PDA

View Full Version : A few questions.

s0d
15-06-2004, 10:04
I've been with ntl on 600k for a year at the end of this month, and I'll be out of my contract and can finally switch to something better. Since having the cable installed, I've had no end of problems with no other response than "We'll send someone out" and "Reinstall your OS". They haven't sent anybody out, even after phoning a few times a day informing them that I've taken days off work for nothing.

I've decided to go the ADSL route, but there's a shed load of options out there. Before signing up with ntl I was on AOL's 56k service for the best part of 2 years and I had no problems whatsoever, can the same be said about their ADSL services? Are there any better deals?

In general I'd like something that comes with free setup & modem, and the fastest possible for around £30 - AOL has this and it's looking pretty good. What's the general opinion on their service, and are there any deals around the same price and quality of AOL's? Also, if I go with AOL does the ADSL modem include an ethernet connection, as I need one for my router?

Thanks in advance, s0d.

skyblueheroes
15-06-2004, 10:29
Don't read this Bifta :D

I have been with Pipex for a year now and had no probs. Superb.

They have just extended their range to include 150k, 256k, 512k, 1mb and I think 1.5mb+. The 150 starts at £15.99 a month. No set up, and free modem.

Check out their site.........

http://www.solo.pipex.net/

s0d
17-06-2004, 02:37
Hmm, AOL seems more tempting at the moment. What fees are involved concerning switching phone number & getting it ADSL enabled?

Thanks.

skyblueheroes
17-06-2004, 08:38
Hmm, AOL seems more tempting at the moment. What fees are involved concerning switching phone number & getting it ADSL enabled?

Thanks.

None. Thats part of the the free set up gimmick.