PDA

View Full Version : XBOX: Halo

grum1978
19-07-2003, 23:52
I got myself an xbox abt 3 weeks ago have played burnout2 to death now, have now started on halo but i keep getting to this stage not very far in and i can't see what i'm meant to do everyones dead and no where to go

do you think any1 can help me?

MovedGoalPosts
19-07-2003, 23:56
What level are you on, and can you describe what you are currently seeing?

Caspar
19-07-2003, 23:57
Originally posted by grum1978
I got myself an xbox abt 3 weeks ago have played burnout2 to death now, have now started on halo but i keep getting to this stage not very far in and i can't see what i'm meant to do everyones dead and no where to go

do you think any1 can help me?

If you're having a hard time I would recommend you to persist with it, there some blank parts in the game when, and you are right, it's not always apparent on what to do :rolleyes:

Have a look at the walkthroughs and game tips etc...over at GameFaqs.com (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/game/32488.html) ;)

Have fun and not use the walkthroughs too much!

....and erm... wait for it, wait for it.... :p :rolleyes: :p

grum1978
19-07-2003, 23:58
thats great advise casper like some i got in a pm a while ago :p

667 *phew*

grum1978
20-07-2003, 00:00
Originally posted by MovedGoalPosts
What level are you on, and can you describe what you are currently seeing?

:bigcry: first level just killed eveything in the control room thingy and no where to go :(

Caspar
20-07-2003, 00:00
667 *phew*

:notopic:

I got scared for a second too when you told me in your PM...cause my forum ID is ....13 ;)

MovedGoalPosts
20-07-2003, 00:11
:bigcry: first level just killed eveything in the control room thingy and no where to go :(

Do you mean the bridge (youv'e met up with Captain Keyes)?

grum1978
20-07-2003, 00:19
Do you mean the bridge (youv'e met up with Captain Keyes)?

erm...yes thats it!!

:D

MovedGoalPosts
20-07-2003, 00:28
You are going to have to fight your way off the Pillar of Autumn. Much of the level is fairly linear, but it's easy to find yourself going round in circles in some of the corridors.
Leave the bridge by the corridor you entered and you should find yourself with a pistol and then be confronted by your first covenant. Shoot them and keep going. Then you get an assualt rifle, and will be confronted by heavier opposition in the first large room, together with some marines who might not last long.

grum1978
20-07-2003, 00:30
You are going to have to fight your way off the Pillar of Autumn. Much of the level is fairly linear, but it's easy to find yourself going round in circles in some of the corridors.
Leave the bridge by the corridor you entered and you should find yourself with a pistol and then be confronted by your first covenant. Shoot them and keep going. Then you get an assualt rifle, and will be confronted by heavier opposition in the first large room, together with some marines who might not last long.

oh no i have done all that :(

MovedGoalPosts
20-07-2003, 00:34
Hmm.

Most of it is a case of wandering around corridors, as i said it's easy to find yourself backtracking. As you walk around, if there is a door, which could be a solid shutter, or a grille like thing, which has a green glow, get close enough and it should open. At one stage you will need to enter a sort of maintenance corridor.

Jarandco
20-07-2003, 10:04
Originally posted by Caspar
If you're having a hard time I would recommend you to persist with it, there some blank parts in the game when, and you are right, it's not always apparent on what to do :rolleyes:

Have a look at the walkthroughs and game tips etc...over at GameFaqs.com (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/game/32488.html) ;)

Have fun and not use the walkthroughs too much!

....and erm... wait for it, wait for it.... :p :rolleyes: :p

so ur further than the first level then! :p

and yeah enter the corridors and use your light - but u spend a while in these corridors - personally i didnt get stuck at all on the first level!? You just need to make your way to the shuttles to leave the ship, its not too long the first level!

MovedGoalPosts
20-07-2003, 16:31
Originally posted by Jarandco
<snip> personally i didnt get stuck at all on the first level!? <snip>

So you were playing on easy level then :p :D

Jarandco
20-07-2003, 16:52
So you were playing on easy level then :p :D

No i believe it was normally actually i have done the first level on legendary thou!

grum1978
20-07-2003, 20:13
sorted now thaks ppl i had to go down another maintenance tunnel that i kept walking past...lol...

Thanks for all the advice :)