PDA

View Full Version : Wanadoo not working?

Caspar
19-06-2004, 13:04
Does anyone know if Wanadoo are having problems? A friend is based in Sherborne on a BT ADSL line and is having problems connecting.

I've not been able to find a service status on Wanadoo's website.

Anyone heard of any problems?

goldoni
10-07-2004, 17:28
Is the grass greener at Wanadoo, I would say NO as they cantadoo. A mate of mine who lives in the outer reaches of Potton Nr Sandy would love to have NTL cable but the cable donââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t reach that far so we had a look at the best deal around and for his usage Wanadoo seemed to offer the best price £17.99 per moth with a 2Gb cap so he goes and orders it. Three days later the modem arrives so all is looking good, he sets it up and all goes well, but no connection and it reports it could take 10 working days to connect, he started Thursday evening all checked out ok apart from the LAN connection so he tried to phone Tech support and waited and waited hearing †œyour call is important to us but due to the high volume of calls it may take some timeââ‚ ¬Ã‚, like 45mins later and no answer, he has tried when most normal (none shift workers) are tucked up in bed, still no answer apart from the recorded voice as above. It would seem that Wanadoo Tech support is working flat out 24/7 So if you Wanadoo you canââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t, well for the moment. Anybody out there know how long it takes for BT to switch the line? I thought I read that BT had got it down to 2HRs for 3rd party ISPs???? :(:confused: