PDA

View Full Version : XBC help

Mark15
24-07-2003, 20:24
I want to play on XBC. But I don't have a router or a hub switch or even a NIC. My modem is connected via USB. And my XBL is on direct connect. Now i'm thik when it comes to the tech words so keep it dumbed down please. whats the best way for me to connect on XBC and how. Thank you

Mark15
24-07-2003, 20:30
I meant connection wise. plus I've tryed that site before and as I said i'm pretty thick so I can't undersand the tech talk. But thanks anyway Andre

Mark15
24-07-2003, 20:36
Thats amazing Jarandco gave me that site and stil nothing. :Lol: thanks Andre

Jarandco
24-07-2003, 21:12
Originally posted by Mark15
Thats amazing Jarandco gave me that site and stil nothing. :Lol: thanks Andre

same wavelength u see!:LOL: whats the problem now - i thought u said you wouldnt bother!

Tezcatlipoca
24-07-2003, 23:29
Originally posted by Mark15
I want to play on XBC. But I don't have a router or a hub switch or even a NIC. My modem is connected via USB. And my XBL is on direct connect. Now i'm thik when it comes to the tech words so keep it dumbed down please. whats the best way for me to connect on XBC and how. Thank you

AFAIK, there's no way you can use XBC with your current set-up.

Can't use XBC at all without having the PC, modem & XBox all connected in some way.

You need a hub or a router to plug the modem, PC, & XBox into -or- you need a NIC (or 2, if you ditch using USB for the modem) so you can use ICS.

Best bet, if you have £50 or so, is to get a router - then you can play XBC/XBL while also using the PC online.

Otherwise, get a NIC for the PC, & connect the XBox to the PC's NIC & set-up ICS (which would also let you use the XBox & PC online at the same time).