PDA

View Full Version : 256k service for £12.99 !

MovedGoalPosts
01-06-2004, 10:30
Reproduced from Press Release I have received:

Broadband price war set to ignite with a sizzling summer offer Telewest Broadband launches cheapest broadband internet in the UK

Telewest Broadband is set to ignite a broadband price war when it slashes the price of its entry-level 256k blueyonder broadband internet service this month to just £12.99.

The offer, which is available to consumers signing up to its Talk Unlimited telephone package throughout June, is set to be a sure fire hit with people looking for a good excuse to jump on the broadband wagon.

Customers signing up to Talk Unlimited will have the option to take blueyonder broadband 256k for just £12.99 a month for their first year and also take advantage of free installation - a saving of £110.

Mick
01-06-2004, 11:06
Also looks like they are offering new customers who sign up to the 750K, 1.5MB and 3MB service, the first month Free. :eek:

http://www.telewest.co.uk/html/internet/internet.htm

MovedGoalPosts
01-06-2004, 11:10
Put's house up for sale and looks to buy one in a Telewest area. After all they seem to be much the better cable co.

Neil
01-06-2004, 14:21
After all they seem to be much the better cable co.
They are.

I really feel sorry for the current TW customers if ntl manage to get their hands on them-it will be like the ex C&W areas all over again.....:(

gooner4life
17-09-2004, 21:03
They are.

I really feel sorry for the current TW customers if ntl manage to get their hands on them-it will be like the ex C&W areas all over again.....:(

Its not NTL that causes the problem more the shoddy cabling laid by the previous companies in each area.

I live in an ex C&W area and our network is fantastic because Bell Cablemedia and Jones cable invested a lot into it.

NTL are improving believe me.

orangebird
20-09-2004, 12:01
They are.

Yep, cos I'm sure every Telewest single customer is thrilled with their service... :)

and PS - the 256K service has a cap of 750Mb a day.....

MovedGoalPosts
20-09-2004, 12:13
Yep, cos I'm sure every Telewest single customer is thrilled with their service... :)

and PS - the 256K service has a cap of 750Mb a day.....

Ah capping stuff again. Done that all to death, but, in useage and time online terms, for an entry level service, I don't think that's unreasonable. On the other hand, I thought Telewest were against capping in principle :confused:

ian@huth
20-09-2004, 12:21
It only appears to be a limited time offer for new customers taking up the Talk Unlimited service and it only saves them £5 per month for a 256k service capped at 750Mb. TW 256k service is normally £17.99 if taken with another TW service, otherwise it is £19.99.

NTL have had better offers such as free base pack TV or free dial-up internet for a year when subscribing to the telephone service with Talk Unlimited and free installation. My daughter took up this offer with NTL but wanted broadband so they gave her £10 per month off for the first year.

Seems like the NTL offer was far better than the Telewest one is. :)