PDA

View Full Version : ntl sacm

iffy
26-05-2004, 15:39
ive been on the phone today too ntl ,they are gonna take me stb out and fit a sacm in on monday,,,free of charge,,and give me a free mths rental,,,im gobsmacked,lol,,,,makes a nice change,im doin this cause i heard the stb cant take 1.5mb in only 1mb,,and i think me stb is a bit iffy any way,cant believe it was so easy too do,,took 10 mins on the phone not hrs,;)

Neil
26-05-2004, 16:11
Have you made sure you are not entering into a new 12 month contract?

iffy
26-05-2004, 16:57
yer its a 12mth contract,why whats rong?

paulyoung666
26-05-2004, 17:12
yer its a 12mth contract,why whats rong?

because you will not be able to get out of it easily if you need to :disturbd:

iffy
26-05-2004, 17:33
i aint worried ,lol,,,so its not a prob,i wont be going no where else for cable,bt is poo,blue yonder is not in my area,and i aint got a home phone for internet connection i use me mobile,,so ntl with just the cable suits me good,,,been with em for 3yrs and all been good,only had a few times when me nets gone so i cant complain:dunce:

scrotnig
26-05-2004, 17:36
Glad to hear this is all goping well for you iffy.

If you're in an ex-Cable & Wireless area and want to get paper bills rather than email notifications for the SACM charges, let me know by PM.

LostintheNW
26-05-2004, 18:26
Is that true that the STB cant taket he 1.5 meg? if so I will need to change to a SCAM but there is no way i am going back on to another 12 month contract with them, been on BB with them for over 3 years and had the tv since NTL took over C&W (was with nynex, and C&W formerly)

SMHarman
26-05-2004, 18:44
One of the other threads has on here today has dispelled that myth and said the STB with the current software on board will go up to 10 Mb, so a while before it becomes a problem.

iffy
26-05-2004, 19:07
when is this new bandwith starting?is it soon.

SMHarman
26-05-2004, 19:11
Late Summer

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=11564

I'm sure Mick'll be along to close this in a minute, tidy person that he is.

dragon
26-05-2004, 22:29
LOL i misread the title for a mo there i thought it said ntl scam!

opps oops: :dunce:

bobby
27-05-2004, 02:07
How the hell do i get a sacm, iv been reading loads of post here about STB possibly not supporting the 1.5 speed increase in the summer.

Will NTL just send out a SACM ?
or do i have to beg them.

arcamalpha2004
27-05-2004, 07:45
LOL i misread the title for a mo there i thought it said ntl scam!

opps oops: :dunce:
I misread it too :confused: how naughty it was for me to think it said " scam ".
Thing is, why are they renewing the current stb's if as somebody said, the current ones can handle the 1.5 mb with no problems?
Is it after all a SCAM to get us all back to 12 month contracts?
Perhaps somebody from NTL can enlighten us on the cons of the new format?

etccarmageddon
27-05-2004, 08:12
I had to sign up for another 12 months when I changed from Set to box to Stand Alone Cable Modem.

As far as I know, it's only the Telewest customers who wont get the speed increase if they're on STB 1mb.

andrew_wallasey
27-05-2004, 10:50
I am only on a month by month contract for my broadband and I was a new customer. I think it was because of my monthly spend.

scrotnig
27-05-2004, 11:16
I misread it too :confused: how naughty it was for me to think it said " scam ".
Thing is, why are they renewing the current stb's if as somebody said, the current ones can handle the 1.5 mb with no problems?
Is it after all a SCAM to get us all back to 12 month contracts?
Perhaps somebody from NTL can enlighten us on the cons of the new format?
We're not trying to pull a scam on anyone, we really aren't.

If a customer was to request a SACM of their own accord, out of personal preference, when their existing service is working fine, it'd be a 12 month contract. If the company recommends it for whatever reason, then no new contract is needed, I've dealt with one or two myself like that.

Customer satisfaction is what we're after, not conning people into new contracts, that really is not the way we work.

arcamalpha2004
27-05-2004, 12:11
We're not trying to pull a scam on anyone, we really aren't.

If a customer was to request a SACM of their own accord, out of personal preference, when their existing service is working fine, it'd be a 12 month contract. If the company recommends it for whatever reason, then no new contract is needed, I've dealt with one or two myself like that.

Customer satisfaction is what we're after, not conning people into new contracts, that really is not the way we work.
Hi Mark, in the scenario you explain I see no prob, as you say, if a customers present system is working fine then that would mean a new 12 month contract,if they just want sacm through personal preference.
But what other benefits are there of the new sacm, as posted by someone earlier, the present stb's should be capable once the speeds are implemented?

andrew_wallasey
27-05-2004, 12:36
I think what it means is if you are using a STB and you are having problems and they recommend you get a SACM. You wont have to eneter a new contract but if you just ring up and request it you are required to enter a fresh 12 month contract.