PDA

View Full Version : Email password problem

2old4this
08-06-2004, 20:49
Hi

I have the above problem when go to check my email it says incorrect password anyone else have the same problem?

Chris W
08-06-2004, 20:50
MSS7 is down... try to login to webmail (http://webmail.ntlworld.com/ )

if you get login failed, unable to connect to message store then this is your problem

M35A2C
08-06-2004, 21:26
although you could go here http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceStatus/
and you'll see that email is down nationwide at the moment which could also be the problem. i.e. webmail doesn't work either ! :mad:

2old4this
08-06-2004, 21:35
Hopefully averything should be up and running

Anyone know how to find my password as i have never had this problem it saved on my pc

Paul
08-06-2004, 21:38
and you'll see that email is down nationwide at the moment which could also be the problem. i.e. webmail doesn't work either ! :mad:

That message refers to the problem of the failed MSS - which annoyingly is the one I use.

MetaWraith
08-06-2004, 21:41
It's an easy 2 step process.

1) Get to the account properties dialog and the username/password settings
2) Use a little prog called Asterwin (Looks behind the asterisks)
free from http://nirsoft.cjb.net

Chris W
08-06-2004, 21:42

not everybody's email is down at the moment... only one of the message storage servers down. People on the other ones should be ok.

2old4this
09-06-2004, 02:13
its up and running now

mazolauk
09-06-2004, 07:31
Hmmm....it's still down for me . I'm in Lincoln.

swoop101
09-06-2004, 08:11
3 of 7 of my accounts are rejecting passwords as well, the others are ok.

The webmail for these 3 is out as well.

Pompey1
09-06-2004, 08:14
It's down for me in Gosport as well. :confused:

poolking
09-06-2004, 09:10
Before I left home, I was getting mail storage services not available through Outlook.

edit: Just another thought, all of you who are ranting and raving about loosing emails, how much of a hardship is it to download your emails then save them to your hard drive? Especially really important ones.

Then you come up with excuses why you don't want to download your emails to your computer.

If emails are important then back them up, no excuses!!

swoop101
09-06-2004, 09:32
Just another thought, all of you who are ranting and raving about loosing emails, how much of a hardship is it to download your emails then save them to your hard drive?

It is usualy not a case of that, it is a case of not being able to get the bloody things at all. I have viewed messages on webmail while away from home and then when I have gone to download them at home they have gone, or turn up 2 - 3 weeks later.

So keep your snotty thoughts to yourself. :mad:

Pompey1
09-06-2004, 09:35
It's not to much of a problem retrieving old emails it's checking for new ones that's the problem, poolking.

poolking
09-06-2004, 09:54
I'm hearing the same complaints time after time, people loosing old emails when the server keels over. So sorry if my thoughts sound snotty, but I'm getting fed up of hearing the same excuses time after time.

Pompey1 some are complaining of loosing existing emails not getting new ones.

Also wasn't stated earlier this year that NTL will delete emails off the server after 90 days if they are not downloaded?

You can kick off at me all you like, but NTL can only do so much, its down to us to ensure that we back up our emails incase of failure and keeping important emails on NTL servers is asking for trouble.

So as long as the same diatribes keep coming out, I'll continue with my own diatribe in response, heck, I've even thought of saving this to a seperate file and cutting and pasting it because of how many times I've posted similar things.

I'm not here to make enemies just speaking my opinions on matters.

So flame you all you like, neg rep me all you like, I will not keep my thoughts to myself, if I have something to say then I will say it.

Paul
09-06-2004, 09:58
edit: Just another thought, all of you who are ranting and raving about loosing emails, how much of a hardship is it to download your emails then save them to your hard drive? Especially really important ones.

Then you come up with excuses why you don't want to download your emails to your computer.

If emails are important then back them up, no excuses!!

A little harsh don't you think ?

poolking
09-06-2004, 10:12
A little harsh don't you think ?
Not really when the same issues have come around again and the same excuses being given for not saving emails incase of a server failure. Time to stop pussyfooting around.

We are all aware NTL have had more problems than what is tolerable, but NTL can only do so much.

If we have important information that we don't want to loose, what do we do? We back the data up, so the same should apply to important emails.

Talking about myself here, I would never leave important emails on a webmail account, I would always download them, at the first opportunity I would get once service has been restored, if I hadn't had chance to download before a system failure.

AdeRickus
09-06-2004, 21:06
I think the point everyone is trying to make is that WE, NTL customers, pay NTL engineers to fix the problems on the network WE pay for. Unfortunatelly, WE actually seem to be paying THEM to fail to fix these problems time and time again. Do you pay for any other service which has repeatidly failed for over 12 months.

On the other hand I get my emails from http://www.oneandone.co.uk

£10.99 a year for 30 or 50 meg mailboxes, cant remember which

and £1.99 for .co.uk domains, can't grumble, but it comes to a point that I have to pay for something that somebody else Im paying to do the job can't do it right,

Not really impressive,

2old4this
12-06-2004, 04:04
Looks like the problem is back again

Paul
12-06-2004, 12:56
Looks like the problem is back again

Yep.

paulyoung666
12-06-2004, 12:59
not here it aint :)

Moox
12-06-2004, 14:31
No problems here either, I guess Teesside is more fortunate than most :)

paulyoung666
12-06-2004, 14:51

at least at the mo :D :D :D

2old4this
16-06-2004, 11:19
got email problem again come on NTL sort it out for good

Heed
16-06-2004, 13:49

Not entirely. My email has been crapping out regularly for well over a week. I just received a mail today that was sent exactly one week ago -- that's June 9th.

I'm not sure if particular mail servers are designated by region -- it would seem not.

Some bloke
20-06-2004, 16:33
My password has been rejected every time I've tried to access my email either by POP or webmail since late Wednesday evening. I've tried contacting ntl twice using the online form at http://www.ntlhome.com/contact/generic/customer.asp, but I receive an undeliverable notification as soon as the form is submitted.

I was originally an off-net customer but returned to BT about 18 months ago now, so I'm not an ntl subscriber as such in any sense. Is it possible that they've simply terminated my email account? I've had password problems before, but never for anywhere near this long, and it seems tht everyone else's access issues were solved earlier in the week (when mine was working fine). Do I have any choice but to contact them on their extortionate £1/min tech support line?

Strangely enough, I have exactly the same problem with my Freeserve account (which I only check very occasionally as I hardly ever receive mail on it), except it's 6 months since I left them and their site is much more helpful than ntl's, informing me specifically that the account has been locked either due to expiration or breach of T&Cs, and giving a specific email adddress and phone number for contact. It all seems very suspicious to me, I wasn't even aware that ISPs had expiration periods on their email accounts and would have made arrangements long ago if I had known, but since that would require informing tens of people and updating almost as many websites, I thought it wiser to stick with ntl.

Any advice on what could be wrong and where to proceed from here would be greatly appreciated.

Chris W
20-06-2004, 16:44
If the dial up account hasn't been accessed (ie dialed up to) in 90days it may have been disconnected. pm your email address, postcode and housenumber and i will have a check in work tomorrow.

oh and btw :welcome: to the site :wavey:

MB

Some bloke
20-06-2004, 18:06
If the dial up account hasn't been accessed (ie dialed up to) in 90days it may have been disconnected. pm your email address, postcode and housenumber and i will have a check in work tomorrow.Closer to 90 weeks since I dialed up :)

Have sent you the PM - thanks very much for your help and your friendly greeting :)

banjo
25-06-2004, 18:36
e-mail down again, hey ho.