PDA

View Full Version : mcdonalds is evil

kronas
23-07-2003, 01:21
thats what the reverend john wright says in a gloucestershire parish magazine

"But Satan created McDonald's. And McDonald's brought forth the double cheeseburger. And McDonald's said to Man 'You want fries with that?' And Man gained pounds," says the article which is written in the style of the Bible's Old Testament

mcdonalds insists it is not the work of the devil

lol its evil all these fast food places are evil!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=74375&command=displayContent&sourceNode=73927&contentPK=6459064

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mark W
23-07-2003, 01:30
having worked there for a shot while myself, i can indeed confirm that mcD's is truly the cesspool of satan :erm:

dieselking
23-07-2003, 01:46
I know this is off topic to this thread but

Why is it that McD food never fills u up? U buy a burger & after earing it, u feel twice as hungry as u did before. I know a couple who went to Mcd for a kiddies party, had a meal there & on the way home they felt so hungry, they went to a chip shop for fish & chips

kronas
23-07-2003, 02:00
they give you too little for what you pay for a premium price but not much there to eat

Jerrek
23-07-2003, 03:57
Well, McDonald's and other fast food tend to be ... unhealthy. White bread doesn't fill you up. The burgers don't really fill me up either. The fries are OK though.

One thing I've noticed when I visited England is that your drinks are so, err, small.

Our large coke is 1.25 L, and our small is 0.5 L.

Your super-size is 0.75 L and your regular (small) is 0.25 L. In fact, your large coke is 0.5 L, which is equivalent to our small one...

Eh.

bob_a_builder
23-07-2003, 08:20
One thing I've noticed when I visited England is that your drinks are so, err, small.
That's how we as a nation manage to stay so slim (relatively) compared to the North Americans

Russ
23-07-2003, 08:26
Originally posted by Jerrek

Try the drinks in Wales, ours aren't so small :)

zoombini
23-07-2003, 09:14
I think Bob has hit the nail on the head there.

Also "we" as a nation do not consume as much (quantity wise) in our fast food drinks.

I put it down to the weather, with the temperature being far lower we tend to lose less body fluid (sweat less) during the day & hence do not need to drink as much.

Scarlett
23-07-2003, 09:23
Well, McDonald's and other fast food tend to be ... unhealthy. White bread doesn't fill you up. The burgers don't really fill me up either. The fries are OK though.

Our large coke is 1.25 L, and our small is 0.5 L.

Your super-size is 0.75 L and your regular (small) is 0.25 L. In fact, your large coke is 0.5 L, which is equivalent to our small one...

Eh.

What's all this talk about litre's :shrug:

I though a large drink was a pint and a small drink was a half pint:D

As for why you want more after eating, that's due to some of the chemicals in the food that cause you to continue to feel hungry. I think they supress the chemicals produced by you body to tell you that your full.

Stuart
23-07-2003, 10:36
From Kronas' article
The article, written by an unknown parishioner in Old Testament-style, also claims the TV remote control, fried potatoes and even the NHS are evil.

My underline in there BTW.

ROFLMAO...

I've heard the NHS called many things, but not usuall evil...

Stuart
23-07-2003, 10:41

Typical :rolleyes: .

The americans always have to go bigger than us..:D :Peaceman:

The Diplomat
23-07-2003, 10:52
Originally posted by scastle
Typical :rolleyes: .

The americans always have to go bigger than us..:D :Peaceman:

ermmmm. mate, he's in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I think they hate the Americans more than us!! ;)

As for mcdonalds - microwaved food just doen't do it for me.

Bifta
23-07-2003, 13:24
Originally posted by The Diplomat
As for mcdonalds - microwaved food just doen't do it for me.

Ah you're thinking of Burger King (unless McDonalds are doing it now too). Friend of mine was a manager at BK, apparently they stick the burgers on a conveyor belt, through the flamey thing that cooks them, take them out, stick them in a tin, then microwave them when the order comes through ... (ick)

TigaSefi
23-07-2003, 13:29
Lucky i don't eat either of them now.. I only get the McFlurries from McD's

zoombini
23-07-2003, 13:43
The only thing I get from either is the bill!

TigaSefi
23-07-2003, 13:57
Originally posted by zoombini
The only thing I get from either is the bill!

What u do there to attract the police ?

nh3com
23-07-2003, 14:09
microwave, beans Mmmmm

Jerrek
23-07-2003, 14:23
That's how we as a nation manage to stay so slim (relatively) compared to the North Americans
Correction... Americans... Canada doesn't exactly have that much of a problem.

The americans always have to go bigger than us..
Thats it! Go sit in the corner. Toronto is actually in Canada, believe it or not. :)

I think they hate the Americans more than us!!
Only the French and those with inferiority complexes have that sense of hatred. Most Canadians, err, those that are not immigrants, tend to side with our friends in the south. Our current government's actions of not supporting the United States isn't very popular. In fact, they're going to take a rather nasty beating.

I tend to like Wendy's myself. Their food is a little more expensive, but it is better IMHO. http://www.wendys.com And I usually drink orange juice or iced tea with my food, not coke. :)

kronas
23-07-2003, 15:04
Originally posted by bob_a_builder

i think you will find we have our own share of fat people in this country research has shown that obesity is a growing problem

Stuart W
23-07-2003, 15:09
To answer the "why am I hungry after McD's?" is reasonably simple...

Maccy D's contains mostly water. The 'burger', and I use this word in it's loosest term, is a "meat patty" which is processed meat with fat and water. The rest is good old MSG.

You will probably find a similar phenomenon with chinese food, as it is also very high in MSG and most dishes are heavily water based. (bean shoots, rice etc.)

Now, going back to Maccy D's for a bit...
The instisution breads bad health from start to finish. The food is not bad for you if you eat it rarely. (less than once a week). Today, all too many parents treat McDonalds like a 'helping hand' to feed their children without the parent having to prepare a meal or wash up afterwards. For those parents who are a little more thoughtfull, McDonalds try their hardest to keep "repeat custom".
Kids like the MaccyD's kids party. They go along, eat maccy's and have lots of fun. In the mean time, they are fed with lots of subliminal messages that MaccyD's = FUN and the food is more of a side line. Introduce the ever changing toy in the kids meal and you are on a winner!

Personaly, I like McDonalds food. But, I don't eat it often. A bit like mars bars. They are nice, but I woldn't want to live on them!

Jerrek
23-07-2003, 15:13
Agreed. Fast food is all about taste, like chocolate bars and candy. I think it has its place in society. I mean, there are the occasions where it is useful. I just think we should stop doing it twice a week. Or even once a week. It just isn't healthy.

However, their salads ain't bad. It actually looks healthy.

McDonald's does provide some good though. They employ thousands of high school students. Eh.

Mark W
23-07-2003, 15:14
i suggest you read Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser - scary stuff about the size of mcD's

The McDonalds corporation has become a powerful symbol of Americas service economy ....... responsible for 90% of the countrys new jobs

An estimated 1 in 8 workers in the US have at some stage worked in McDonalds.

McD's is the nations largerst purchaser of beef, pork and potatoes.

The Mcdonalds corporation is the largest owner of real estate in the world

The Golden Arches are now more widley recognised than the christian cross....

it goes on and on!

kronas
23-07-2003, 15:15
does not suprise me mark mc'ds is everywhere.........

Jerrek
23-07-2003, 15:16
I've read Fast Food Nation, and it is disturbing, but who gives a damn? It tastes good. And I am not dying because of it. Do you want to know the gory details of the pepperoni on your home made pizza? Or of the veal you're having?

Stuart W
23-07-2003, 15:19
Ahh, but a line must be drawn somewhere, after all, the most used phrase world wide is "O.K." followed in second place by "Coca Cola"!!

McDonalds just happen to be a damn successfull franchise.

I did 2 yrs management training with MaccyD's..... it's quite scary just how eficient they are! Mind you, one trip to the drive thru will show you that no matter how successfull the company, employing spotty fools at £3 per hour will lead to customers being pi$$ed off!!!!
How many times have you got the wrong order at the drive thru?

kronas
23-07-2003, 15:19
italian researchers claim eating pizza can have a reduced risk of developing oesophageal cancer by 59%

the risk of developing colon cancer also fell by 26% and mouth cancer by 34%, they claimed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3086013.stm

:shrug:

Mark W
23-07-2003, 15:22
I've read Fast Food Nation, and it is disturbing, but who gives a damn? It tastes good. And I am not dying because of it. Do you want to know the gory details of the pepperoni on your home made pizza? Or of the veal you're having?

Very true, in the end of the day, all that concerns me is 1) do i enjoy eating this and 2) is it gona give me serious health problems if if i DO eat it.

Like you said, if people knew how the bacon and sausages etc were made in their local supermarket theyd turn veggies overnight :D

Jerrek
23-07-2003, 15:23
How many times have you got the wrong order at the drive thru?
Never... Eh, you get the wrong order occasionally?

And don't get me started on drive throughs... Why the hell do we have braille on the buttons of our drive through ATMs? Download Failed (1)

homealone
23-07-2003, 15:27

Hi Jerrek

we don't tend to eat a lot of Veal in the UK, but I know what you mean about the pepperoni. :erm:
There has recently been new labelling regulations introduced here for meat products, which require "disclosure" of extra fat, gristle etc over & above the "natural proportion" for the meat used - but the regs don't apply to restaurants, etc, only retail sales.

But yeah if it tastes good & you don't overdo it, why not!:)

Stuart W
23-07-2003, 15:28
Download Failed (1)[/img]

Because ATM's are manufactured for the use of the visualy impaired as well as the seeing person. It would be more shocking that drive-thru ATM's didn't have brail as that would mean someone has gone to the expence of obtaining keys without brail.

BTW, are there any drive-thru ATM's in the UK?

Jerrek
23-07-2003, 15:31
Or regular ATMs, or at least some of them, don't have Braille... (some of them have touch screens which obviously can't have Braille)

TigaSefi
23-07-2003, 15:34
nope none at all in london. i used them when I holiday in the United States of America.

Stuart
23-07-2003, 15:42
Originally posted by Stuart W
Because ATM's are manufactured for the use of the visualy impaired as well as the seeing person. It would be more shocking that drive-thru ATM's didn't have brail as that would mean someone has gone to the expence of obtaining keys without brail.

BTW, are there any drive-thru ATM's in the UK?

Hopefully, the driver wouldn't need braille..

Stu038
23-07-2003, 17:13
quote:
The McDonalds corporation has become a powerful symbol of Americas service economy ....... responsible for 90% of the countrys new jobs

An estimated 1 in 8 workers in the US have at some stage worked in McDonalds.

McD's is the nations largerst purchaser of beef, pork and potatoes.

The Mcdonalds corporation is the largest owner of real estate in the world

The Golden Arches are now more widley recognised than the christian cross....

Interesting..........
If they're so big and popular why is it Burger King out in Kuwait and Iraq with the troops then? :D

carlingman
24-07-2003, 01:32
Well on the subject of Maccy Ds.

Any Welsh in the house ???

If you ever want to have Mac Ds again then dont read on.

Surely you must have heard this -

A woman went into her local Maccy Ds bought a Chicken Burger and ate some of it in the Car Park and it tasted off so she threw the Burger and the carton into the glove box.

Not long after, her mouth swelled up so off she popped to the Doctors who quickly diagnosed the problem, and then asked the woman how many sexual partners she had had in recent times - shock horror only one she replied.

Doctor was bemused by this after testing her regular partner who was clear, and looked into it further.

By luck or chance she had the offending item a Mcds that tasted really off which she still had the offending Chicken Burger etc.

When tested it contained not 1 but 3 traces of different semen.

The case is currently being pursued in the USA to avoid bad Publicity over here.

For those interested who live in in the Newport area the McDs in question has a rather large Tesco store right next to it and constantly advertising for staff.

:)

The Diplomat
24-07-2003, 01:49
Interesting.

My local mcd's had an identical problem with the milk shakes. :eek:

dieselking
24-07-2003, 02:06
Originally posted by carlingman
Well on the subject of Maccy Ds.

Any Welsh in the house ???

If you ever want to have Mac Ds again then dont read on.

Surely you must have heard this -

A woman went into her local Maccy Ds bought a Chicken Burger and ate some of it in the Car Park and it tasted off so she threw the Burger and the carton into the glove box.

Not long after, her mouth swelled up so off she popped to the Doctors who quickly diagnosed the problem, and then asked the woman how many sexual partners she had had in recent times - shock horror only one she replied.

Doctor was bemused by this after testing her regular partner who was clear, and looked into it further.

By luck or chance she had the offending item a Mcds that tasted really off which she still had the offending Chicken Burger etc.

When tested it contained not 1 but 3 traces of different semen.

The case is currently being pursued in the USA to avoid bad Publicity over here.

For those interested who live in in the Newport area the McDs in question has a rather large Tesco store right next to it and constantly advertising for staff.

omg That's sick. The poor woman, I'm bloody glad I've stopped eating McD food about 6 years ago. I love fast food but peferr stuff like pizza & fish & chips

bob_a_builder
24-07-2003, 08:18
ate some of it in the Car Park and it tasted off so she threw the Burger and the carton into the glove box.
Of course we all do that - I mean that wouldn't make the car stink to high heaven or anything !
Sound more like one of them thar urban myths to me - unless you've go a link to an online newspaper report to back it up

Stuart
24-07-2003, 10:32

While I wouldn't put it past McDonalds to bury this, I doubt they would go to the USA to fight it.

a) The publicity would be bad for them wherever it happened, and courts in this country can impose reporting restrictions which I don't think they can in America.

b) If they lose, they stand to lose a lot more money in the USA .

carlingman
26-07-2003, 20:09
Of course we all do that - I mean that wouldn't make the car stink to high heaven or anything !
Sound more like one of them thar urban myths to me - unless you've go a link to an online newspaper report to back it up

Firstly should have made it clearer in my original post, the woman concerned threw the carton into the glove box and visitied the Doctors the following morning hence why she happened to still have the offending item.

Although i guess you clean your car out every night.

Sorry to disappoint but it is not an Urban Myth as i actually work with someone who knows the person concerned who is currently prosecuting Maccy Ds.

I have myself even had a drink with someone who was in a senior position at the time and it is common knowledge around our town what went on as the manager and several of his colleagues all jumped ship before they were pushed.

As for why it being pursued in USA who knows.

As for posting a link to back it up afraid not on that score as it has as far as i know not been published in the local rag as the case is ongoing and wont be publised due to libel etc.

And in anycase i dont have to publish a link even if i had one, discussion forums would be a pretty dull place if everyone asked for a link to prove it etc. to back this up you believe it or you dont thats up to you as it makes no odds to me.

ntlrebel
26-07-2003, 20:14
Same old myth different company. :rolleyes: :p

kronas
26-07-2003, 20:16
Originally posted by ntlrebel
Same old myth different company. :rolleyes: :p

im guessing you have a canteen that serves food at the martix court whos to say they dont do the same there LOL :p

bob_a_builder
26-07-2003, 21:52
Although i guess you clean your car out every night.
No but then I don't stuff manky old food wrappers including food which is also apparently 'off' into the glove compartments or under the seats etc

urban myth <-> fact - I know which my money's on

Not exactly the 1st time this story has circulated is it <here> (http://urbanlegends.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.snopes2.com%2Fho rrors%2Ffood%2Fsemen.htm)

far as i know not been published in the local rag
Don't expect it ever will be either - mate !

if everyone asked for a link

Everyone didn't - I did

discussion forums would be a pretty dull place
If we keep on telling the same old tales

Go to go, theres an alien at the door- may be back soon

what do you mean you don't believe me

Stuart W
26-07-2003, 22:03
Having done my management training in Maccy D's (albeit some time ago) I'd like to know how this could be achieved.

Granted someone could "prepare themselves" in the toilet or whatever then mix "stuff" in with the mayo, but it would be damned hard to pull off (pardon the pun!) without the knowledge of more fellow workers.

When I managed my shift's peole washed their hands more often than they went to the toilet.

As for doing things "in situe", well, the mind boggles.... the entire kitchen is viewable by the customers in pretty much all Maccy D's.

Urban myth.

Now, I have to go, my mate has got me an EMP gun........

Stuart
26-07-2003, 23:23

Sorry to disappoint but it is not an Urban Myth as i actually work with someone who knows the person concerned who is currently prosecuting Maccy Ds.

You work with someone who knows this woman? How do you know they are telling the truth?

I have myself even had a drink with someone who was in a senior position at the time and it is common knowledge around our town what went on as the manager and several of his colleagues all jumped ship before they were pushed.

Is the restaurant still open? I would have thought Environmental Health would have closed it if there were evidence of this. They would also have taken McDonalds to court if needed.

As for why it being pursued in USA who knows.

As for posting a link to back it up afraid not on that score as it has as far as i know not been published in the local rag as the case is ongoing and wont be publised due to libel etc.

Surely if it is being tried in another country, and is true, then any Libel action McDonalds take out would fail? Also, as it would be tried in another country, I don't think the rules on publishing court proceedings in this country would apply.

And in anycase i dont have to publish a link even if i had one, discussion forums would be a pretty dull place if everyone asked for a link to prove it etc. to back this up you believe it or you dont thats up to you as it makes no odds to me.

Fair enough, most of us on here don't seem to post proof either..

Xaccers
26-07-2003, 23:44
Heard the same story, only about an Indian restaurant in Gosport.
Also heard about the guy who ordered a chicken burger without mayo, bit in, found white stuff he thought was mayo, took the burger back, got a plain one.
First burger was analysed and found to be puss from a cyst in the chicken.
Oh and then there was the one about why KFC changed its name: They don't use chicken, just some genetically modified chicken like creatures with no heads and fed through tubes.
Then I heard about the FBI looking into the source as it's suposedly caused so much loss in trade.

Back in the 70's there was a rumour going round that McD's mixed worms in with their buger meat.
No matter what McD's said, people and the press still pushed the story.
Then McD's pointed out that worms cost a heck of a lot more than burger meat, so it wouldn't make financial sense to mix the two.

etccarmageddon
27-07-2003, 00:07
yeah the cyst thing is an old urban myth - has been doing the rounds for years.

a mate told me this story about how one of his mates had eaten a mcdonalds burger and then bined it etc etc - told me this about 5 years ago. when I first heard it, I believed it too! doh!!!

Stuart W
27-07-2003, 00:32
I'm sure we've all heard about people spitting in burgers at pretty much all the fast food chains. But in reality, could you imagin how harsh tle penalties to comit such a hanus act?

You would inevitably be caught as all the fast food giants have such open kitchens and so many poorly paid staff that someone would see the culprit and act on it.

Now, what is scary is what hapens to pretty much all the meat we buy from supermarkets! We've all seen the chickens beeing 'bleached' because they are off.... or the rotten beef being mixed with good stuff for micemeat etc.
Ther eis a true horror storie for just about every foodstuff we consume. What's the point in making stuff like this up?

*YAWN* my EMP gun should be here soon, along with pictures of the UFO's that orchestrated 7-11. Oh, and Elvis should be round later tonight for a vegitarian curry.

Stuart
27-07-2003, 00:37

*YAWN* my EMP gun should be here soon, along with pictures of the UFO's that orchestrated 7-11. Oh, and Elvis should be round later tonight for a vegitarian curry.

Lol, do you mean they orchestrated a chain of conveniance stores, or did you mean 9/11?

Only joking..

Stuart W
27-07-2003, 00:53
lol!

Take yer pick!

bob_a_builder
27-07-2003, 01:02
Anyone seen Carlingman !

or has he been abducted by Aliens

Lets face it it'd be another first for McDonalds - Having 3, yes 3 members of staff in the same branch, mature enough to er- come up with the goods !

homealone
27-07-2003, 01:09
<snip>
Now, what is scary is what hapens to pretty much all the meat we buy from supermarkets! We've all seen the chickens beeing 'bleached' because they are off.... or the rotten beef being mixed with good stuff for micemeat etc.
Ther eis a true horror storie for just about every foodstuff we consume. What's the point in making stuff like this up?

some scarey stuff happens with fish, as well, but at least, fish becomes inedible before it is dangerous (not shellfish though).:shrug:

Stuart W
27-07-2003, 01:30
Lets face it it'd be another first for McDonalds - Having 3, yes 3 members of staff in the same branch, mature enough to er- come up with the goods !

Shouldn't that be "*** up with the goods"???:LOL:

carlingman
27-07-2003, 01:56
You work with someone who knows this woman? How do you know they are telling the truth?

I donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t but have no reason to disbelieve them.

Is the restaurant still open? I would have thought Environmental Health would have closed it if there were evidence of this. They would also have taken McDonalds to court if needed.

It was closed briefly after the event with new staff brought in etc.

Fair enough, most of us on here don't seem to post proof either.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Stuart W snip

Now you not going to shatter my illusions here are you as I thought Elvis was alive living with Hitler on the moon ???

Do you have a link proves otherwise ???

:D

Anyone seen Carlingman !

or has he been abducted by Aliens.

Afraid not, I have been out to a local festival called The Big Cheese in Caerphilly.

Lets face it it'd be another first for McDonalds - Having 3, yes 3 members of staff in the same branch, mature enough to er- come up with the goods.

ROTFLMAO, I like that one very true.

:D

paul11974
27-07-2003, 11:59
:wavey: :wavey: now how do i tell my son he can t have his happy meal today ? :smokin: :smokin:

etccarmageddon
27-07-2003, 12:01
you rent "soylent green" and make him watch it - then tell him that it's a true story and mcdonalds put the stuff in happy meals.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0070723

dieselking
27-07-2003, 12:17
Originally posted by paul11974
:wavey: :wavey: now how do i tell my son he can t have his happy meal today ? :smokin: :smokin:

LOL U could always give Burger King a try.:) :wavey:

bob_a_builder
27-07-2003, 12:24
He says that there were hair, skin, bone and all manner of "filth" going into the machines.

Thats pretty much the definition of MRM Mechanically Recovererd Meat, which I understand is the main ingredient. I think its a case of an animal carcass and a high pressure hose - the hose wins !

Stuart W
27-07-2003, 13:34
You could, like me, buy your meat from a Butcher, not a supermarket.

My local butcher has been my source of meat for nearly 20 years. He's a decent bloke and will spare the time to tell you about how his meat arrives and what he does with it.
In the supermarket, they only know when it got there, not where it came from or how it was looked after before it got to the store.

Dave Stones
27-07-2003, 17:04
You could, like me, buy your meat from a Butcher, not a supermarket.

My local butcher has been my source of meat for nearly 20 years. He's a decent bloke and will spare the time to tell you about how his meat arrives and what he does with it.
In the supermarket, they only know when it got there, not where it came from or how it was looked after before it got to the store.

yes we also use the local butchers...

only wish they hang beef for 30 days etc over here like they do in teh USA... USA beef is so nice compared to the stuff over here. apaprently people dont want to buy mucky brown-looking beef and want the bright red un-nice stuff instead...

and as for people unloading into a mcD's.. well.. :sleep: :sleep:

I read in this mornings paper that most of the supermarkets are adulterating all manner of meats (prime cuts, minces, hams chiskens etc) with mixture of mainly water and proteins from pig skin, vegetables and meat by-products. These items are NOT on the ingredients list. ALL IN THE NAME OF PROFIT.

How the hell can I be sure that the meats I eat are of decent quality?

what i found hilariously funny (i know i really shouldnt have done but i couldnt stop laughing when it was on the news) that muslim halal meat or whatever it is had the pork bits minced into it, and they arent allowed to have pork. that just cracked me up...

Xaccers
27-07-2003, 19:22
Whilst working for one of the companies that produces lettuce for McD's and Tesco's and Morrisons I saw fag butts in the core of lettuce, moths, fingernails, and worst of all, out in the fields, they only put portacabins when Tescos comes to inspect, the rest of the year the workers go over the side of the rig (number1 and number2!)

Course all the lettuce is put through a chlorine bath

Dave Stones
27-07-2003, 20:27
i can see that being a rather disgusting but shrewd business tactic... after all what is number2 but free fertiliser? :rolleyes:

on a side note.. is there anyone that hasnt worked for mcDs and does not know someone that has worked there? off the top of my head i can think of no1...:spin:

grum1978
27-07-2003, 20:30
Originally posted by Dave Stones
on a side note.. is there anyone that hasnt worked for mcDs and does not know someone that has worked there? off the top of my head i can think of no1...:spin:

Yes Me :D :D :p

Ramrod
27-07-2003, 20:58
on a side note.. is there anyone that hasnt worked for mcDs and does not know someone that has worked there? off the top of my head i can think of no1...:spin: Nope, I worked in 2 McDonalds a well:D They are bast*rds to work for but instill a good work ethic:D

Stuart
27-07-2003, 21:18
Originally posted by Ramrod
Nope, I worked in 2 McDonalds a well:D They are bast*rds to work for but instill a good work ethic:D

And apparently you can w**k in the food as well..

LOL

dieselking
28-07-2003, 00:51
i can see that being a rather disgusting but shrewd business tactic... after all what is number2 but free fertiliser? :rolleyes:

me three, I don't know anyone who worked at Mcds:wavey:

Dave Stones
28-07-2003, 11:33
wow more than i thought...

mcDs is good pay for us student types tho really, the one near me offers 4.60 a hour or something. just no one wants the shame of working there...

paul11974
28-07-2003, 11:41

mcDs is good pay for us student types tho really, the one near me offers 4.60 a hour or something. just no one wants the shame of working there...

sorry can i have 2 big macs please and a super large choc shake

Dave Stones
28-07-2003, 11:45
Originally posted by paul11974
sorry can i have 2 big macs please and a super large choc shake

greey b*****d...

and I DONT WORK THERE!

god.. why would anyone want to.. even im not desperate for mcdonalds money...

bob_a_builder
28-07-2003, 12:17
Some people must want to ...

....- in fact, in the United States, 1 in every 15 people has worked at McDonald's at some time. ( in 1995 )

Thats qute a staff turnover

source (http://www.mcspotlight.org/company/expansion/enterprise.html)

kronas
30-07-2003, 21:56
well mcdonalds profits are down but they say there 'healthy' eating products have been highly sucessful it also plans to roll out wi fi wireless net access in selected US restaurants

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3107295.stm

Ramrod
31-07-2003, 00:18

mcDs is good pay for us student types tho really, the one near me offers 4.60 a hour or something. just no one wants the shame of working there... :erm: go get a job as an auxillary nurse. especially through an agency. I was earning £5.00/hr 11 years ago:D ...the rates must have gone up by now.
*hint* work sundays and nights...more moolah:D

imback
31-07-2003, 00:27
greey b*****d...

and I DONT WORK THERE!

god.. why would anyone want to.. even im not desperate for mcdonalds money...

Hell money is money, if they would pay me more than NTL do I'd be there. I'd have no shame in working there, nothing wrong with making an honest living ;)