PDA

View Full Version : Broadband for business

Nitrox
26-05-2004, 20:10
Does NTL have a corporate sales department that deals with the setup of broadband connections for businesses ?

I have been given the task at work of finding an alternative to our current connection as the reliability and service is appalling.

I have done a quick check on ntlworld.com with our postcode and it would seem that the service is available in our area but am not convinced it is !

Would appreciate any contacts, websites to point me in the right direction.

Thanks

APS
26-05-2004, 20:42
They can offer either a cable modem based service or a 2MB HDSL (leased line) service. The first is sold under the Business Essentials brand and costs about £79/mo for 1 MB. The HDSL comes in at about £7-8k per year.

We have the cable service at work and the link has proved reliable and fast. Luckily though we don't rely on NTLs email or news servers. The Business Essentials servers are shared with the NTL:home service so have suffered all the faults reported in here.

I am not sure if you get better maintained service for email etc if you go for the leased line package.

Phone 0800 052 0800 and follow the Business sales path. You will eventually find someone who will sell you either of the above offerings, beware though they are sold by completely different departments.

There is a site:

http://businessessentials.ntl.com/

But this rarely changes, the status page never updates and it gives little info. It does provide a door into servicing your own account though.

APS

tkiely
26-05-2004, 21:19
http://www.f2s.com/adsl/business.php

a good alternative starting at £22.50p er mth, perfect mail servers and NO SPAM!!

nidave
27-05-2004, 11:14
we use ntl buisness for netowrk and internet access accross a HUGE area - I main office 6 Sub offices and 10 Home connections. All with ntl - We have had no problems and everything seems Very fast.

slimshady
27-05-2004, 11:21
I am not sure if you get better maintained service for email etc if you go for the leased line package.

APS

Theres not a lot of "Value Added" rubbish with the leased lines - I think its just access to Newsgroups (thats a joke in itself lol!), and like dns, and mail relay/spooling services. They expect if you've got a 2meg line that u r going to run your own mail servers etc.. or i suppose u could get these services with another company.

orangebird
27-05-2004, 11:32
Does NTL have a corporate sales department that deals with the setup of broadband connections for businesses ?

I have been given the task at work of finding an alternative to our current connection as the reliability and service is appalling.

I have done a quick check on ntlworld.com with our postcode and it would seem that the service is available in our area but am not convinced it is !

Would appreciate any contacts, websites to point me in the right direction.

Thanks

What region are you in? Let me know and I'll get the relevant direct contact number for you. :)