PDA

View Full Version : panorama: the misunderstanding of muslims..

kronas
14-06-2004, 00:18
just caught this by chance.

the program basically went in to detail of how women muslims are prejudiced because of wearing the hijab, and how it signals thier own self identity as muslims from a differing culture, the reason that culture is there is because of their background not because of the non intergration unwillingness, even in schools, colleges, there seems to mass confusion over 'why' people are wearing differing clothing, even freindships seemed to be based around white with white black with black, not all but a vast majority, the reason for this is not because modern muslims do NOT want to intergrate but the communication levels are too varied, behavioral and other such related diffarences are the real reasons for the seperation, even a governer (who was white) at a blackburn college conceded that he did not have close relationships with black people because 'they lead differing lives'

i have first hand experiance of this and i agreed with the panorama program as mixing in with diffarent people it IS harder for me to intergrate with black people than white.

the program also went on to mention how the police are still 'abusing' muslims, one such case a person who was 'raided' never charged or had anything taken from his home was kneeled over in a prayer position and told 'where is your god now' and proceeded to harm him with the handcuffs that were around his wrists.........

two councillors also metioned in the report were canvassing, one won a seat last year who was a BNP member the other was an independent, the BNP member got in, although this year he too ran as an independent and failed to get a seat both of them made comments such as "they come here and dont want to intergrate" "we want to protect ourselves from what they bring over here"

its these types of misguided individuals that pray on peoples ignorances.......

it also breifly mentioned on what 'jihad' means and how media manipulation gives 'spin' to the word when it means a variety of things in Islam....

Steve H
14-06-2004, 00:22
Whilst agreeing with the majority of your thread, I tend to disagree when it comes to the subject of Police abusing muslims.

The only reason this comes to light is because of the whole 'racism' scene. Thousands of people are maltreated by the Police, even moreso than Muslims.. so that can't really be used as a factor of people abusing, or misunderstanding muslims.

kronas
14-06-2004, 00:32
The only reason this comes to light is because of the whole 'racism' scene. Thousands of people are maltreated by the Police, even moreso than Muslims.. so that can't really be used as a factor of people abusing, or misunderstanding muslims.

neither the report or i even said there was a link to misunderstandings of muslims or police, it (the report) was highlighting that
maltreatment of muslims
was still going on, the fact that they put him in the prayer position and did that to him shows that they 'knew' what they were doing.