PDA

View Full Version : no connection

SOSAGES
11-05-2004, 08:39
Hi all - came home yesterday noticed that i had no internet connection had a quick look at the modem and noticed not all the lights were on, had a quick restart of the modem and everything was fine again.

woke up this morning much the same escept i cant seem to get the modem lights working again i restarted the modem unplugged all the cables and waited 15 mins put them all back in but no luck - i do have a power light but thats about it i think sometimes the send light flashes recive is always on i belive (not looking at the modem so cant remember)

Anyone have any suggestions i have my Mac Id if any tech's are watching and feel like running a quick line test :)

its a surfboard modem 1 meg connection in the rg42 2qb area.

SOSAGES
11-05-2004, 14:25
maybe its quicker to give em a bell ...hopefully they can help

GazzaB
11-05-2004, 16:25
Hi sosages,
Your modem is showing offline, is it plugged in still? If it is a quick ring to technical support is required to get a technician request booked for you, although there may possibly be an area fault as RG41 has a fault listed on the status page here.

SOSAGES
11-05-2004, 16:53
normally i would of called tech support but i had to go to work - i left the modem plugged in all day have been pinging it but no luck but my IP may of changed when i get in i will restart it and if that dont work i will give em a ring ;)

SOSAGES
12-05-2004, 08:45
okay called up last night as its been off all day and was told their seemed to be a fault in my rg42 2xx postcode area and their is no TV or cable modem service all day

i said my tvs working fine and the modem has been off for 2 days not just today(well yesterday now) but he couldnt do anythig till this fault is cleared up.

so does anyone know of a number u can call to check the latest faults so i can see if mine is still listed? or maybe a webpage with the info in it -

SOSAGES
13-05-2004, 17:45
well its friday and i got home from work no internet still .. the slags ..so i gave tech support a ring they said i been cut off BAH damn capp i said to my self - rang CS said help me they said i havnt paid my bills i said its DD i cant miss em its a simple method. they said we havnt tried to take the money i said and thats my problem how? so they took the money said sorry for cutting me off and put me back on again

U never know u missed the web so much until its gone

homealone
13-05-2004, 19:03
well its friday and i got home from work no internet still .. the slags ..so i gave tech support a ring they said i been cut off BAH damn capp i said to my self - rang CS said help me they said i havnt paid my bills i said its DD i cant miss em its a simple method. they said we havnt tried to take the money i said and thats my problem how? so they took the money said sorry for cutting me off and put me back on again

U never know u missed the web so much until its gone

welcome back SOSAGES :wavey: - psst it's only Thursday - don't forget to go to work tomorrow ;)

SOSAGES
14-05-2004, 08:39
damn time travelling and all these bank holidays :)