PDA

View Full Version : Connection gone after being cut-off, what?

Aff
23-07-2003, 11:22
Hi there,

a few days before my upgrade to 600k from 150k. however, the last time i was on the net was about a month ago. just before i got cut-off because ntl decided i was not good for the money.

well i was but they had been sending me invoices which weren't collected as i thought by direct debit, hence the end was nigh.

anyway, that was resolved, all three lights were back on my cable modem (usb) yet i can't get a connection. nothing has changed, just the computer hasn't been on for a month and previously i lost my connection by being cut-off.

i'm wondering what to check. my abilities with computers are pretty bad so please state all obvious things too.

i promise i will get with the total tech world properly asap!!

Ben
23-07-2003, 11:36
Hi :)

First of all I think you should reboot both Cable Modem and Machine.

So.

Power down your machine
Power down your Cable Modem
Power both back up

Allways worth doing the simple things first ;) (thats if you havn't allready) :D

Aff
24-07-2003, 11:02
oh dear, powered own and back up and still no go. it tried to find something/anything but comes up as the usual error/can't find screen.

anyway, i think my comp-uter can't find the cable modem anymore even though it says in devices it's all working etc.

in the internet connections it's not noted as the connection device. nothing is. could this be it?

if so, how do i get my computer to 'find' the modem. it knows it's theire because in devices it's shown working. just can't find it in the right place and i don't know how to locate it.

thanx

if no help i'm destined for.....................customer service hell!!!!!

Aff
24-07-2003, 14:10
resolved. wrong usb port. someone changed it!! who i don't know....me???