PDA

View Full Version : Body mods?

CaKe
21-06-2003, 12:13
What does everyone think about body modifications, be it piercing, tattoos, etc?

Reason I ask I've just read this article (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/030621/80/e2x9y.html) and think it's kinda weird - I have my ears pierced twice, and my nose is pierced with a small stud - I'd also love my tongue pierced, and to have a tattoo on my lower back, but this? I find this quite bizarre and I definitely wouldn't do it!

What about everyone else? What do you think?

Chimaera
21-06-2003, 12:25
yuk, I couldn't even read it without wanting to faint or throw up - a quick scroll down was enough for me. Ex lab technician so not at all squeamish - what the hell do people do this to themselves for?

Hick
21-06-2003, 12:35
I think it looks kinda kool although I wouldn't want to have it done as you probably get infections and die or something :)

Hick
21-06-2003, 12:40
A story on Ananova has quite a cool picture

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_780095.html?menu=

bopdude
21-06-2003, 13:29
Up to a point no problem, i have my eyebrow pierced, had my ears pierced and have tattoo's but i dont think i would do any actual " mods " in this sense of the word

imback
21-06-2003, 13:37
It's no different to whatever personal choices people make. I could never go through plastic surgury, seening what they do, some people can and think they look good after when they don't. It's the same thing here.

I love tattoos, not really into piercings though, but each to their own and all that.

Have seen some very extreme case though, where some people feel they would look better with 2 less fingures or whatever and remove them, and have even seen a pic of the split penis they talked about on the last line.

The Diplomat
21-06-2003, 13:46
A case of extreme "ouch" can be felt HERE (http://www.infinitebody.com/gallery/male/apa_amp/multimale1.jpg)

NB this picture may offend

:eek: :eek:

bopdude
21-06-2003, 14:17
Originally posted by The Diplomat
A case of extreme "ouch" can be felt HERE (http://www.infinitebody.com/gallery/male/apa_amp/multimale1.jpg)

NB this picture may offend

:eek: :eek:

What the **** drives a man to do that, tooooOOOOOooooo extreme for me :shrug:

I did see a chat show once about this particular piercing thing, the guy had two bars through the " bobbies "

When asked how he managed to pee he replied that he had to get IT below the rim level as there where five gets...LOL

Alan Waddington
22-06-2003, 05:50
I think the article should be entitled "White man speak with forked tongue".

Each to his own, but I'm opting out of this one ;)

poolking
22-06-2003, 10:14
I have thought about getting a tattoo, but I think I'd probably pass out with the pain of the needles. :D

Ramrod
22-06-2003, 10:34
Once found a site with pics of someone who had they're penis 'split' down the middle for body mod purposes.Disturbed
....so no more :******: for him then......

bo-peep
22-06-2003, 11:13
i've seen sum awful programs about piercing.the last one showed a guy trying to self pierce his you know wot with summat that looked almost as thick as a piece of bamboo.he already had a piercing down there.if that's wot guy's wanna do then fine

my son had his eyebrow done but the hole covered over.he still has his tongue pierced ( and gross it is too)

Stuart W
22-06-2003, 11:30
My friend has a tatoo shop and LOADS of my friends have tatoos... I don't have any, but realy do love the look of some of them. Trouble is, I know I won't like the same thing forever.

When I was in school I had pictures and posters all over my bedroom of fast cars and girls. I thought then that they were the best thing in the world.... now I've grown up a bit, I don't have posters up, I prefer nice pictures.

I'd hate to get a tatoo, then grow out of liking it. It's there for the rest of your life.

bo-peep
22-06-2003, 11:35
my daughter's been out of town and she text me the other day that she'd had a tattoo done on her back ( she's 16) yeah right i though.when a friend asked me wot IF she really had i told him she wasn't stupid enuff cos she knows wot she'd have to endure from me.i knew it would be a temporary one and i was right.sumthing i don't understand is why a lot of people have piercings/tattoos done just cos everybody else has.

Martin
22-06-2003, 12:02
Personally don't like piercings or tattoos. But if people have them thats there choice.:) Sometimes people go to the very extreme and I'm a bit shocked by it! Each to there own though. Also I have known people who you might see and think oh my god, but they are the nicest people going. Just shows, doesn't it?

bo-peep
22-06-2003, 12:53
everybody's different

dieselking
23-06-2003, 16:06
I've always wanted a tatto but never got one because I know I'd probably regret it later on in life. Plus if I did get one my mum & dad would probably kill me even though I'm 27 LOL

Ramrod
23-06-2003, 16:36
Originally posted by Stuart W
Trouble is, I know I won't like the same thing forever.

When I was in school I had pictures and posters all over my bedroom of fast cars and girls. I thought then that they were the best thing in the world.... now I've grown up a bit, I don't have posters up, I prefer nice pictures.

I'd hate to get a tatoo, then grow out of liking it. It's there for the rest of your life.
True. In my line of work I obviously see a lot of skin. Almost without exeption all of the patients who have old tatoos regret having them done. The younger they were when they had them, the more likely they are to regret them. The only patients who are happy with them are the ones who have new/recent tatoos and/or are young themselves.

imback
23-06-2003, 16:40
I'm happy with my tattoos, and have had the first for about 10 years now.

Ramrod
23-06-2003, 16:58
Originally posted by imback
I'm happy with my tattoos, and have had the first for about 10 years now.
I'm talking about 30yrs+
(and there is always the exception to the rule)

Lord Nikon
23-06-2003, 17:02
I wouldn't mind meeting a woman with a pierced tongue..... apparently they are supposed to be "interesting" :D

imback
23-06-2003, 17:04
Originally posted by Lord Nikon
I wouldn't mind meeting a woman with a pierced tongue..... apparently they are supposed to be "interesting" :D

My better half had her tounge done for about 20mins until I convinced her to take it out or I'd be leaving.

Ramrod
23-06-2003, 17:09
Originally posted by Lord Nikon
yup,and the interesting bit is: how long will it take the stud to knock the enamel off her teeth? :D

Russ
23-06-2003, 17:27
Pierced belly-button here :D

Chris
23-06-2003, 17:37
Tongue splitting? Pierced percies? I already told you guys I was off work sick today!

'scuse me while I go hurl

*bleargh

poolking
23-06-2003, 17:41
Originally posted by towny
Tongue splitting? Pierced percies? I already told you guys I was off work sick today!

'scuse me while I go hurl

*bleargh

At least we've not had any pictures posted. :D

Chris
23-06-2003, 17:47
Originally posted by poolking
At least we've not had any pictures posted. :D

That could be arranged. I have a nice 3.2mp camera right here ...

kronas
23-06-2003, 17:49
i do not wish to 'abuse' my body so i dont have one any never will :D :D :D

Taf
23-06-2003, 19:38
Originally posted by kronas
i do not wish to 'abuse' my body so i dont have one any never will :D :D :D

Ditto..... except for fags, booze, cake, cheese......;)