PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Medic - Error

bertJ
11-05-2004, 12:22
I've installed BB Medic twice, the second time using an url sent me by technical. I receive the confirming e mails but get an error message when trying to run BB Medic as below:
Error
Broadband medic has encountered some technical problems while trying to support your PC.
Please click the option below which will end your broadband medic session, etc. etc.

I've tried installing with my firewall and Anti-Virus software turned off but still NG.
Has anyone any ideas please?
Thanks

Nemesis
11-05-2004, 12:24
Why do you need it ?

bertJ
11-05-2004, 12:40
Why do you need it ?
Good question - I thought I'd give it a try; it's also irritating that it doesn't work so I can't decide whether i need it or not!

Chris W
11-05-2004, 12:41
What is your pc spec?

bertJ
11-05-2004, 13:48
What is your pc spec?
The initial test screen seemed quite happy with the spec. Athlon 1.2Ghz, 512 mb memory. Win XP Pro.

quadplay
11-05-2004, 14:03
I've seen this a few times, but still can't work out what's causing it... It's just a theory, but which Java interpreter are you using? The built-in Windows XP one or the Sun Java Interpreter? If it's the former, can you try downloading a new interpreter at www.java.com and uninstall then re-install BBM after that?

quadplay
11-05-2004, 16:14
The initial test screen seemed quite happy with the spec. Athlon 1.2Ghz, 512 mb memory. Win XP Pro.

Also, who manufactured the PC? Every time I've seen this message so far, it's been on an eMachines PC - probably just a coincidence, but it has set me wondering...

bertJ
11-05-2004, 17:08
Jimbo:
Thanks for that. It was a Mesh PC originally but it's been changed so much that it's not really any make now!
It's using Windows Java but I'll give the alternative a try.

bertJ
11-05-2004, 17:46
Jimbo:
Have now tried Sun Java and reloaded BB Medic as you suggested but still getting the same error message. I don't think it's particularly important to run this software so I'll now give up!
Thanks anyway

quadplay
11-05-2004, 19:17
Oh well, it was only a theory! I wish I could get to the bottom of this, but I've not been able to reproduce the error message myself.