Ask her how well she knows him and see if you can get mates rates.

If you can score 1/8th ounce of Skunk/Hash for under £15 then you have a bargain and enjoy.

:D :D

Earl of Bronze
22-06-2004, 02:14
Well myself go for the direct approach.

Ask her how well she knows him and see if you can get mates rates.

If you can score 1/8th ounce of Skunk/Hash for under £15 then you have a bargain and enjoy.

:D :D

Na man, better to buy by the 9 bar. Makes more sense financially. :Yikes: :erm:

Oops, did I just say that out loud. LOL. :D