PDA

View Full Version : Sneak 1Mb Broadband Price Increase?

distortal
21-06-2003, 13:04
OK, to bring a potentially interesting thread over, here's my last interesting post on the subject from the .com here (http://www.nthellworld.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43046) (note also that the subject is now a questions, as nobody really seems to know what's going on :) ):

--------

Sorry for the long time since my last post, but with the recent proxy problems I couldn't get on, and it was too darned hot to go through the list on Robin's site finding a working one.

No this isn't a windup on my part, I received a bill that said 31 days at £1.17. The explanation for the £1.17 was that it was £34.99 divided by 30 days, and so an extra day was added on.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/r.monks/bill.jpg

As for changing tiers partway through a month - why has this only just shown up? Prior to this bill I have three that say "Full period charge, £34.99", and a 600Kb service bill before that, so this is actually my fourth 'full period' bill, with a 'switchover' bill before that.

matty4donna
21-06-2003, 13:32
huh just get them to credit the next bill although its only £1.27 over lol!

poolking
22-06-2003, 09:54
I love it when I get my phone bill from NTL, when they debit my account for 15p. :)

bo-peep
22-06-2003, 10:56
i upgraded to the 1MB this week so hopefully my next bill will ok.they were going to cut me off for an underpayment of 15p.their cock up of course.

distortal
22-06-2003, 11:55
Still waiting on Sharon B (CLT?) to get back to me. I gave her my accout no. and she couldn't find it. Erk!

Russ
22-06-2003, 11:56
Give her til tomorrow evening, if you get nowhere with it, give one of the team a shout.

distortal
27-06-2003, 11:54
Well this is getting weirder.

Sharon B has been looking into it and, apparently, I have been receiving a discount on my bills of £10pm which has recently come to an end. The problem is, nowhere on any of my previous three 1Mb cable bills does it mention any kind of discount - they're all £34.99 per month plus £1 for Caller Display plus £9.50 for Line Rental plus call charges.

Mark JL from CLT got customer service to advise on your account and it appears that you had been given a promotion - £10 discount per month which has just come to an end . This in turn put the pro rata billing charges onto your bill, should be fine as from the following month but have been advised that there is a credit of 11 pence that will appear on your next bill also from this. Hope this helps

So *now* I'm concerned that I'm going to somehow be paying £10 more per month from my next bill - what the hell is going on here?

Ben
27-06-2003, 11:57
Find your old bills and give proof you have been paying 34.99 a month and having no £10 discount.

It should be stated on the older bills if there was any discount I would of thought.