PDA

View Full Version : No broadband in SA4 area

Dawn
13-05-2004, 11:28
Have now been broadbandless in Swansea/Llanelli area for 3rd day today. Engineer came out and told me that it was an outage problem in the area rather than one with my personal connection.

Anyone any info on how long this is going to be down for?

Save me from library internet hell!

orangebird
13-05-2004, 11:34
Have now been broadbandless in Swansea/Llanelli area for 3rd day today. Engineer came out and told me that it was an outage problem in the area rather than one with my personal connection.

There's a little bit abuot Swansea losing brief connection on hte server status page...

As part of the ongoing project to maintain and upgrade our Broadband network, there is a requirement to carry out work on components which may result in a loss of service for the duration of the work. On the morning of 11/05/2004 between 01:00 and 05:00 the following work will take place: Broadband customers in the Reading, Trefforest, Derby, Gorseinon, Heckmondwike, Grimsby, Stevenage, Oxford, Newmarket, Penarth, Pentwyn, Barry and Hartlepool areas may experience a loss of service during this time due to network upgrades. Broadband internet customers nationwide may experience a very brief (60 seconds or so) loss of service while network load rebalancing occurs. On the morning of 12/05/2004 between 01:00 and 05:00 the following work will take place: Broadband customers in Leeds, Harrogate and York may lose their connection during this time due to dhcp upgrades. A reboot of the modem followed by PC will restore the conection. Broadband customers in the Swansea and Neath areas may experience a very brief (60 seconds or so) loss of service while network load rebalancing occurs. On the morning of 13/05/2004 between 01:00 and 05:00 the following work will take place: Broadband customers in the Ashford, Hitchin and Luton areas may experience a loss of service during this time due to network upgrades. On the morning of 14/05/2004 between 01:00 and 05:00 the following work will take place: Broadband internet customers nationwide may experience a very brief (60 seconds or so) loss of service while network load rebalancing occurs.

Have you rang ntl cs/ts at all?

Dawn
13-05-2004, 11:36
Rung them 5 times in the last 3 days since it disappeared. Apparently they know they have a problem and it's on a 'timeframe'. Is this code for "Don't hold your breath waiting for us to fix it"??? ;)

Chris W
13-05-2004, 11:36

:welcome: to the site!

The fault was raised on 11/05 at about 14:30 and as far as i know is still being worked on atm.

MB

Dawn
13-05-2004, 11:41
Cheers Monkeybreath!

I got up on the morning of the 11th and there it was gone. :(

Cable light does a pathetic little flicker occasionally and here I am in a public library having to get my online fix.

Is there a god of Ntl I can make a sacrifice to??? ;)