PDA

View Full Version : Best Games on Live

MovedGoalPosts
23-07-2003, 22:51
When X-Box was launched, it soon became clear that Halo was the "must have" game and a prime reason for buying an X-Box.

Live launched some time ago, but it is not clear to me that there is a "must play on live" game in the way that Halo created demand. OK so eventually Halo 2 will be released, no doubt fully Live enabled.

Meantime, what game should I be buying that makes best use of Live and will entice me to subscribe? Indeed, is it really worth subscribing at present, especially when I'm c**p and will probably just be cannon fodder?

Nb. best to ask somewhere like here and get genuine feedback from end use gamers, rather than self opinionated magazine reviews.

Tezcatlipoca
23-07-2003, 22:53
IMO, Return to Castle Wolfenstein is currently the best game for playing on XBL, closely followed by Midtown Madness 3 & Soldier of Fortune 2 (& apparently Midnight Club 2, though I haven't played that).

Other good XBL enabled games coming soon:

Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Counterstrike

and more...

MovedGoalPosts
23-07-2003, 22:58
Originally posted by Andre
It really depends on what type of 'genre' of game you like really (Driving/RPG/FPS, etc)

Yep should have given a clue there I suppose :shrug:

Enjoyed Halo (obvioulsy), even though it took forever to get to the end and there's no way I can survive on Heroic let alone Legondary!
Quite liked Project Gotham, & Rallisport Challenge, but can't quite work out how to steer.
Oddly I even enjoyed Bloodwake (but still cant quite work out how to finsih it on the easy setting)
Tried Dead or Alive, but haven't got a clue what I'm supposed to do so gave up.I did say I was c**p :eek:

Caspar
23-07-2003, 23:23
In addtion to what Tez says...there's

Ghost Recon
Unreal Championship
MechAssault

See XBOX.com/Live (http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/Games/Live-GamesList.htm) for a full list of XBOX Live enabled games.

Mark15
24-07-2003, 00:18
I recommend

Ghost Recon
Return To Castle Woflenstein
Midtown Madness 3
NFL 2K3
Phantasy Star Online (if you don't mind paying £6 a month)

to say some games that are out now. And for the future

Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Conkers Live and Uncut
Halo 2 (it has to be here)
Counter Strike X
Project Gotham Racing 2
Top Spin Tennis

There are games for everyone on Live and I've named games for every taste. I hope that helps

ToM
24-07-2003, 00:21
whats Top Spin Tennis gonna be like?

i noticed when i bought my xbox that there is no good tennis games on the xbox, and i love em. hope its a good one

Mark15
24-07-2003, 00:23
Its gonna be better than Virtua tennis and its gonna be on live. It will use XSn Sports program to. I can't be bothered to say what it is so go here. www.xbox.com/xsnsports

ToM
24-07-2003, 00:27
Looks Good!

that link didnt work but i went to the top spin site instead, career mode sounds detailed, cant wait

Top Spin (http://www.xbox.com/topspin/)

Mark15
24-07-2003, 00:30
there I changed the link www.xbox.com/xsnsports

Mantrid
24-07-2003, 08:27
Ghost Recon is the game that I've probably played the most and it has loads of reply value on Live. That was until lag ruined it of course.

SoF2 is the game I play most now on Live until Ghost Recon IT arrives.

Doctor E
24-07-2003, 08:46
Originally posted by Mantrid
That was until lag ruined it of course.

So what happened there, Mantrid? Was it non-laggy and then something was changed? I find about 30% of the games I join have lag. :(

Nige.

Boom
24-07-2003, 09:53
Stopped playing (and eventually sold) GR after the patch which screwed the lobby system. Still got 5 good months out of it. Just hope a lot of things have been fixed in GR : IT.

Originally posted by Mantrid
Ghost Recon is the game that I've probably played the most and it has loads of reply value on Live. That was until lag ruined it of course.

SoF2 is the game I play most now on Live until Ghost Recon IT arrives.

ic14
24-07-2003, 12:25
My fave game on Lives RTCW, then PSO and then SoF 2.
Although im starting to play Unreal again!

Boom
24-07-2003, 17:39
You know Tetris Worlds Online will 0wn! :LOL:

NEONKNIGHT
24-07-2003, 18:29
Now one has mentioned MotoGP2 - the best LiVE enabled racing game so far!!! A worthy addition to anyone's collection if you like racing games that is.;)

ic14
24-07-2003, 18:30
Originally posted by NEONKNIGHT
Now one has mentioned MotoGP2 - the best LiVE enabled racing game so far!!! A worthy addition to anyone's collection if you like racing games that is.;)
Im getting that in around about 2 weeks. See you on it?

NEONKNIGHT
24-07-2003, 18:37
Count on it IC - great game ;)

NEONKNIGHT
27-07-2003, 13:36
According to the magazine XBM the Top Five On LiVE are as follows:-

1. Return To Castle Wolfenstein (players: 2-16) "Play as soldier, medic, engineer or lieutenant in this team-based FPS"

2. MotoGP2 (players: 2-16) "Just about the best online racing experience to be had."

3. Ghost Recon (players: 2-8) "This is serious; tactical first-person shooting at its finest."

4. Unreal Championship (players: 2-16) "Fast, classic online deathmatch shooting fun."

5. Phantasy Star Online (players: 4) "The only online RPG worth playing on any console."

ic14
27-07-2003, 13:50
I agree with all of them!
Even though i dont have MotoGP 2 yet, i know its a good game from a demo i played in GAME

Mark15
27-07-2003, 13:59
my top 5 should be

1) RTCW
2) GR
3)NFL2K3
4)MM3
5)PSO