PDA

View Full Version : BB and STB connection

BlueMeany
10-05-2004, 01:31
May seem like a stupid query for here, and indeed I don't know if this is the right forum for it...

I have 1Mb through a STB.

Computer is upstairs, STB is downstairs with TV. The girlfriend uses the email function from the STB/TV a hell of a lot, and more often than not several times a day the whole thing seems to "lock up" and nothing works... the only solution is to unplug the STB and reconnect it after 10secs or so.

Obviously, this is seriously beginning to miff me right off whilst I am upstairs on broadband.

Why is it doing this, and more importantly, is there anything I can do.. can I request a cable modem? Is it worth it? etc etc

Any help appreciated - I haven't phoned 'em up yet.

Paul
10-05-2004, 02:07
As I recall I think there are problems associated with 1M via STB's - I would request a SACM.

badnbusy
10-05-2004, 07:34
Yep. You are entitled to it. Call them up, request a cable modem and they should sort it out for you :)

Pea-Pod
10-05-2004, 23:41
Jeez, don't even get me on trying to send email by interactive TV. :Yikes: especially when you've only got the remote control. God how I love my PC lol

eoin.miskell
11-05-2004, 01:20
Jeez, don't even get me on trying to send email by interactive TV. :Yikes: especially when you've only got the remote control. God how I love my PC lol
Well if you want to write a long email buy a keybord!! :pp