PDA

View Full Version : New STB and broadband

daveeb
20-06-2004, 11:00
Hi all, my STB looks like its on the way out and i've got an engineer coming on tuesday. assuming he changes the box do i need to do anything for my broadband account to work. i believe that if you change the network card in your pc you have to register it somehow, but does the same apply to a new stb and if so how do i do it. Many thanks :dozey:

Paul K
20-06-2004, 11:24
Should work if you power down and then reboot the PC after the new STB has been installed. Then engineer should make sure its ready to work before he leaves, make sure he knows the STB is used for broadband and that he checks that it's been enabled for use before he goes.

Marge
20-06-2004, 12:20
You'll need to re-register with a new STB.

Open your browser and type in 172.16.30.84

This will open up the provisioning log on page, you'll need your PID number and password. Add the pc by giving it a name and then you'll get a screen saying congratulations !!!

Close everything down, unplug the STB for at least a minute, turn everything back on and you should be up and running.

The only thing to check with the tech is whether your new box needs a cross-over adaptor or not.

Good luck with this, if everything goes ok you should be back online within 5 minutes :tu:

daveeb
20-06-2004, 14:04
Thanks people :) . Slightly different advice there, i'm a bit confused about the giving the pc a name bit. The pc/nic card are the same as before and i dont remember naming it when i first registered. :dunce:

Marge
20-06-2004, 18:05
You can register upto 5 pc's for the BB service, this isn't anything you have to remember so type anything in when you click on add.

It goes along the lines of "You have connected a computer that is unknown to NTL home" etc etc