PDA

View Full Version : Beer

Jerrek
23-07-2003, 14:36
*sigh* I'm at work, and I'm thinking and dreaming about...

Download Failed (1)

Ramrod
23-07-2003, 16:30
Well I hope that Canadians can brew better than the yanks.
I stay well clear of US beers....gnats wee, dunno why they bother brewing them:confused:

nogger
23-07-2003, 16:33
I'm on my third can of Stella. :beer:

I'm on holiday. I don't care. :drunk:

paulyoung666
23-07-2003, 16:51
Originally posted by Ramrod
Well I hope that Canadians can brew better than the yanks.
I stay well clear of US beers....gnats wee, dunno why they bother brewing them:confused:

whats wrong with budweiser or are you a twigs and sticks man ;)

Richard M
23-07-2003, 16:56
Miller Genuine Draft (bottled) is the nicest beer ever to drink and it's from the US.

gazzae
23-07-2003, 17:01
Originally posted by Jerrek
*sigh* I'm at work, and I'm thinking and dreaming about...

http://home.cogeco.ca/~johannj/net_stuff/IAM2.jpg

AAAAHHHH Molson Canadian!

I remember when I was in Canada, drinking Molson, went over the border to Buffalo ordered the same beer, it tasted like water cause the american version of Canadian was so much weaker.

paulyoung666
23-07-2003, 17:03
coors isnt bad either , sod it i dont care what it is as long as it has got ALCOHOL in it :p
sorry edit that , except newcastle brown ale , i love the stuff but it makes me do some very very very strange things :spin:

Ramrod
23-07-2003, 18:04
Originally posted by paulyoung666
whats wrong with budweiser or are you a twigs and sticks man ;)
If you compare the US Bud to the real Czech Bud you will understand.

Ramrod
23-07-2003, 18:05
Originally posted by Roger K
Miller Genuine Draft (bottled) is the nicest beer ever to drink and it's from the US. You are entitled to your opinion :rolleyes: :D

Mark W
23-07-2003, 18:08

very true.....those czech hops gods also had a winner with starpromnen :tu:

Ramrod
23-07-2003, 18:26
Originally posted by Mark W
very true.....those czech hops gods also had a winner with starpromnen :tu: and Pilsner Urquell (the best beer in the world:D

Jerrek
23-07-2003, 19:04
I hate Heinekin, and I hate Pilsner. I love Moosehead, and I love Sleemans'. :)

paulyoung666
23-07-2003, 19:55

so budwar is real budweiser is not , is that what you are saying :confused: :confused: :confused:
sorry but i thought they were 2 different products :confused: again :p

Tricky
23-07-2003, 20:03
They most certainly are two different products and i'd recommend anyone to do the taste test...Miller draft ain't bad, wheres micholob from that's nice

Tricky
23-07-2003, 20:15
Mmmm talk of beer make tricky thirsty runs off to fridge finds bud (usa) brewed in UK (yes there is a difference between the UK & USA model! - remembers it was on special at W***rack

O well only another 18 bottles to go...

paulyoung666
23-07-2003, 20:19
Originally posted by Tricky
Mmmm talk of beer make tricky thirsty runs off to fridge finds bud (usa) brewed in UK (yes there is a difference between the UK & USA model! - remembers it was on special at W***rack

O well only another 18 bottles to go...

agree there usa bud is better than uk bud , i wonder if it is the water ????????
a few years ago i went to a car rally in norfolk , it was held on a us airforce base , they were serving up genuine us bud in 330ml tins , ice cold , was it good , you betya , i didnt sober up for 2 days :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin:

Bifta
23-07-2003, 20:35
No-one's mentioned Harp :( You just can't whack it over here.

Tricky
23-07-2003, 20:38
Originally posted by Bifta
No-one's mentioned Harp :( You just can't whack it over here.

Never seen it in English pubs, very nice in Belfast though...

Bifta
23-07-2003, 20:47
There are a couple in England where you can get it, normally the more skanky pubs but it just doesn't taste the same.

paulyoung666
23-07-2003, 20:48
Originally posted by Tricky
Never seen it in English pubs, very nice in Belfast though...

you can get it in the north east ;)

Ramrod
25-07-2003, 15:19
Originally posted by paulyoung666
so budwar is real budweiser is not , is that what you are saying :confused: :confused: :confused:
sorry but i thought they were 2 different products :confused: again :p Yes they are two different products. The yanks nicked the name from the Czechs (and tried to stop them from using it as well:afire: )

Ramrod
25-07-2003, 15:20
Yes they are two different products. The yanks nicked the name from the Czechs (and tried to stop them from using it as well:afire: )
I am upset that they have the cheek to call that gnats wee of a beer the same name as such a good one:mad:

danielf
25-07-2003, 15:37
Yes they are two different products. The yanks nicked the name from the Czechs (and tried to stop them from using it as well:afire: )

Don't they use the same yeast or so as well. I don't know the details, but I thought the similarity went further than the name...

Ramrod
25-07-2003, 16:43
Originally posted by danielf
Don't they use the same yeast or so as well. I don't know the details, but I thought the similarity went further than the name... Possibly, I don't know, but it doesn't extend as far as the taste:D

Taf
25-07-2003, 17:24
There was a lot of litigation flying around when Bud (US) tried to stop the real Budvar being sold in the US. I think they were afraid that people would realise they had been ripped off for taste, body, colour and aroma for years.

We in the UK are being totally ripped off with "import" beers too, as most are just produced in the UK "under licence" to the "UK taste" ... ie weak and fizzy. As long as youngsters continue to pay for the bad copies we'll continue to be ripped off.

A quick glance around the shelves in most supermarkets will show another rip-off too... UK brewed bottled beers at over £3 a litre... and bottles of Grolsch marked as "half price" but still over £3 a litre.

I'm a real ale man myself... Brains Dark and S.A. top the list.