PDA

View Full Version : Cable Broadband In Coventry

[BorgMaster]
31-05-2004, 11:15
I did post this question when I planned to get NTL broadband some time ago, just over a year now. As I can see from reading these forums, a lot can change in a year. So I'll re-ask the question.

I'm about to move soon, and NTL say they can provide the area I'm moving into. The question is - whats NTL broadband like in Coventry?

Last time I posted everyone said: bandwidth was fine, latencies were fine, no major problems, and everything was going smoothely. Question is... is this still the case?

Thanks in advance :)

td444
31-05-2004, 12:02
For cv2 - latency good, downstream always good, no major problems. 1Mbit user.

lf86
31-05-2004, 20:28
im in cv5 - been on for about 3 years only 1 or 2 service outages, on 600k I get around 550kbits on dslreports.com, but service overall i find to be extremely reliable.

[BorgMaster]
02-06-2004, 00:06
For cv2 - latency good, downstream always good, no major problems. 1Mbit user.

im in cv5 - been on for about 3 years only 1 or 2 service outages, on 600k I get around 550kbits on dslreports.com, but service overall i find to be extremely reliable.

Thank you both for replying, I did leave this thread a day longer just to make sure I got as many people from Coventry to reply.

I am interested in the 1mbps service mainly, but since both are related in regards to service levels/reliability both replies are helpful.

The area I am likely to be moving into (not definite yet) is CV3.
Thanks again :)

Questor
02-06-2004, 15:25
Hi, I am in CV2 on 1mb. During the last three years I have only been without service twice (about 5 days total). Downstream & upstream are both good and perform as they should.

Like all things to do with NTL it's their customer service that's a pain. If you do get a problem you will more than likely spend hours on the phone trying to sort it out, but if you are patient you will get it sorted in the end.

I even got a months refund for my last sevice outage, although I had to phone them a few times and wait about 5 months for it to be credited to my account.

To sum up their service is very good but just pray that it doen't go wrong.

Hope that helps

Q

td444
06-06-2004, 15:32
Getting packetloss today, looks like coventry coudl be heading downhill. Not sure if its just me.

lf86
02-07-2004, 22:09
over the last few weeks I have been resegmented (is that the right term?) and although ive not really noticed any better speed (i average around 560kbps on dslreports speed tests and 610kbps inc overheads on adslguide) I am noticing the connection dropping a bit more often. I used to get 213.105.xxx.xxx IP's, now I'm on 82.5.144.xxx
can anyone provide some info about what that was all about? I think but I'm not sure but i think my ubr/dhcp server addresses changed to something in the 10.xxx.xxx.xxx region?