PDA

View Full Version : Incoming Mail

porpoise
27-05-2004, 10:11
I have 4 emal accounts set up. The first receiving mail ok. The second says receiving 1 of 12 but doesn't complete. Therefore I assume theres something 'wrong' with this mail.I keep getting a message' your server hasn't responded for 60 seconds' so I say wait. Is there anything that I can do ?

MovedGoalPosts
27-05-2004, 10:21
Does the email have a web mail access facility. If so, can you access it by that. May just be a rogue email with a large attachment or something that if deleted via webmail allows everything else to run.

porpoise
27-05-2004, 10:28
How do I find that out ? I am using outlook express.

Nemesis
27-05-2004, 10:30
How do I find that out ? I am using outlook express.
Outlook Express is just a client, like webmail .... who do you have your email accounts with, and do they provide webmail access to your accounts ?

porpoise
27-05-2004, 11:31
Why NTL of course !!!! is there any other !!! ;-D

Chris W
27-05-2004, 11:36
try browsing to http://webmail.ntlworld.com and logging into the problem account there. It should then show you the 12 messages, delete any that might cause problems (ie virus infected/ corrupt/ very large) and then try the send and receive in OE again... should get it going for you.

MB

porpoise
27-05-2004, 12:00
Thank you, they were all spam, all cleared no problem now. Thank you very much for your help.

Nemesis
27-05-2004, 12:04
:D Glad u got it sorted :tu:

MJB
27-05-2004, 14:12
I had a similar problem, but clearing the mail off the server still doesn't make it work!

I have three NTL email addresses but only two work. If I send mail to the third it just stays on the server. Outlook sends a test message to say all is OK, but it doesn't come back!

Any pointers appreciated.

Chris W
27-05-2004, 15:14
I had a similar problem, but clearing the mail off the server still doesn't make it work!

I have three NTL email addresses but only two work. If I send mail to the third it just stays on the server. Outlook sends a test message to say all is OK, but it doesn't come back!

Any pointers appreciated.

can you paste the error message that you get for Outlook when you try to receive messages.

are you using any firewall or antivirus software?

MJB
27-05-2004, 17:05
Hi MB,

me again - so soon!

I get no error messages at all. When I check for messages in Outlook I am told all are downloaded, but nothing ever comes from the one of them. When I go to check on the server the messages are just sat there!

And yes, firewall & antiVirus, but everything else has always worked INCLUDING the one that doesn't at the moment.

Chris W
27-05-2004, 18:23
Hi MB,

me again - so soon!

I get no error messages at all. When I check for messages in Outlook I am told all are downloaded, but nothing ever comes from the one of them. When I go to check on the server the messages are just sat there!

And yes, firewall & antiVirus, but everything else has always worked INCLUDING the one that doesn't at the moment.

hmm... sounds obvious...but are you sure that all 3 of the email accounts are setup in outlook? if there were two that were failing to receive messages for some reason then i would expect outlook to give you an error of some kind.

MJB
27-05-2004, 20:00
Yes, 100%.........

Chris W
27-05-2004, 20:03
Yes, 100%.........

pm me which accounts it is you are having problems with and i will take a look for you when i have a minute

MB