PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas on loss of conn when gaming/surfing downloading ?

Edolan
20-06-2004, 18:39
Hi,
I have a problem with my connection, I play DAOC which is an online game, it has a performance meter within it, which tells you how good your con,fps are etc. When I play all is fine then the connectivity meter goes to warning and i get dropped from the game or at least cant do anything for a long time. I have similar problems with other games or when surfing/downloading etc, when all of a sudden a page wont load or my download will stop, for a little while then be ok.
I have a terayon modem Connected into a linksys router with 2 PC's attached to it, I get this problem on which ever PC I use. I have recently swapped from ICS because I was having problems and I thought it could be that. But as you can see I still have problems :rolleyes:
I tried to use DOCSDIAG but it doesnt seem to work with my cm.
Any ideas or is it a long phone call to tech support :mad:

Chris W
20-06-2004, 19:20
:welcome: to the site

does the cable light on the modem go off or start to flashing when you lose the connection?

Also what area are you living in?

Edolan
20-06-2004, 21:37
No the lights always stay working as normal, I am in Harlow Essex

Edolan
21-06-2004, 16:44
Anyone got any ideas or can give me something to try re my problem Please :)

Neil
21-06-2004, 16:49
Do you have this problem without the router, with just 1 PC connected direrct to the modem?

Edolan
21-06-2004, 17:06
Yes Neil, I do, I have tried 2 pc's with and without the router. I am pretty sure I have proved it to be a problem with the NTL side either the CM or the network as I have managed to eliminate all my hardware.

Neil
21-06-2004, 17:28
Yes Neil, I do, I have tried 2 pc's with and without the router. I am pretty sure I have proved it to be a problem with the NTL side either the CM or the network as I have managed to eliminate all my hardware.

Then your only option is to contact ntl Tech Support I'm afraid. :erm:

Edolan
23-06-2004, 17:58
Ok so I rang tech support and after trying to fob me off they eventually agree to get an engineer out and someone would call me to arrange an appointment. So 2 days later i ring up because i havent heard from them and surprse no engineer is comming. They are now telling me there is an outage in my area but cant give me any idea when it will be back :(
Time to try BT I fear