PDA

View Full Version : LOL at first impression

Curio
20-06-2004, 08:32
So yesterday we were supposed to have NTL cable installed. They were supposed to be coming between 12pm-5pm. Wife took day off work. Heard nothing by 5:30pm so she phoned and suddenly it was between 12pm-6pm. 6:30pm and still nothing. Treid to phone customer support but they had gone home. Eventually got through to some random dept who basically said "oh, well they're probably not coming today now then - phone tomorrow". So no cable and down on money due to my wife having to take day off work. And they didn't even bother to phone and keep us updated.

Can anybody give me one good reason why I shouldn't call and tell them to stick it?

I used to have Blueyonder where I lived before and it was superb.

Not happy :mad:

swoop101
20-06-2004, 09:02
Welcome to the forum curio. :welcome:

That is disgraceful service and you have every right to cancel, but I would ring back in the morning with a complaint and try and get some extra freebies if you can.
I am sure that one of the NTL employee's will be along later on here to give you other info and possibly help.

keep your eye on your thread. :)

Derek
20-06-2004, 09:03
What part of the country are you in?

Russ
20-06-2004, 09:09
So yesterday we were supposed to have NTL cable installed. They were supposed to be coming between 12pm-5pm. Wife took day off work. Heard nothing by 5:30pm so she phoned and suddenly it was between 12pm-6pm. 6:30pm and still nothing. Treid to phone customer support but they had gone home. Eventually got through to some random dept who basically said "oh, well they're probably not coming today now then - phone tomorrow". So no cable and down on money due to my wife having to take day off work. And they didn't even bother to phone and keep us updated.

Can anybody give me one good reason why I shouldn't call and tell them to stick it?

I used to have Blueyonder where I lived before and it was superb.

Not happy :mad:

Give customer services a call tomorrow and when you get through to someone, before you get anywhere with them, ask for their name, extension and their team leader's name. Explain what happened and tell them about your financial loss and request that they compensate you appropriately. If they agree and you get nothing as a result, post back here and we'll give you some names, email/postal addresses, or telephone numbers of ntl's management who you can get in touch with.

It might be that the installers 'forgot' about you (inexcusable) or that they were delayed and couldn't get in touch with you, or even the person who originally took your order didn't pass the details on correctly. Whatever happened you should follow it through as far as possible, and take the name and extension number of everyone you speak to at ntl about this.

Luckily we have people like dezzo (above) who are willing to step in and try to help :)

Curio
20-06-2004, 09:21
Thanks guys.

I'm in Leamington Spa, Dezzo.

Is there anybody I can call today (Sunday?) as I happen to have a day off on Monday anyway, and think the least they could do now is put me first in line for an install. If not I'm either gonna have to wait another week or start losing more time from work. I really want to use NTL as they have a fantastic offer at the monent (free install, half-price for 3 months, etc) and don't really want to use a DSL provider as I can't get anything like as good a deal at the moment. But this isn't filling me with confidence :shocked:

Thanks again.

Mick
20-06-2004, 09:42
Hi Curio, :welcome:

Customer services are closed on a Sunday (I do not know why you was asked to call them today, as the customer service rep should of known that), so its best that you ring early tomorrow 0800 052 2000, this is if Dezzo or someone else from another location is unable to assist you. Let us know how you get on, If you do not get any satifaction going through these channels. I will PM you the relevant email address of the MD for your area. :)

Derek
20-06-2004, 10:05
Not my area but if no-one else is able to help give them a call tomorrow.

Marge
20-06-2004, 18:13
Not my area sorry

Curio
21-06-2004, 16:15
Well, what a farce.

Phoned Customer Support first thing this morning and was told the install had been re-scheduled at 7pm on Saturday night. Supposedly somebody should have phoned us or left a message, but that never happened. Worse, the install and been re-scheduled for this morning (Monday) between 9am-12pm. Only by pure luck did I have the day off today and my wife also happened to have the morning off. 99% of the time they would have turned up and found nobody home. So pretty poor show we thought, but still, at least it's happened this morning when we're both in.

Of course, that didn't happen. Got to 12:30 and no sign of them. Phoned up and suddenly the person we spoke to earlier (who claimed to be a senior CS person) had gone home and there was no record of the new appointment. They then tried to tell us there was no way they could send anybody out today and that the earliest we could have an install was Thursay. Obviously we went ballistic.

We were told a team leader would phone us back around 2:00pm. Surprise, surprise, got to 3:30pm and heard nothing. Phoned them and was told that person had gone home. Sigh. Spoke to another team leader.....who said this guy or herself hadn't been given any message to call and didn't have any info on our case whatsoever. So went through the whole sorry tale with her....again. She said the person who told us he was a "senior CS" person was nothing of the sort, didn't know who he was, and said she would investigate. She was very nice, but when I mentioned about compensation she was only willing to give us 1 month free rental, which frankly, doesn't even begin to cover it. She said she would have to talk to her superior. So now we're still waiting for more phone calls. I've also left a message with somebody higher up (thanks for info Mick) and I'm waiting to hear back from them.

I've never in my life had to deal with a company this bad. It's almost funny. But not quite.

More updates to follow......

dan_b
21-06-2004, 16:32
i mean ive been considering going with ntl for all 3 services, but ive gotta say im being put off!

Neil
21-06-2004, 16:46
<Snip>

You're right, it is nothing more than Keystone Cops!

If you want to give this company your hard earned cash, I can give you a number of someone high up if you PM me your postcode, if not my advice would be to not bother-that (in my experience) is fairly standard treatment where ntl are concerned. :td:

The old 'someone will call you back' gem....:dozey:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?p=239409#post239409

Curio
21-06-2004, 17:19
OK, things are getting a bit better. The Team Leader girl (not sure if I should mention actual names?) was very helpful and understanding and went away, talked to her boss, and they're trying to fit us in ASAP and have offered us SOME compensation as far as monthly rental goes. We're still thinking about cancelling as this has been such a nightmare.......but I'm going have a "meeting" with my boss (the wife) later to talk it over. Again, I'll keep you posed! ;)

Russ
21-06-2004, 17:38
Well, what a farce.

Phoned Customer Support first thing this morning and was told the install had been re-scheduled at 7pm on Saturday night. Supposedly somebody should have phoned us or left a message, but that never happened. Worse, the install and been re-scheduled for this morning (Monday) between 9am-12pm. Only by pure luck did I have the day off today and my wife also happened to have the morning off. 99% of the time they would have turned up and found nobody home. So pretty poor show we thought, but still, at least it's happened this morning when we're both in.

Oh what a surprise!! :grind:

We were told a team leader would phone us back around 2:00pm. Surprise, surprise, got to 3:30pm and heard nothing. Phoned them and was told that person had gone home.

Spoke to another team leader.....who said this guy or herself hadn't been given any message to call and didn't have any info on our case whatsoever. So went through the whole sorry tale with her....again. She said the person who told us he was a "senior CS" person was nothing of the sort, didn't know who he was, and said she would investigate.

I've never in my life had to deal with a company this bad. It's almost funny.

*cue the Laurel and Hardy theme.

Despite the best efforts of the employees who post here and the others who don't this just goes to show that the muppets are still at large in ntl. They might be in the minority but the fact they're there at all is annoying. This goes to show you must ALWAYS get the details of everyone you speak to at ntl, although in this case the muppet in question was determined to fob you off no matter what. OK so this probably goes on in any company but this IS a cable forum....

arcamalpha2004
23-06-2004, 11:31
It isnt bad enough that people do not get their appointments met, there seem to be people working at NTL who think they are managers!

In scenarios like the one mentioned, you just get the impression that whoever you're talking to at NTL is just sat there thinking " What's the problem ? you can take another day off, or not go and visit your sick relative at the hospital because we cannot keep appointments, and we cannot pass on information, and we have no record of that appointment,( even though they are recorded :D ).
Now, somebody defend a company that has an attitude like that, someones arse needs a serious kicking as they leave to pick up their p45.