PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about getting rid of NTL unless this is sorted

JamieLee2k
11-05-2004, 23:46
I have had NTL before and I have been having little trouble but since I came back to them I am having nothing but problems. Let me start from the begining.

I moved into a property in which NTL BB was orinigially here and it was the 150k BB and when he left it was disconnected, but when I moved in it was reconnected back to the 150k and not the speed I asked for, so I phoned them and told them I want the 1meg (what I asked for) they said it's sorted and will be with me within the hour, 5 hours later still the same, so I phoned them again and I gave them a mouth full and in an instant I got 1 meg.

I thought after a day or two my speed is really slow and so I phoned there tech support and he told me he couldn't find my mac address on there computers, I told them it was there earlier cus I phoned up (btw it's my own modem) they got 2 ppl to try it and they said it was nothing so they went to ask someone else, to my knowledge they cut me off, suprise suprise.

I rang them back and they wouldn't help me since I had a router and so they put the phoned down on me, again suprise suprise.

I phoned up again told the guy the same thing and he said ok and ran a few tests and it was fine.

After a few days the speed picked up and has been fine since.

I decided yesterday I was gonna try and get an email address, so I phoned tech suppport and they said you gotta phone customer services, so I phoned them and they said you gotta phone tech support, so I phoned them and they said phone customer services and I said I have been ****ed about too much now, all I want is a f**kin email address, they said right got https://autoreg.autoregister.net and I did all the details and it said your mac address is already registered and I told tech support and they said goto https://autoreg.autoregister.net/cgi/housemove so I went there and it said

House Move Not Applicable Your ntl account is not in the correct state to perform a house move. Please contact customer services if this error continues If you need further help, please contact our customer support (0845 650 0925).

I rang that number and they said I gotta ring customer service and I told them I did that and that I got this number to ring from the web and they said I will talk to customer service on the phone whilst I was on the phone to her, she said you need to talk to them, and I said I was getting moved from one place to another and I also asked how much this call was, she said about 8p min, I ask if I would be waiting long, she said about 5 mins, 45 mins later I will still on the phone, so I put the phone down, yet to call them back.

I have had enough and it's only been 1 week

Marge
11-05-2004, 23:49
Hi and welcome to the site, if you want to PM me your details I'll see if I can help tomorrow.

Chris W
12-05-2004, 00:15
:welcome: to the site... debs if need me to look at this from the technical side of things, drop me a pm. In tomorrow from 6pm. From the looks of things it is a bromley account so it will be possible to get everything sorted from our end hopefully!

MB

Tezcatlipoca
12-05-2004, 00:48
:welcome: JamieLee2k

Just to let you know:

Both Debsy42 & monkeybreath do indeed work for NTL, so you can trust them with your details. They are both *very helpful* people, & have sorted out problems for many other NTL customers :)

JamieLee2k
12-05-2004, 10:42
I think I could work for NTL since I got more experiance than anyone I have spoke with so far on the phones, LOL

Chris W
12-05-2004, 12:23
I think I could work for NTL since I got more experiance than anyone I have spoke with so far on the phones, LOL

what a helpful comment :rolleyes: also insulting to the ntl employees like myself and Debsy who give up their free time to help people on here. :mad:

Stuartbe
12-05-2004, 12:26

That is not the right way to get help on this site. The members that work for NTL post here in there own time and like the cable forum team are unpaid. They are NOT personaly responsible for your problems so do NOT take it out on them.

dilli-theclaw
12-05-2004, 12:27
I think I could work for NTL since I got more experiance than anyone I have spoke with so far on the phones, LOLActually I don't think you could - if you spoke to a customer like that you'd probably get sacked or at least disiplined.

Anyway - I'm glad that ntl employees GIVE UP THEIR TIME for FREE to help others here.

You would do well to remember that whatever problems you are having with ntl - it's not EVERYONE that causes said problems.

I don't think I could do their job (c/s and tech support) not for lack of ability - but I would be unable to restrain myself from telling a customer what I thought of them ;)

foggypicture
12-05-2004, 12:48
:welcome: I think you have blown it mate! You cannot say anything against ntl: or ntl: staff on this website - they do not like it - even if it is only your opinion! :clap:

Stuartbe
12-05-2004, 12:51
:welcome: I think you have blown it mate! You cannot say anything against ntl: or ntl: staff on this website - they do not like it - even if it is only your opinion! :clap:

:welcome: to the site m8 :)

I am afraid that you could not be more wrong !

We have no problems what so ever with users having anything against NTL. We respect there opinion. What we do have a problem with is members being insulted or belittled that do work for NTL and post in there own time.

zovat
12-05-2004, 14:02

We have no problems what so ever with users having anything against NTL. We respect there opinion. What we do have a problem with is members being insulted or belittled that do work for NTL and post in there own time.

Now now guys (and girls) lets not get overheated about this....

:ghugs: to all...

It can be very frustrating talking to SOME of the NTL first line support people, we have all seen this time and time again.

I don't think Jamie meant to belittle those persons on this forum who give their time to help,(note the LOL at the end ;) ) but judging from his dealings with tech support on this occasion, I can certainly understand the frustration involved.

Let not jump straight in and take offence - I'm sure we have all dealt with techs before, and come away thinking that we could do a better job than them (I know I have).

As to not being able to say bad things about NTL, I cannot agree at all - I have said some pretty nasty things about them on this forum (under its various names) and, as long as it is justified, have never had anyone get upset. (in fact I more often than not find even the NTL employees agreeing)

oh, and :welcome: to the site Jamie - at least I noticed the "LOL" at the end of your post :angel:

orangebird
12-05-2004, 14:09

Excellent first post - I hope you don't need any help..... :rolleyes:

Neil
12-05-2004, 14:27

Anyone can berate ntl all they want to here-they deserve it IMHO for taking customer's money & not offering a decent service in return, but berating of the ntl staff that post here in their own free time to help customers will not be tolerated in any way/shape/form.

Now that we have establishe that, I hope youcan enjoy the site as much as the rest of us, & make a worthwhile contribution. :)

zovat
12-05-2004, 14:56
Anyone can berate ntl all they want to here-they deserve it IMHO for taking customer's money & not offering a decent service in return, but berating of the ntl staff that post here in their own free time to help customers will not be tolerated in any way/shape/form.

Now that we have establishe that, I hope youcan enjoy the site as much as the rest of us, & make a worthwhile contribution. :)

I'm with you on that one Neil :D

I also think people need to read a post a few times to make sure they are getting the right impression - if Jamie had put a ;) instead of LOL - maybe people would have thought (as I do) that the comment was not meant to belittle anyone except those people that had caused the frustration in the first place...

Bill C
12-05-2004, 16:25

By the way why are you spamming me in pm to join you forum. Well below the belt :(

scrotnig
12-05-2004, 17:08
Absolute, unadulterated rubbish I'm afraid.

If people need help and I can assist....then I will assist. And I'm sure that goes for other staff posting here as well.

If you have a problem and you're in an ex-Cable & Wireless region, then feel free to ask me for assistance...PM is best. If not, there'll be someone else here who can help.

scrotnig
12-05-2004, 17:09
I have today seen two threads. One accusing the mods of running a site that is pro-ntl. The other accused the mods of running a site that is anti-ntl.

Proof positive that they are, in fact, getting the balance about right, methinks.

Paul
12-05-2004, 17:18
I have today seen two threads. One accusing the mods of running a site that is pro-ntl. The other accused the mods of running a site that is anti-ntl.

No wonder we feel dizzy .. :spin:

Bill C
12-05-2004, 18:08
That is not the right way to get help on this site. The members that work for NTL post here in there own time and like the cable forum team are unpaid. They are NOT personaly responsible for your problems so do NOT take it out on them.

Well Put :clap:

timewarrior2001
12-05-2004, 18:45
c'mon guys have we lost our sense of humour?

After what the poor guy has been through he made what he felt was a whitty comment.

I work on a tech support desk and i laughed. Ok so I dont work for NTL but we all get the same problems and we all get customers that are not happy.

Look at life with a sense of humour he wasnt haveing a go at anyone thatgives their free time here, he was making a wise crack about his experiences with tech support.

I feel the same when I call sometimes and I do the same fecking job. The place I work at wouldnt exist if our standards were the same as some peoples at NTL. Yet we still get it wrong and we still laugh at ourselves when we do.

Keep up the good work and keep smiling, it costs nothing :)

Charlie_Bubble
12-05-2004, 19:01
By the way why are you spamming me in pm to join you forum. Well below the belt :(

Maybe you've pulled! :D

Bill C
12-05-2004, 19:04
Maybe you've pulled! :D

:LOL:

Charlie_Bubble
12-05-2004, 19:13
Keep up the good work and keep smiling, it costs nothing :)

Unless you're Sean McGowan from the Pogues. According to the top 30 celeb mingers on Sky the other night it would cost £40k for him to have his teeth fixed up by a cosmetic surgeon! :D

Tezcatlipoca
12-05-2004, 21:00

Very well put, guys :) :tu:

It always confuses me how some people claim we are pro-NTL while at the same time other people claim we are anti-NTL.

Proof positive that they are, in fact, getting the balance about right, methinks.

At least someone thinks so ;) :D

Cheers :)

It can be very frustrating talking to SOME of the NTL first line support people, we have all seen this time and time again.

LOL, I think that's a given, zovat.

I've had many frustrating calls to NTL, as have many people. :mad:

Of course, I have also spoken on the phone to some very helpful people at CS & TS - plus I am glad that we have so many NTL people here who are willing to give their help for free & in their own time :)

I don't think Jamie meant to belittle those persons on this forum who give their time to help,(note the LOL at the end ;) ) but judging from his dealings with tech support on this occasion, I can certainly understand the frustration involved.

Jamie's frustration at those he spoke to is easily understandable. And as you said earlier, hopefully he did not mean to belittle the NTL employees who post here & help people.

I hope that JamieLee2k and Debsy/MB/etc are not put off each other by this thread, & that he does manage to get the help he needs.

:)

Unless you're Sean McGowan from the Pogues. According to the top 30 celeb mingers on Sky the other night it would cost £40k for him to have his teeth fixed up by a cosmetic surgeon! :D

:notopic:

£40k? Is that all?! ;)

Richard M
12-05-2004, 22:31

Ignore this post - it's our old friend "Rippedoff".

JamieLee2k
12-05-2004, 22:44
I don't think Jamie meant to belittle those persons on this forum who give their time to help,(note the LOL at the end ;) ) but judging from his dealings with tech support on this occasion, I can certainly understand the frustration involved.I am not here to have a go at anyone but to point out that I was getting passed from one person to another and it seemed like something that is so simple no-one can do, (not that I have found yet)

I have asked Debsy42 to help and she has done a great job with the resources she had in the little space of time.

I wasn't here to flame any NTL Staff, far from it, but everyone has problems and I just seem to be having more than most in a short space of time.

When I was on NTL before I had very little problems and sometimes it took about 3-4 phone calls just to get someone that could help with my problems.

My point was there are good and bad staff and some are still learning and they know very little, but give them time and they will improve.

Sorry if I offeneded anyone.

JamieLee2k
12-05-2004, 23:00
BTW Debsy42 was able to help me recover a previous email address for now, so If I can remember my password I will use that in the meantime, and I hope you feel better soon.

homealone
12-05-2004, 23:04
I am not here to have a go at anyone but to point out that I was getting passed from one person to another and it seemed like something that is so simple no-one can do, (not that I have found yet)

I have asked Debsy42 to help and she has done a great job with the resources she had in the little space of time.

I wasn't here to flame any NTL Staff, far from it, but everyone has problems and I just seem to be having more than most in a short space of time.

When I was on NTL before I had very little problems and sometimes it took about 3-4 phone calls just to get someone that could help with my problems.

My point was there are good and bad staff and some are still learning and they know very little, but give them time and they will improve.

Sorry if I offeneded anyone.

good post JL2k, I'm not sure if you are 'damning with faint praise', a little, but it was nice of you to apologise :)

Neil
12-05-2004, 23:09
Ignore this post - it's our old friend "Rippedoff".

:LOL:

What a sad old bugger-leaving us $lagging us off rotten, then re-registering again just to say the same thing! :rolleyes:

It's not the 1st time this idiot has registered either...Is it Robert Hill!? ;)

Get a life!!

JamieLee2k
01-11-2004, 20:19
It's been a long time since this thread, but I was on the phone to NTL today and and I managed to do the housemove and the guy one the phone was so helpfull.

Now if this guy done it in less than 5 mins this thread would have never been started.

I managed to get my old email address and webspace back.

The problem is now I am getting soo much spam it's unreal.

2404 in 1 month and 30 days, you do the maths