PDA

View Full Version : no mail and slow browsing in belfast

bigsinky
14-06-2004, 22:27
this has been ongoing now for about a week. i have check the server status page and the email problems seems to have been fixed. the browsing speeds are woeful, slower than dial up atm. anyone shed any light on the current belfast situation. its bad enough paying £34.99 for a 1meg service without having all these probs. do you think NTL will refund me my subs for the days that i had a bad service??

cheers

big sinky

Oh BTW i have changed proxies as well to no avail. :mad:

Chris W
14-06-2004, 22:33
Have you spoken to t/s about it? have you been told about known problems in the belfast error?

If you haven't spoken to t/s you have next to no chance of getting any money back.

Can you run the blueyounder speed test and post back the results and what error are you getting on the email?

MB

bigsinky
15-06-2004, 00:33
this is the mail message

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK 6958 octets', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

cheers

big sinky

hoggyspuds
15-06-2004, 00:37
No probs here Sinky...In the g-gormley area. Btw, have they not upped the price? :Yikes:

bigsinky
15-06-2004, 00:44
must be me then. i knew that installing the sp2 for xp was going to be a mistake. feck me service packs are supposed to help matters not make them worse. will contact ntl in the morning to see if there are any problem in my area. thanks for the reponses.

cheers

big sinky

hoggyspuds
15-06-2004, 00:48
Take tomorrow off work.....you'll need it........3 hours being passed from pillar to post...Don't envy you....lol

nate
15-06-2004, 03:57
Sinky, are you running Norton AV?

Get this all the time on the dialup support desk, theres a prob with Norton 2000/1/2/3/4

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2001060516275506

Follow the details (disable email scanning, restart the computer, enable email scanning) then try it again. Should be ok then.

On the browsing speeds, contact technical support (0845 650 0121), it may be a single user issue (ie. ur signal strenth has dropped), and it aint gonna get fixed until you report it.

ps. XP SP2 is excellent for me, best beta I ever installed, made my wireless connections so much better (and easier to manage) than they were.

ynwa
15-06-2004, 13:49
Been fine recently here in North Belfast.